Al Emmo Demo Released

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Broomie
The Enigma

Al Emmo Demo Released

#1 Post by Broomie » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:14 am

Adventure Gamers has exclusively released the Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine demo! Be sure to download it at Adventure Gamers At midnight tonight, the official Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine website, beautifully designed by the talented Eriq Chang, will be launched! The Himalaya Store is also open for pre-orders!
So yeah, Al Emmo has been released and I'm downloading it right now!

Download the demo from www.adventuregamers.com

Looks good though, can't wait to play it.

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#2 Post by Milan Easton » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:29 am

Thanks for posting this, Broomie!  I'll throw in a bit of additional information to suppliment what you've already posted!

I just wanted to let you all know, that the Al Emmo demo has been released for your adventure gaming pleasure! You can find it at the following link:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,647/

Additionally, tonight is the launch date of the official Al Emmo website! You will not want to miss this. It was designed by the fabulously talented Eriq Chang, who also is responsible for designing the Al Emmo coverart, goodies, and some in game concepts. You can prepare for the site's launch by bookmarking and refreshing the following page:

http://www.alemmo.com

We've also opened the store for pre-ordering. The first one hundred people to preorder the game will receive goodies with their purchase (you'll have to act fast, because they're selling like hotcakes), like the types you found in game boxes in the 80s and 90s! Additionally, anyone who purchases the game early has the chance of winning other goodies like the game soundtrack, handsigned artwork, and more! The shop is available at:

https://shop.himalayaforums.com

For those who do not know about Al Emmo, I'll post a brief overview of the game below:

"Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine" is a classic-style graphical adventure game for the PC. In pursuit of unrequited love and inconceivable fortune, a feeble, middle-aged easterner named Al Emmo embarks on a perilous journey into the untamed desert valley of Anozira. Unprepared for the harsh elements (and even harsher residents) that await him, Al's only respite comes in the form of a beautiful local woman, Rita Peralto, who is also the object of every other man's affections. Al soon discovers that Rita is inexplicably linked to a centuries-old mystery involving an ancient gold mine--the location of which has been lost to the ages! There are also rumours of a horrific curse lingering within the mine's dank depths, waiting to lay claim to any mortal foolish enough to venture inside in search of its riches...

With imaginative and memorable characters, laugh-out-loud dialogue, a captivating storyline, and a breathtaking illustrated world, "Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine" will enchant anyone longing for an adventure game reminiscent of the celebrated classics of yesteryear."

The game includes a lot of great features like:

-critically acclaimed voice acting
-fully lip synched dialogue
-thousands of lines of dialogue
-an enticing, in-depth storyline
-3D cutscenes
-ingame comic book style cutscenes
-over 130 hand painted, high resolution backgrounds
-over 25 characters, with detailed dialogue portraits
-critically acclaimed soundtrack with dynamically changing music for a unique gaming experience each and every time
-very interactive environments, with narrated descriptions for nearly everything in the game!
-laugh-out-loud, humorous dialogue
-and much, MUCH more!

If you check out the reviews from journalists and from beta testers, you'll see that the game has been very well received! And, you can try out the demo for yourself today to get a basic feel for the game. Also, feel free to join Al Emmo's myspace friends list at:

www.myspace.com/alemmo

This is your chance to prove to publishers that WE STILL WANT ADVENTURE GAMES...and, to of course, play an awesome, original, classic style adventure game.  Relive those wonderful years back in the 80s and 90s, but in an entirely new way!!!  This is YOUR CHANCE to support our work, and stand up for a cause you believe in!

Thanks guys, and happy adventure gaming!

Anonymous Game Developer #1

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:47 am

Whoohoo!! I've pre-ordered!!

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#4 Post by Vildern » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:06 am

Look good, downloading it!

Problem is that there are 20 people downloading it ahead of me, so I have to wait....  :p

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:19 am

Is that on the FTP Vil? If so try the torrent file. I'll start seeding it so it'll go fater for everyone.

EDIT: Ok I'm seeding the demo at maximum bandwidth (30+Kbs)

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#6 Post by Vildern » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:48 am

I'd have tried bittorrent, but it doesn't work on my computer...  :cry
So, I must get it from the ftp. Problem is, there is a queue :p

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#7 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:54 am

Use µTorrent. It's probably the best bit-torrent client out there.

http://www.utorrent.com

Save the torrent link to your computer by right clicking the torrent link and choosing "Save As".

Then fire up µTorrent. From the "File" menu, choose "Add File". Then simply locate the .torrent file you just downloaded to your hard drive. It'll ask you to select a directory to save the file. Select one, press OK and that's all there is to it.

Now all you need to do is wait for the file to finish downloading. Easy!

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#8 Post by Vildern » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:11 am

Hey, thanks a bunch!

This is the first bittorrent-program that seems to work on my computer and not crash! And it's downloading really fast, too: started at 35.6 and now it's 59.7 kb/s!!  (even 79.1 kb/s at times!) :D

I cannot wait to play it. At this rate, I think I'll have it in less than an hour.

EDIT: Well, I celebrated too early, this one crashes too, but at least it restarts itself and quickly resumes the download, so it's not too bad.

Lordrasson
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Lordrasson » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:11 am

it will be a long wait to play the rest of the game the demo is great!

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by Pidgeot » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:11 pm

I'll be trying it out tonight. Looking forward to it!

EDIT: Order for Collector's Edition sent ;)
Last edited by Pidgeot on Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#11 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:39 pm

Lol, just got home and I've uploaded over 1GB of demo!!

EDIT: 2GB so far!!

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#12 Post by Music Head » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:02 pm

I have to wait 11 hours  :(, damn dial up.

OMG Website is kickass!!!

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#13 Post by Spikey » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:04 pm

Won't you accept credit cards?

Spikes

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#14 Post by Pidgeot » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:22 pm

I don't think they have the resources to accept credit cards on their own, so you'll have to go through Paypal (Paypal, however, *does* accept credit cards).

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#15 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:03 pm

Yes... it's pretty much what Pidgeot said. It costs a lot of money to set up a system to accept credit cards. Then they start taking a percentage of each transaction plus a monthly fee. We did look into it though. We are keeping it open as an option in the future.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#16 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:41 pm

Whoohoo demo torrent is still going strong, I personally have uploaded over 5GB of demo so far!!

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#17 Post by Spikey » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:42 pm

I can't use PayPal any longer I'm afraid.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#18 Post by Music Head » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:46 pm

Just finished the demo great stuff, addicting enough to play through all in one sitting. I was a bit put off at first by the 3d effect and Als voice. But both really grow on ya. The narrator is halarious. I'm goign through atm lookign for easter eggs. Found two main ones so far.

[spoiler]Train station clock tells actually time set on ur pc.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Singing in the rain parody when talkign to lamp post XD[/spoiler]

The art work, music and jokes are all exceptional. It's also cool that there's a humerous response for pretty much everthing. I'll be nagging my parents for the next two weeks to buy this for me. :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#19 Post by Erpy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:48 pm

It depends on what you call "easter eggs". If an easter egg is a pop-culture reference, for instance, there's tons of them.

[spoiler]Try clicking the talk cursor on the clock for example.[/spoiler]

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#20 Post by Music Head » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:51 pm

Oh yeah I got that one aswell XD. Pretty much went round talkign to everything.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#21 Post by Da_elf » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:13 pm

downloaded the demo. really nice game. the cut scenes would be the only place i can find faults with. the rest is great. love the vices especially the narator with his classic sarcasm

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#22 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:33 am

Whoa! So far I have uploaded 10.5GB of Demo which means I have personally shared the demo to 45 other people!!