Question about Katta in the remake.

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Orion
Royal Servant Status

Question about Katta in the remake.

#1 Post by Orion » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:01 pm

So, I know it's not a major issue, but it's something that don't think has been addressed.  I've looked for released pictures of Katta's, and I've not seen any out anywhere.  So the question is this:

How are the tails of the Katta going to look?  In QfG1:EGA and TBF, they were short, tiny tails, somewhat comparable to a tail a Manx would have.  Yet, in QfG1:VGA, they fixed it up where they actually had longer tails.  Does anybody know an answer to how the tails are going to look, since the games technically 'retconned' how they are? :)

(Don't mind me, I've just been working on an update to my website, and realized that the Coles/Animators did this :D That, and I'm only slightly obsessed with the Katta ;) )

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:44 am

All Katta in the remake will have long tails like QFG1VGA.

Orion
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Orion » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:10 am

This deserves a great big "Yay!" ;)

Ibanezrg82
Knight Status

#4 Post by Ibanezrg82 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:46 am

Your Katta fetish is fufilled in Trial by Fire, Shema does her dance every other day.

It is a very funny thing you mention, because the only Katta tail ever shown is Shema's in QFG2, when she does her dance every other day. :lol

I don't remember any major tail in QFG1VGA.
When did any Katta have long tails? They were cat people who wore clothes. I don't remember long tails.  >:

I seriously hope not to see a bunch of Katta with tails sticking out of their pants. Katta do not have visible tails, please keep true to the games.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#5 Post by Music Head » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:59 am

Ibanezrg82 wrote:I don't remember any major tail in QFG1VGA.
When did any Katta have long tails? They were cat people who wore clothes. I don't remember long tails.  >:

Orion
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Orion » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:45 pm

Ibanezrg82 wrote:I seriously hope not to see a bunch of Katta with tails sticking out of their pants. Katta do not have visible tails, please keep true to the games.
Kinda conflicted yourself there... (and yes, they do have tails sticking out of their pants :P )

...and YAY for Shema Dances every other night!  *cheers*

Ibanezrg82
Knight Status

#7 Post by Ibanezrg82 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:28 am

QFG2 kattas wore pants.

Maybe they tucked their tails in.

Orion
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Orion » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:01 pm

Nope, because even in the remake they had short black tails (Only about 5 or so pixels long, but they were there)

Ibanezrg82
Knight Status

#9 Post by Ibanezrg82 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:39 am

Please, pull up an animation of one of them.

I do remember the Dragonfire Katta had no visible tails.

What remake? QFG1VGA does not count.

Orion
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by Orion » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:54 am

Sorry... I meant QG2 original (was thinking of the remake here at the time though)

I'm getting pics to post now for you.  Shameen and Shema had tails in QG1 original and remake, if i recall correctly (Shema's pic is posted above)

Orion
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Orion » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:05 am

Here you go.  First three in the pic are Shameen, Lisha and Sitar (QfG2) and the last three are Shema from QfG1 (Took 3 pics because her tail's the same color as the floor, but it's there ;) )

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#12 Post by Paladinlover » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:28 pm

Shameen had a short tail in QFG 1 VGA. Just look at him during the cermony when you beat the game.

And yes, I have a major Katta fetish... Orion, care to do the honors?  :lol Anyways, Shema doing her dance every other night does make it a better over all, since it's more realistic that they'd keep entertainments going, plus Shema DID profess a passion for dancing in QFG 1 VGA, so it makes no sense for her only to dance twice... not unless inn keeping is really that hard.

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

#13 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:28 am

Well, she does have to feed Abdulla's fat ass.  :lol

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#14 Post by Paladinlover » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:06 pm

And I hope he's paying for it. He did freeload off them in QFG 1... Then again, he was pretty down about having to do that.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#15 Post by BrianR » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:31 am

Maybe they have to cut their tail when they are in the Holy Land.  Kinda like when female Muslims travel to some Arab countries they need to cover their head but when they are in western civilizations they do not.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#16 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:58 am

Doubtful, since Shapeir's customs are pretty far from the dogmatic influence where such 'traditions' are enforced. Aside from Iblis, there are really no other direct religious references in QFG2. In fact, the setting of Shapeir actually seems more closely related to that of the Persian Empire than anything islamic. Shapeir represents the liberal free-thinking land and Raseir represents the oppressive opposite where rules are upheld and enforced by abuse of power and violence etc.

Particularly interesting are certain comments made by Aziza when describing Julanar's story about the tradition of women no longer having to wear veils and being but wives and chattel to men. Especially when compared to Zaysihah's contrary comments in Raseir about Khaveen enforcing the rules that women must wear veils at all times, not being allowed to speak to other males unless they are relatives, and generally hating all females.  Rasier is an accurate fascimile of modern day Saudi Arabia, and I'm sure that's no coincidence.

Anyhow, as far as the Katta's tails go,  I don't think traditional or religious practices have anything to do with that. Otherwise Katta in both Shapeir and Raseir would probably observe different regulations due to the different laws in each city. More likely the animators simply couldn't be bothered animating the extra detail. You'll find many such similarities when comparing any EGA game to it's VGA counterpart.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Traditions

#17 Post by Brainiac » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:19 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Particularly interesting are certain comments made by Aziza when describing Julanar's story about the tradition of women no longer having to wear veils and being but wives and chattel to men. Especially when compared to Zaysihah's contrary comments in Raseir about Khaveen enforcing the rules that women must wear veils at all times, not being allowed to speak to other males unless they are relatives, and generally hating all females.
I noticed that too.  It was intriguing that Julanar had actually been a tree for a very long time, the better to show the reactionary element of the state of affairs in Raseir.  In that time, the land as a whole had changed for the better, at least until Ad Avis usurped power.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#18 Post by Klytos » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:20 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Doubtful, since Shapeir's customs are pretty far from the dogmatic influence...
Good one!  :lol

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#19 Post by BrianR » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:29 pm

Well maybe it was just a fashion choice.  Like getting an 80's hair cut.  :\

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#20 Post by Paladinlover » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:45 am

I don't think bodily mutilation is really a fashion statement... "Mom, MMOOOOOMMMM, can I PLEEEAASSEEE have my tail cut by two feet..." :eek

ciborium
Peasant Status

#21 Post by ciborium » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:39 pm

And why not?

We cut the tails off dogs all the time to make a fashion statement.  Cocker spaniels and boxers are born with tails.

And if you are referring to ourselves...
What about tatoos, piercing, and branding?  They are all self mutilation to some degree.

techie775
Knight Status

#22 Post by techie775 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:36 pm

Paladinlover wrote:And I hope he's paying for it. He did freeload off them in QFG 1... Then again, he was pretty down about having to do that.

The pointless question I have if Abdulla was mooching off his friends in qfg1 and getting free food and drink, why do you need to buy him a drink if he's getting them for free? I always wondered that... Unless he doesn't want to be rude and take advantage of their generosity.

If I remember correctly I thought abdulla said he had paid shema and shameen back in qfg2 for helping him out in qfg1. If not he's REALLY pressing his luck if he's still mooching on them in shapier...

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#23 Post by Paladinlover » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:04 am

The pointless question I have if Abdulla was mooching off his friends in qfg1 and getting free food and drink, why do you need to buy him a drink if he's getting them for free? I always wondered that... Unless he doesn't want to be rude and take advantage of their generosity.
Maybe he was getting scraps and leftovers or just eating what they were eating. I don't think he'd be living off their best, it just doesn't sound right.
If I remember correctly I thought abdulla said he had paid shema and shameen back in qfg2 for helping him out in qfg1. If not he's REALLY pressing his luck if he's still mooching on them in shapier...
Watch the ending of QFG 1 more carefully, when you defeat the brigands and become the hero, they clearly mention the treasure being returned. Also Abdullah mentions the magic carpet as a part of the treasures that he brought with him... so the rest (or most of it anyways) was doubtlessly recovered at the end.

Furthermore, in the beginning of QFG 2, Abdullah clearly mentions that he sold the carpet to the Sultan and that this made him 'wealthier beyond his wildest dreams'. I'd find it hard that he mooching off them in Shapier.
What about tatoos, piercing, and branding?  They are all self mutilation to some degree.
Most of those stuff are reversable (BTW, do people really brand themselves?) and I don't think they involve cutting off some vital part of their body or perminantly damaging it. Cats need their tails more than dogs do for balance and whatnot. I don't know about Katta, but that's what I think.

Till next time stay cool :cool:

techie775
Knight Status

#24 Post by techie775 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:54 pm

I just meant I'd think you helped a friend out when they needed it then they'd pay you back if they could. It'd make sense to me after Abdulla gets wealthy off the rug he could show some gratitude to the people who kept him alive. I was teasing about mooching off shema and shameen in shapier. I just said that because that's all you see abdulla doing in qfg2; sitting at the table eating food. And some of that treasure had to be shema's and shameen's. How could they afford that inn in qfg2?

And the only time you see Katta with long tails is in qfg1vga. In qfg3 you only see the one katta in the bazaar, and unless he's hiding it some where I didn't see any long tail.

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#25 Post by Boogeyman » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:44 am

I don't remember if the Katta of Silmaria had long tails, but I think they did.