Testing Phase

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

ejx982
Peasant Status

Testing Phase

#1 Post by ejx982 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:56 am

I've been paying relative close atention to the forums, and I had hoped to do some testing, but I guess that the polls have closed.  I'm curious however to see how many Phases testing will be.  If I remember, it was decided that by having different phases of testing: "Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Alpha 3", then progress to Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, each of them introducing more fresh people into the mix to look for new bugs.  I'm wondering if this is still going to be done, if they need testers, or if it's good.

ejx982

Dragonrose
Peasant Status

#2 Post by Dragonrose » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:50 pm

Alpha testing is in-house, in other words it's just the team that does it.

Beta testing is when they call in other folks. At least that's the way I understand it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:22 pm

True. Alpha versions aren't available to outside testers. Beta versions will be, but we're not at that point yet.

Alliance
Knight Status

#4 Post by Alliance » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:46 pm

In this case, I would sure love to be a beta tester!
(Now if only I could get my school grades up to get my computer privaleges back...)

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#5 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:44 pm

Alliance wrote:(Now if only I could get my school grades up to get my computer privaleges back...)
*Wonders how Alliance is posting this message without computer priveledges...*

As an update, they are currently working on some issues with the bargaining system. Lots of code adjustments. Should be a lot more user friendly when it's all said and done though.

ejx982
Peasant Status

#6 Post by ejx982 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:30 pm

Dragonrose wrote:Alpha testing is in-house, in other words it's just the team that does it.  Beta testing is when they call in other folks. At least that's the way I understand it.
Right! I remember now. Alpha testing was going to be inhouse, and when they were ready for Beta testers a thread would be opened & applicants selected. These would be then be put in different groups that would represent  different phases... I remember now.

Well, Alpha testing is a very, very good step.  It means the game is pretty much done.  Lets hope that by the holidays beta testing has begun.

ejx982

TerranRich
Peasant Status

#7 Post by TerranRich » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:04 am

ejx982 wrote:
Dragonrose wrote:Alpha testing is in-house, in other words it's just the team that does it.  Beta testing is when they call in other folks. At least that's the way I understand it.
Right! I remember now. Alpha testing was going to be inhouse, and when they were ready for Beta testers a thread would be opened & applicants selected. These would be then be put in different groups that would represent  different phases... I remember now.

Well, Alpha testing is a very, very good step.  It means the game is pretty much done.  Lets hope that by the holidays beta testing has begun.

ejx982
Here's hoping there's no gamma testing!

http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial ... Dictionary

;)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:23 pm

TerranRich wrote: Here's hoping there's no gamma testing!

http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial ... Dictionary

;)
What???  Gamma testing isn't THAT bad.........

Bt