7 Years

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

rich_eter
Peasant Status

#26 Post by rich_eter » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:50 pm

Sure, I've seen the movie, and I know the quote... I just like my modernized version of it in this case.

I develop games to so, believe me, folks, I know how it is to be asked all the time why a game isn't done yet. It took me six years to make one game and it's not anywhere near as complicated as QFG2... not by a long shot.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#27 Post by Paladinlover » Sun May 06, 2007 8:19 am

No it hasn't been 7 years, it closer to 6. I know, because when I first came here on August 2001 (ahh, the sweet memories... :P ) it was only very recently in development or so I remember.

In any case, seeing that I believe it would be reaching beta state by now (or in two or three months) I hope it'll be out by Fall of this year.

HA! I said I hoped it would be out by Fall! :D :D I just broke my own tradition of coming by the board every year at this time and saying I hoped it would come out by summer! :P

Till next time stay cool :smokin

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#28 Post by DonQuixote » Mon May 07, 2007 7:19 pm

Is it still in Alpha testing?

Probably a dumb question, I'm sure there'll be a designer journal entry  :)

gamecreator
Knight Status

#29 Post by gamecreator » Tue May 08, 2007 12:10 am

The latest journal entry (posted in January) said the team is approaching beta testing.

Piotyr
Peasant Status

#30 Post by Piotyr » Wed May 16, 2007 2:32 pm

While some may become fed up and leave they will be back once the game releases. Heck it does not even really matter whos here now, whos left, and whos coming till the games released because then people will be back/come in droves.
I mean seriously even if you are taking your ball and going home now can you tell me while looking into my eyes that you won't be back when the loot drops?

Bubble
Peasant Status

Got that right!

#31 Post by Bubble » Mon May 28, 2007 5:51 am

Piotyr wrote:Heck it does not even really matter whos here now, whos left, and whos coming till the games released because then people will be back/come in droves.
You've got that right!  All it will take is for someone to post AGDI's press release about the availability of QFG2 to Digg or Slashdot and every past QFG player will come flocking.

The site will go down for a bit under the load and everyone will have to wait to get their hands on a copy.  It'll be great!

TribeHasSpoken
Peasant Status

#32 Post by TribeHasSpoken » Mon May 28, 2007 7:04 pm

It hopefully shouldn't go down if the game isn't actually hosted on this site, but instead completely on external mirrors.

Broomie
The Enigma

#33 Post by Broomie » Mon May 28, 2007 8:02 pm

That's what happened when we got Dugg. It was awful.  :cry

ejx982
Peasant Status

Wow.. Voice Over!!!

#34 Post by ejx982 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:22 pm

Wait, QFG2VGA is going to have Voiceover?  I thought due to the amount of text, voice over wouldn't be added for a long time, if at all.  If so, that's awesome.

I remember finding this site, maybe 3 or 4 years ago.  I tried playing KQ, which were remade very well.  Well enough, that they are worth buying, or at the least including on a King's Quest Collection Disc.  

I started to play QFG1, about 1.5 yrs ago.  Exported all 3 characters to a thumb drive, expected the game to be out 'soon'.  Now I hope it comes out within the next 2-3 months before I head off to Graduate School

TribeHasSpoken
Peasant Status

#35 Post by TribeHasSpoken » Mon May 28, 2007 9:36 pm

I thought it was announced there would be no voices for just the reasons you specified.

mjovis
Peasant Status

#36 Post by mjovis » Tue May 29, 2007 5:54 pm

only 7 years? Dude, at least you set your sights on the qfg2 remake instead of hero6, which has been going on since something like 1995 or 1996!

If you truly want disappointment, give up on qfg2 and go wait for Duke Nukem Forever.

edit: Ha, I just read that Duke Nukem Forever, considered the ultimate software vaporware, started in 1997, AFTER the hero6 project launched, making hero6 more vaporware than vaporware. Awesome.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#37 Post by Erpy » Tue May 29, 2007 6:06 pm

mjovis wrote:only 7 years? Dude, at least you set your sights on the qfg2 remake instead of hero6, which has been going on since something like 1995 or 1996!

If you truly want disappointment, give up on qfg2 and go wait for Duke Nukem Forever.

edit: Ha, I just read that Duke Nukem Forever, considered the ultimate software vaporware, started in 1997, AFTER the hero6 project launched, making hero6 more vaporware than vaporware. Awesome.
First of all, QFG2VGA has been in the planning for about 7 years, but hasn't been in full-fledged production for 7 years. And during the years it was in production, it wasn't always the only game we were working on either.

Also, Hero6 was started in 1999, not in 1995 or 1996. It was more or less an indirect response at the closing of Yosemite Studios in 1999. I wouldn't call Hero6 vaporware...it's been having difficulties since its inception, but I don't think it's dead yet.

Finally, you're not Mokiejovis who used to hang around on the Hero6 forums, are you?

mjovis
Peasant Status

#38 Post by mjovis » Wed May 30, 2007 12:55 pm

Erpy wrote:Also, Hero6 was started in 1999, not in 1995 or 1996.
Hmm, I must be mixing up dates. It's been so long, can you blame me? ;)
Erpy wrote:I wouldn't call Hero6 vaporware...it's been having difficulties since its inception, but I don't think it's dead yet.
Look, Duke Nukem Forever isn't "dead yet" but it's still vaporware. I gave out hope literally years ago of ever seeing a hero6 release, and I actually saw all of the insider goodies.
Erpy wrote:Finally, you're not Mokiejovis who used to hang around on the Hero6 forums, are you?
Indeed! :)