Rank the QFG games.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#26 Post by Gronagor » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:30 am

They're waiting for QfG2VGA before they continue the journey. Hardcore AGDI fans it seems.  :p

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#27 Post by Vildern » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:06 am

Gronagor wrote:They're waiting for QfG2VGA before they continue the journey. Hardcore AGDI fans it seems.  :p
Yeah, that seems reasonable. Why, aren't you gonna be a successful psychologist someday...  :p

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#28 Post by Gronagor » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:38 am

Vildern wrote:Yeah, that seems reasonable. Why, aren't you gonna be a successful psychologist someday...  :p
Actually did Psychology for 3 years, but I messed up two patient files in the practicals, which led to the wrong patient being locked away for psychotic behaviour. The treatment worked well, and the guy finally made peace with the fact that he's a psychotic killer. So... we had two psychotic killers in the end. Oh well.  Those psychiatrists are mean to psychologist wannabes.  :p Kidding... really!

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#29 Post by BrianR » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:14 pm

I am have played all 4.  I am waiting for 2 to be redone before I relive these games.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#30 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:19 pm

You'll find theres actually 5 and not 4. You'll also see for a more concrete number of who likes what you can check out my poll that's over a year old with 70 votes. viewtopic.php?t=8432&start=50

Dasilva
Peasant Status

#31 Post by Dasilva » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:28 pm

Quest for Glory 3 & 4 I consider the same game, I thought of it as one very long game since its ment to continue right after each other. Erana is one of my favourite characters of all time, not only in the Quest for Glory Universe.

QFG 3 & 4
QFG 5
QFG 2
QFG 1 VGA
QFG 1 EGA

And I dont hate any of the games, nor do I think the ones I listed are better because of the graphics, but its about the game as if it were a book. :)

Katalia
Peasant Status

#32 Post by Katalia » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:57 pm

Hey there, long time lurker, first time poster..

Finally felt brave enough to say something, heh.  :D

Now, to rating:

QFG IV
QFG III
QFG II
QFG I (VGA)

QFG IV - I loved the voice acting, and enjoyed the overall atmosphere of this game. Also enjoyed the multitude of activities for the paladin, and the part for the wizard. My favourite, despite the bugs...

QFG III - I rather liked the story of this, although the initation bug was evil. Was also rather disappointed about the lack of jobs for the thief... I'd put this about equal with QFG II.

QFG II - Good storyline, challenging, interesting and overall enjoyable. For me though it was slightly spoilt by the text parser. I struggle somewhat with these and have therefore never played much of QFG I EGA.

QFG I - Apart from the main quests and a couple of thief jobs not a lot going on really, which meant many days of simply building up stats.
A useful thing perhaps, but a little boring.

QFG V - Noticeably not there, as I've never played it... But shall be getting it for my birthday, so I guess I'll wait and see.  :)

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#33 Post by arganite » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:23 am

I finally finished number 4 today, and started 5. All I can say is:

QFG1 VGA - I love this game.
QFG4 - I got all the patches for it before playing - bug free play for me :D
QFG2 - Always fun :)
QFG3 - Not a bad play at all. Easy honor points.
QFG1 EGA - I dont like the graphics at all :(
QFG5 - Two Roman warriors could almost kill my Hero who I imported from QFG4 (And edited to have 400 for each stats - not very Paladin like).

QFG1 VGA just has a nice atmosphere and feeling to it.

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

#34 Post by johnb4467 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:03 am

gamecreator wrote:QfG4

It's interesting that so many people seem to really like QfG4, despite the bugs.  That teaches us something.
And I'll post again when I figure out what.   ;)
Well, I think most of us are basing our love of QG4 off of its final, CD --> and [mostly] bug-fixed -- version. When I first played QG4 when it was released (I had it delivered straight from Sierra the day it was released), I couldn't enjoy the darn thing for however long it took for all the patches to be released. Even then it took a while, as I was bitter at the whole patch process -- apply the patch...start OVER (since saved games were often affected)...things like that just killed the otherwise-wonderful story.

After a number of years, and after upgrading to the CD version, I found myself really, really enjoying the game, as I was able to take it in fresh and enjoy the story in the linear fashion it's meant to be played (as opposed to having to keep starting over due to bugs).

As great as the story is, however, I don't think QG2 is that far off. It had fairly diverse paths (depending on your class)...the characters were very memorable, and the setting was great. I say QG4 is my favorite, but in actuality I've played through QG2 many, many more times.

(and considering I'm listening to the Interview with a Vampire soundtrack right now...maybe that gives you a hint as to why I like QG4 so much. ;)  )

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#35 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:22 am

*changes tape in Johnb's car.* "Oh Louie Louie Louie, I've had to listen to you drone on for over a century."

on a different note I'm almost ready to play QFG 3 start to finish. despite my namesake I've only beaten numbers 1 and 5 due to the general glitchyness of the series but that doesn't make me like them any less. These are quality games.

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#36 Post by arganite » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:27 am

johnb4467 wrote:
gamecreator wrote:QfG4

It's interesting that so many people seem to really like QfG4, despite the bugs.  That teaches us something.
And I'll post again when I figure out what.   ;)
Well, I think most of us are basing our love of QG4 off of its final, CD --> and [mostly] bug-fixed -- version. When I first played QG4 when it was released (I had it delivered straight from Sierra the day it was released), I couldn't enjoy the darn thing for however long it took for all the patches to be released. Even then it took a while, as I was bitter at the whole patch process -- apply the patch...start OVER (since saved games were often affected)...things like that just killed the otherwise-wonderful story.

After a number of years, and after upgrading to the CD version, I found myself really, really enjoying the game, as I was able to take it in fresh and enjoy the story in the linear fashion it's meant to be played (as opposed to having to keep starting over due to bugs).

As great as the story is, however, I don't think QG2 is that far off. It had fairly diverse paths (depending on your class)...the characters were very memorable, and the setting was great. I say QG4 is my favorite, but in actuality I've played through QG2 many, many more times.

(and considering I'm listening to the Interview with a Vampire soundtrack right now...maybe that gives you a hint as to why I like QG4 so much. ;)  )
I also loved how in QFG4 it starts off as being really unfriendly towards you, and the Burgomeister keeps saying "You again? I thought you would be dead by now". Then when you start doing good deeds (I played as a Paladin), the town begins to love you. Damn good game :)

Draiden
Peasant Status

Rank the QfG Games

#37 Post by Draiden » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:30 am

;)

In This Order:

1. QfG IV: SoD
2. QfG V: Df

...namely b/c those are the only two I've ever been able to play! =P

This will probably change when AGDI's remake of QfG II comes out =D (It will likely take the #2 spot!)

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#38 Post by Kurdt » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:15 am

Katalia wrote:Hey there, long time lurker, first time poster..
Hey, an LTL/FTP. Welcome, kinda! :D

Katalia
Peasant Status

#39 Post by Katalia » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:13 pm

Heh, thanks  :)
I'm usually like this on many forums.. and knowing me, will probably go back to lurking again pretty quickly...