The QFG2 teaser looks amazing!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#26 Post by Erpy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:19 am

The censorship bars are just there in the trailer.

techie775
Knight Status

#27 Post by techie775 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:03 pm

sweet! Looks promising. I didn't know what happened to this project for a while but I check the website regularly. Keep up the good work.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#28 Post by Music Head » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:15 pm

Erpy wrote:The censorship bars are just there in the trailer.
SEND ME THE GAME!!!!!  :p

paulmsammon
Peasant Status

#29 Post by paulmsammon » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:47 pm

Erpy wrote:The censorship bars are just there in the trailer.
Thank you for allaying my concerns.

I will now go replay KQ2, because I need a break from Delta Force.

Das Wheel
Peasant Status

#30 Post by Das Wheel » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:36 pm

I've little choice to concur with the general statement here. Top notch work folks, but it's both a blessing and a curse in that, while it rekindles our joy at the oncoming of what looks to be a DAYUMN great game, it also serves to make many of us nigh ravenous at the thought of playing it. All in all though, thanks for the nibble AGDIs, I'm just going to go in the corner weeping with joy.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#31 Post by PotatoSlayer » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:42 am

Yay im so happy.  The game is so close i can almost feel my finger pushing the button that's gonna download the game.  I can't wait!! yet i shall be patient.  Oblivion is supposed to take 200 hrs. and im only 20 into it so that should keep me busy. :rollin

gamecreator
Knight Status

#32 Post by gamecreator » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:12 am

I literally got chills in the first few seconds.  The trailer is awesome.  Though I wasn't really worried about it, any doubt I may have had of the game doing the original justice has been swept away.  It's only a question of how far beyond it will go to outdo it.

We get our first glimpse (I think) of an elemental.  The fighter does new moves, like a jump attack and a side kick.  Cool magic effects.  Great graphics (I especially like the look of Raseir).  Wow!  I'm impressed.  Thank you!

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#33 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:28 am

Great job on the trailer, guys.  This is gonna be sweet.

Bt

wussie
Peasant Status

#34 Post by wussie » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:43 am

I must say, I had taken a break from checking this site for a while, I came back and find a trailer!  Awesome!  If I take another break and come back later, will the game be finished?  Again awesome job AGDs!  I thank you ever so much!

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#35 Post by Fribbi » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:29 am

I must say, I had taken a break from checking this site for a while, I came back and find a trailer!  Awesome!  If I take another break and come back later, will the game be finished?  Again awesome job AGDs!  I thank you ever so much!
The foums here isn't that bad.  ;)  Well ok maybe it will be again if  nobody is around here again.  Oh well.  :p  :rolleyes To you all we should again take a big break again. The winter is far away from us if they are finaly going to release the game then. Nigthy Night then my friends! (yawn) zZZZZZZzzz! |I

To AGDI team
Wake me up in next time when you have a big surprize like this one guys and girl.  :D

ps: I am still on e-mail alert news postlist of yours, isn't that right guys and girl?   ;)

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#36 Post by Spikey » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:58 am

This teaser is awesome. Just so you know.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#37 Post by Da_elf » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:05 pm

to be a stick in the mud i would say the game shots look awsome. the teaser looks cool but i wouldnt have made it so long and might have spiced it up just a little bit more (but hey. one persons personal oppinion is another persons brain fart)

ChronoSerge
Peasant Status

#38 Post by ChronoSerge » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:43 am

That teaser was fantastic! I can't wait to play the game and I can't wait to buy Al Emmo when it is released :) After seeing that trailer, i'll feel guilty for playing QFGII for free :P It looks like a commercial game.

ChaosBurnFlame
Royal Servant Status

#39 Post by ChaosBurnFlame » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:18 pm

The combat system looks INTENSE!   Jackalmen all leaping around swarming you, kicking them down?!  AWESOME!

Pretty much the best I've ever seen handling a group of baddies handled in an RPG.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#40 Post by Paladinlover » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:44 am

Thank you, AGDs, you guys have shown, once again, what you people are capable of! You didn't need to prove yourselves again, but you did it, and you did it marvelously! :D

That battle with the Jackalmen is definately something, and I really believe you made it far more realistic than it would have been otherwise... simply hacking at one while the others howl and taunt as they wait patiently for their turn as you kill their friends one-by-one!

And yes, if you need several more months to hammer out the bugs (maybe even a year or so) by all means, take them! Be perfectionists and set yourselves apart (more than you already have) from other game makers around! :)

Till next time stay cool... and patient, cause this stuff is WELL worth the wait! :smokin

daventry
Knight Status

#41 Post by daventry » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:51 pm

Awsome Trailer AGD, i cant wait for the Game. :D

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#42 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:48 pm

In the teaser I saw the hero throwing a dagger in Plaza near fountain and the dagger seems to disappear somewhere.
Will the dagger be lost after I throw it, or will it be like in QG3, when I leave the room he will retrieve all daggers he throwed away or do I have to buy another throwing daggers? :rolleyes

And when will Quest for Glory 2 VGA forum open?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#43 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:13 pm

The QFG2VGA forum will open when the game goes gold.

As for daggers, no, if you leave the screen, you'll lose them. Usually, after tossing daggers, you can retrieve them by clicking the hand icon on the ground.

ejx982
Peasant Status

#44 Post by ejx982 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:54 pm

Loose your daggers?  Hmm, I remember in QFG2EGA, I could throw a dagger, run around, and if I came back to the same screen, I could STILL get my dagger.  Same for dropping it.  Will it be the same way as before, or do I just need to get my daggers before I leave?

ejx982

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#45 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:56 pm

In the remake, you'll have to collect them before you leave, or you'll lose them. Though, if you toss a dagger and it hits your own body, the dagger automatically gets added back to your inventory.

johniemi
Peasant Status

#46 Post by johniemi » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:21 am

I can't view the video. Tried uninstalling and re-installing Macromedia flash player.

Maybe someone could re-encode the video into an .avi or .mpg file?

-John

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#47 Post by Fribbi » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:51 pm

The QFG2VGA forum will open when the game goes gold.
Are the game then now in bronze or silver? :rollin
As for daggers, no, if you leave the screen, you'll lose them. Usually, after tossing daggers, you can retrieve them by clicking the hand icon on the ground.
I don't like that idea about loosing the dagger the hero  "Devon" toss it away, because people could forgot to pick it up, but does this means I just need to touch the ground but nothing else to get the dagger? But ok I can understand the idea about that.  

I have a greater idea. What if you can retrieve all of  the tossed daggers after you leave the room in the easy mode  and loose the dagers in the hard mode if you have tossed all the daggers instead so you can add more hard challanges in hard mode ?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#48 Post by Erpy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:48 pm

The difficulty slider in the game only applies to arcade sequences. (the only sequences where this is really noticable are the battles you fight, although it makes a subtle difference in rope walking too)

I don't think it's also going to influence how much the game holds the player's hand during usual gameplay. If a player tosses daggers around and forgets to pick them up...well, shucks for him. He can usually buy new ones anyhow. Losing a couple of daggers is usually the best lesson to think about picking them up before walking away. In the original game, you also had to retrieve daggers manually instead of them automatically being taken again as you walked away.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#49 Post by Fribbi » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:38 pm

In the original game, you also had to retrieve daggers manually instead of them automatically being taken again as you walked away.
...and that idea about loosing the daggers was then changed in QG3. ;)  But ok I got it. I understand you perfectly.  :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#50 Post by Erpy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:28 am

It got changed in QFG3 because QFG3 used an overhead map instead of separate screens for the Savannah and jungle, so once you'd leave that particular scene, it'd be impossible to return to the exact spot and get your stuff back.