Playstation 3

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

Playstation 3

#1 Post by BrianR » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:52 pm

Hi,
I wanna sell my PS3 on ebays UK site since they are not getting much here in the states.  Is there anything I should include in the listing that is important to UK buyers...like power supply?  

Anyone want a PS3 =)?

JWar
Knight Status

#2 Post by JWar » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Sure thing. What are you willing to sell it for?

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by BrianR » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:24 pm

Not sure what it is worth.

Here is my ebay auction number... 180056638543

Could some one please search for the listing title.  I can not search for it.  I live in America and I was trying to list it on the UK ebay site.  For some reason when I do a search at ebay.com/uk I can not find it.

Anyone?

Thanks

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Comes up ok for me at ebay.co.uk

Its against Ebay rules though to sell PS3's to europe before Feburary so your listing will probably be removed soon enough.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by BrianR » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:12 pm

Thanks for searching for it.  I can now see it too.

Really?  I did not see it in the rules.  I say some go three days and the winning bidder was a European.  Maybe other countries can sell them to Europe but European ebay members can not list them?  Well I hope it sells soon then lol.

Edit:
Looks like what you said is true.  However, look at this ebay auction 280053654395

He somehow got away with it.
And there are 67+ pther people with ps3 up.

Well if this ebay thing does not work out.  I will sell my ps3 to any of you for $950 American.  Anyone?

JWar
Knight Status

#6 Post by JWar » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:36 pm

That sounds like you want to scam us. Why not sell for the amount you paid for it, it's second hand now? According to wikipedia, the PS3 is selling for $599 max.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#7 Post by Kurdt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:38 am

Yeah man, that's pretty ridiculous. If you wanna run that kind of scam, I'd set it up on eBay and sell it in America. There's still an extreme shortage over here, you know.

Besides, why did you buy it if you don't want it? Did you get peanut butter in it or something? I mean, you could at least try and make the scam a little less obvious.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by BrianR » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:00 am

First of all you are right that it is selling for 599 in the states.   On ebay it is selling from 700-1000.  In the UK sometimes more.

Scam?  How is this a scam?  Use paypal and it is safe and fast.

Come on.  What is wrong with a little free enterprise?  Thousands of poor college kids like me are just trying to make a few bucks on the side.  We are providing a service to people that are not willing to wait in-line for this item.  It is not like I am selling something that people NEED like food or water to make millions.   Its a game system, if someone wants it and does not want to wait they go to ebay and get one.

It's funny how people complain about this but they do not complain when this is the heart of all companies...profit.  Do we bitch if gas station is selling its candy bar for %150...NO.

This is simple Supply and Demand.  Don't hate me just because I have the supply.  It's not like anyone needs this item.

Edit: Further more I am not hurting anyone.  As long as the consumer is informed it is a win win situation.  I sold 7 nintendo wii and all my customers on ebay were happy with there purchase even though they spend $150 more than what I bought it for, they got what they wanted, when they wanted and how they wanted.  Win Win

If you get a rare coin you always wanted even though you spent 2x the amount that the seller paid does it matter? Do you hate all profit makers?

If you are gunna bash me...then bash all profit making companies while you are at it.

JWar
Knight Status

#9 Post by JWar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:58 am

* bashes all profit companies *

The difference is you pretended to just want to sell it. Sell it to me for a price that's interesting to me, the buyer, and we'll have a deal.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by BrianR » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:38 pm

That's retarded.  How am I pretending?

No, I want to sell if for as much as I can get.  Buyers do not set price.  Nor do sellers set price....The market, supply and demand, sets the price.  I think its worth between 700-1,000.  I do not know what the market is set at.  If ebay is the market, then its closer to 700.  However, in some places it is higher, such as Europe.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#11 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:28 pm

How about we just not use the AGDI forums for selling PS3s.

Closed.