The truth about qg2 VGA

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Endureth
Peasant Status

The truth about qg2 VGA

#1 Post by Endureth » Sun May 27, 2007 12:44 am

Ok guys, lets be real and honest here. U5 Lazarus, Kings Quest 3, 2, 1 all made it to completeion in the fan remake arena. None of them if I recall to 7 years to finish. Most fan remake projects that kept dragging on with updates few and far in between eventually die. What I am trying to say is if we need to face the fact that qg2 VGA is gonna go down in the project has been cancelled book. I know that it is disapointing to many Quest for Glory fans. I was also upset when Ultima I remake, Ultima 7 remake, and many others got cancelled as well as I will be when QG2 VGA get the boot. Trail by Fire if any game deserves a remake more than any other game in history. I am confedent that one day someone will remake a QFG 2 remake to completion.

You guys have to keep in mind that things change in peoples life as I believe the reason QFG 2 VGA isn't finished yet is because the developers just don't have the time anymore. 7 years people have been coming to this site and for awhile there were frequent updates and alot of excitement, but now very veryu very rarley do we hear anything. I am not upset at ADGI for they have remade some awesome games and foir that I am thankful. I also understand if they can't finish QFG2 VGA even though they tried. Sometimes life gets in the way.

In closing I just see alot of people giving thier hopes up for something I believe will be "offically" cancel soon. I feel alot of people who are going to experience what def leapord said in an old song Heading for a Heartbreak. ( and no I am not a Def Leapord fan).

Anyways ADGI great effort and thanks for trying.

TribeHasSpoken
Peasant Status

#2 Post by TribeHasSpoken » Sun May 27, 2007 12:56 am

I find it very strange that you talk about "truth" and "fact" when your argument is based entirely on speculation and the assumption that no announcements somehow equates to insufficient progress.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#3 Post by Swift » Sun May 27, 2007 1:13 am

Endureth, you do realise that a game like QFG2VGA is far more complex than any KQ game and therefore will take up more time to develop and test before it can be released? Or that QFG2VGA is close to reaching beta soon? Or that the AGDs have an impressive track record so far? You still think they'll cancel?

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#4 Post by Paladinlover » Sun May 27, 2007 1:13 am

It will come out... and soon.

Till next time stay cool :smokin

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#5 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun May 27, 2007 3:51 am

Edureth: Do you realize that three out of your four posts here are along the lines of "If AGDI doesn't finish QFG2VGA..."?

Think positive instead of resigning yourself to the worst case scenario, because soon enough these posts of yours containing supposed facts are going to stand-out in stark contrast to the real truth of the situation.

By the way, if this was an attempt at reverse psychology, then I'm afraid that's not going to work to make the game released faster. We have only a limited number of people working on it at a steady pace. If anything, reverse psychology attempts are counter-productive as any kind of pressure to release faster causes work to be rushed and bugs to appear in games (i.e. QFG4).

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by MacGyver » Sun May 27, 2007 4:26 am

I have strong confidence that the game will be completed and released. Just hope there'll be more updates, or release the Alpha/Beta versions so that more people could try the game and provide feedback on bugs.

standgale
Peasant Status

#7 Post by standgale » Sun May 27, 2007 5:14 am

for me, it seems suspicious that their "frequently updated" designer journals page that they suggest you check has not been updated in over 4 months. I think this either means it isn't happening, at all, ever, or they will suddenly update next week making this concern look silly after all.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#8 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:48 am

I'd suggest checking the forums for updates, since that's where they've been posted recently.

And silliness will be an understatment when you see what we currently have in store at AGDI. Yeah, things have been quiet since 2002, but 2007 is shaping up to be our biggest and best year yet.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#9 Post by Angelus3K » Sun May 27, 2007 10:13 am

Being a forum moderator and not someone actually on the team I suppose I'm kind a "bridge" in that while I'm Joe Public same as you guys I get to have a sneeky peeky behind the scenes.

And as Joe Public, I can CONFIRM that QFG2VGA has not and will not be cancelled and is going at a steady if not fantastic rate considering these guys are pouring their heart and souls into a free game.

It WILL be released as always when its DONE. QFG2 is one of the biggest games any group could have chosen to remake.

Whatever you guys may think, AGDI is not about to throw away 7 years of work. You should know based on their reputation that these guys are dedicated to reaching their goals and will do so by any means neccessary to do it with the utmost perfection.

So hold on to your seats and calm down dear. QFG2VGA is coming...

haradan
Knight Status

#10 Post by haradan » Sun May 27, 2007 6:43 pm

Every few months the same topic appears. People know better. I strongly suggest we ignore this kind of threads, they are pointless.

No offense, Endureth, but what do you expect to accomplish by posting the same, boring "I know the truth. QFG2 is not going to happen"? It's not like AGDI is getting any benefit for keeping fans hooked with no reason. If anything, they have shown professionalism over the years and I'm quite sure they would not delay an announcement if they found out that they couldn't keep with the game.

So if you expect to accomplish anything, then enlighten me, please.
By the way, if this was an attempt at reverse psychology, then I'm afraid that's not going to work to make the game released faster.
Reverse psychology? Right. If it was, indeed, it was a pathetic attempt.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#11 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:54 pm

This discussion AGAIN?

Look... the game is coming.  Take a valium and watch Starship Troopers.

Bt

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#12 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:55 pm

Take a valium and watch Starship Troopers.
Yikes! That sounds like a dangerous combination, if ever there was one!  :D

standgale
Peasant Status

#13 Post by standgale » Sun May 27, 2007 9:00 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:I'd suggest checking the forums for updates, since that's where they've been posted recently.

And silliness will be an understatment when you see what we currently have in store at AGDI. Yeah, things have been quiet since 2002, but 2007 is shaping up to be our biggest and best year yet.
I'd suggest either putting updates on the website or making a note to indicate that the forum is the place to look since I generally do not look at forums and have already checked the suggested, frequently updated, page 3 times in the last 2 months before thinking to start trawling the forum instead. I just think that would be useful for interested people who go to the website to know that something is happening, regardless of what happens on these forums.
Of course, now that I've found my disks for the original I may not need a new version so long as I can get it to install and run (last old game I decided to replay took me all afternoon to get going) - I just woke up one day a few months ago desperately wanting to play it after not thinking about it for years, so it is all a bit bizarre. :) However, I am torn, the redone version sounds cool, but do I really care for a new version - should I just go old school and stick with the original? Such a dilemma.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#14 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon May 28, 2007 3:55 am

Regardless of whether there are updates or not, things are happening behind the scenes. Whether particular people believe that the game will be released or not is irrellevant. Because word will spread once the game does release and that's when people will come in droves to download it -- even those who haven't checked the site for updates in years. It will happen, but right now our task and priority is to actually finish the thing, not provide constant reassurances or updates without any substance.

That said, I'm locking this thread, because as others have noted, we get a topic like this every other month. If you truly are concerned about being updated, as I suggested, check the forums from time to time. Sometimes we post minor update reports in here. But no amount of discussion on this topic will change the situation or make the game released faster, that's just the way it is.