WIT sponsor

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

adeyke

#26 Post by adeyke » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:29 am

It doesn't know the word "Katrina."  Since the character would have no way of knowing about her, it makes sense that he can't ask for her.

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#27 Post by Vroomfondel » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:00 pm

I believe there is a way to get a response if you ask for the Dark Master to be your sponsor (I know that I've gotten a response before), but I forget the exact wording I used.

-Vroom

adeyke

#28 Post by adeyke » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:56 am

QfG2's resource files don't have any response to such a request, so you just imagined it.

Gumba Masta
Peasant Status

#29 Post by Gumba Masta » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:07 pm

Gronagor wrote:Heh. For a nice easteregg you could include one of the modern famous 'magicians'. Hehe!
Like Siegfried and Roy?
But Penn & Teller would fit too, especialy since they always say how Houdini is their big inspiration.

Shade
Peasant Status

#30 Post by Shade » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:19 am

Kurdt wrote:I think there actually is something somewhere that's canon besides an interview with Lori that actually talks about her being expelled from WIT.
I remember that interview with Lori Cole.  She said that in Katrina's backstory she had used dark magic to battle a demon sent against WIT and the High-ups kicked her out.

ejx982
Peasant Status

#31 Post by ejx982 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:45 am

If I remember correctly possible answers were:

Erana - We have been unable to contact her for some time.
Zara - I know of him, but I only sold him a few spells.
Merlin - ?
Houdini - ?
Aziza - ?
Katrina - ?

I would be nice to add Siegfried & Roy, and David Copperfield... like "Copperfield will NOT DO until her returns are monument!!".  Or "We are scared of tigers or something"

Thepal
Knight Status

#32 Post by Thepal » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:31 am

Let's see.... *searches Cole Chat Log folder on hard drive*

[Rahul] So Lori and Corey - I meant to ask you guys some background on Katrina. Will much be revealed in Dragon Fire? Ie how she turned to evil? How she became the Dark master anda vampire. I would sure love to know the story.
[lori] You won't get much of Katrina's background. She doesn't talk about the past very much.
[Rahul] Then could you enlighten us a little here? please?
[Corey] I think there are a fair number of hints about her past here and there in QG4.
[Rahul] QFG4 did talk a lot about her suffering and all
[Rahul] But from what? Why was she banished from WIT?
[Corey] Lori, you want to talk about Katrina's backstory?
[Chixdiggit] Methinks Lori makes this up as she goes along. :)
[lori] Katrina was banished from WIT because 1) she refused to stay the years they wanted her to and 2) she sought after magic that was forbidden
[Corey] The fact that she was better than any of them didn't make her too popular either, especially since she became Archmage in record time.
[Rahul] And how did she become a vampire? From whom?
[Nowood] Probably from another vampire.
[lori] The magic of the Vampire was one of the avenues of Forbidden Magic.
[lori] It was her ticket to eternal life, or so she thought. She hated death.
[Rahul] Something happen in her past to make her hate death so much?
[Rahul] Interesting. So she herself went seeking a vampire?
[PaladinCBF] You can use a detect dark magic spell to find either Baba yaga, Avoozl, Iblis, a Demon, or a Vampire
[Rahul] heh heh CBF. Maybe there was even a Detect Dark Master spell?
[lori] Katrina did seek out a Vampire. He became her master for a while, and she hated being a slave. So like Ad Avis, she continually sought to destroy her master.
[Rahul] Did she finally manage to destroy him? Or else, how did see escape from his bondage?
[PaladinCBF] she couldn't destroy him, it would kill her
[lori] Katrina was born very poor and very beautiful. She learned early that beauty gave her power, and she used all the power she could. More than death, she hated being weak and powerless.
[lori] Death and aging took away her beauty, and she didn't want to lose any power.
[Rahul] Thanks Lori! That info was good to learn

Hmm... I'm sure I had more than that about Katrina...

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#33 Post by Senor Matt » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:07 pm

Gumba Masta wrote:
Gronagor wrote:Heh. For a nice easteregg you could include one of the modern famous 'magicians'. Hehe!
Like Siegfried and Roy?
But Penn & Teller would fit too, especialy since they always say how Houdini is their big inspiration.
I would also like to petition that the AGD's put in a couple of modern magicians as possible requests that get rejected.  I for one would love to be able to ask for David Blaine. But Penn & Teller would be cool as well.

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

Derren Brown?

#34 Post by Jontas » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:16 am

Does anybody here know Derren Brown?
He would be perfect too.

I personally think he's the best in the world, I mean the russian roulette thing was just phenominal.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#35 Post by Gronagor » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:53 am

Man... Katrina's background would make a nice novel series. :)

Draco62
Royal Servant Status

WIT

#36 Post by Draco62 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:22 pm

Not sure I care much for any changes other then adding the two liontore mages you come in contact with in the later games. Kreesha and Shacra I believe do not quote me it has been a long time since I played the games.

Erana - We have been unable to contact her for some time.
Zara - I know of him, but I only sold him a few spells.
Merlin - Too buisy (not sure)
Houdini - He is a bit tied up at the moment
Aziza - I would haf to spend many years of study before (something like that)
Katrina/ Dark master- never speek that name here again!
Ad Avis- I am not interested in an aprentase.
I also heard about the old idea of an expantion pack to QFGII once to me I think that QFGIII does the job and probably evolved out of that idea anyway.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#37 Post by Kurdt » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:17 am

When you request Merlin he says he doesn't know who you are and refuses you.

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#38 Post by Boogeyman » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:14 am

Draco62, it's Shakra, not Shacra.

Draco62
Royal Servant Status

#39 Post by Draco62 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:43 pm

Thanks it has been along time and when writing I could not find the proper spelling I thank you for the correction.

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#40 Post by DonQuixote » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:34 pm

I've personally never felt unsatisfied with the WIT sequence at all.  It got really short once I knew what I was doing, that's about it.

It has all the magic users you've encountered thus far as an option, even ones only eluded to, and a couple thrown in for the heck of it.  I don't think it would be as funny if there were an equal amount of joke requests as serious ones.

Aperama
Peasant Status

#41 Post by Aperama » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:28 pm

Senor Matt wrote:
Gumba Masta wrote:
Like Siegfried and Roy?
I would also like to petition that the AGD's put in a couple of modern magicians as possible requests that get rejected.  I for one would love to be able to ask for David Blaine. But Penn & Teller would be cool as well.
Everyone knows that David Blaine's magics are evil, and not to be considered by such a legitimate organisation as the WIT. If you think back to his epic battle with Jesus, you'd realise that his movements into the occult are far too personalised (and advanced) for the possibility of his inclusion.

But he might make for a good easter egg. ;)