This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#1 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:17 am

Well, Spikey started a thread about nicknames, I thought I'd start one about avatars. We had a thread like this way back I think, but times change and so do avatars and I'd like to know the story behind others' avatars here nowadays...

Mine is of my favourite composer, guitarist, musician, virtuoso and initial inspiration Mike Oldfield. In this pic he's playing at his Tubular Bells II concert in Edinburgh in 1992. I think it best depicts his style and passion for the music he plays.

So what about you?

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#2 Post by Spikey » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:50 am

This avatar is the unit Geoffrey (JP: Geoffray) from Fire Emblem IX: Path of Radiance by Nintendo, for the Gamecube. I'm a big Fire Emblem fan.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:10 am

Mine is of my favourite little Doggy Hank "The Tank" Brimhall!!!

My sig pics usually have my fave films in it such as Spiderman, Terminator and most often Neo from the Matrix.

Before Hank I had had a pic of Angelus.

Broomie
The Enigma

#4 Post by Broomie » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:50 am

Well I've changed it to the Black Holes and Revelations album cover from Muse, yet that crazy doctor was from Robot Chicken.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:05 am

Quest For Glory Fan (as discussed in the other thread) has the Quest For Glory Hero.... I was thinking of making a "Currently playing:" sig but when I signed in to do it Angelus just put his own up and I didn't want to be a copier haha.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Brainiac » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:40 am

Yeah, I remember an old discussion about the nature of our avatars.  Anyways, mine has always been the Glide Spell icon from Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire.  That's right, the spell was initially coded into the game; it was disabled later in development.  I use it because it reflects my desire to always get the most out of my games, my perfectionist nature, and my passion for mythology (c'mon, you can't tell me winged feet doesn't make you think of certain Greek myths).

jpnuar1
Knight Status

#7 Post by jpnuar1 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:13 pm

Mine is the pic from "Green Phantom King", a card from the original booster pack of the YuGiOh! TCG. Although it's completely useless in the actual game, it is one of the (now) few cards that actually has flavor text... I also use it as my signature card/good luck charm, when I play competetively.

Bump on a Log
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Bump on a Log » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:05 am

Well mine, along with my name, are pretty self explanitary :D.  I thought since I was going to sign up on a Kings Quest site, I should have a somewhat original Kings Quest related name and Avatar.

The Stick-in-the-Mud and Bump-on-a-Log scene in KQ VI is probably my favorite part of the whole series, and you gotta love the picture of Bump-on-a-Log throwing Rotten-Tomato :lol

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#9 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:44 pm

I can't explain about my odd avatars images because I never use the same avatar image months after months. But maybe that will explain for you why I am always not normal here around. :o

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:42 am

Mine is of English/Japanese singing sar Hikaru Utada shes not so popular in america but some of you have heard  her in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
http://www.kingdom-hearts.com/uk/index.html
http://na.square-enix.com/games/kingdomhearts/kh2/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikaru_Utada

Omega Supreme
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Omega Supreme » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:48 pm

Mine's pretty self-explanatory, it's Omega Supreme from the old Transformers show.  I always loved that cartoon!

The Avatar
Knight Status

#12 Post by The Avatar » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:29 am

Hmm.. My Avatar....  <looks>

Yeah, that's a picture of me.  I actually took that on my birthday, in June of 2002 I believe.  I was dressed up like Robin Hood, for a fun dinner at Medieval Times.  I hope to get a new picture soon to better represent who I am today.  4 years ago won't cut it anymore, i need a new pic! :)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#13 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:30 am

My avatar is The Hero from QFG1, painted to look like The Villain from QFI!

Bt

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#14 Post by FatherGhostface » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:00 am

I made mine myself using an animating program. It's nothing that cool.