QFG2VGA Screenshots

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

QFG2VGA Screenshots

#1 Post by Music Head » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:21 am

Hey all,

Since everyone around here is pulling out their hair for an update or anything about QFG2VGA I thought some people might like to see these;

http://www.adventure-eu.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=51

Quite a large gallery of shots from QFG2VGA. Probably a good idea to keep in mind that some scenes may have been updated since the screenshots were taken.

Enjoy ;)

EDIT: Here is a link to a review and screenshots found in issue 19 of The Inventory. This version is in French. Thanks to smvp6459 for link.

http://www.planete-aventure.net/inventa ... france.pdf

Note: All screenshots in this issue can be seen by going to the site in the first link. This link is mainly just for the review.
Last edited by Music Head on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jack Sawyer
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by Jack Sawyer » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:17 pm

first time I've seen those! Wow! that game looks really good.  I like how its got a QFG1-esque sortt of "feel" about the graphics, but also retains a sense of familiarity about how the original game looked.  I also like the changes (like Uhura) which looks more faithful to the later games.

Even if some of those HAVE changed, it re-ignites the excitement I feel about wanting to play it.  I can't wait!

Thanks for the update :)

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by BrianR » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:21 pm

Those sceens look so much better than the original but stay so true to the style and color of the original game.  Great job guys!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:38 pm

Several of those screens are really outdated. (ugh) Fortunately there's also several up-to-date ones in there.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:11 pm

why don't you update the old ones then :P?

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by MacGyver » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:39 am

Nice graphics. The final version of the game is going to be 320x200 rite? Any chances of making it 640x480?

Just curious, are we going to have a Saurus Repair Shop as mentioned in the QFG2 main page?

adeyke

#7 Post by adeyke » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:45 am

It's definitely going to be 320x200, not a higher resolution.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by Music Head » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:39 am

The new AGS version has graphics filters in it tho right? So can't ya make it look more detailed even tho it isn't or something?, i dunno  :\ .

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:39 pm

Saurus repair shop: yes, it's in there.

As for it looking better at 640x400...yes and no. The only things that look better are scaled sprites, since they'll lose less detail when scaled down in higher res. But that just tends to make the graphics look inconsistent. Native resolution will remain 320x200 and running it in higher res won't make backgrounds, dialog pics or non-scaled sprites look any different.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#10 Post by Paladinlover » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:50 pm

Just out of plain curiousity, what's the purpose of the Saurus repair shop? Does your saurus get 'damaged' during battle or 'break down' and you need to have him 'fix' (but not in THAT way... I don't think the Emir would appreciate that once the spell is broken. :p )

And those pics... they really get me salivating. Though I have waited for nearly six years and I can wait a bit more for it to come by.

Till next time stay cool :cool:

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#11 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:17 pm

No, the repair shop was intended to be a silly easter egg that wasn't really consistent with reality... A bit like Laurel and Hardy in the Savannah. It has no influence on the plot.

techie775
Knight Status

#12 Post by techie775 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:45 am

Erpy wrote:No, the repair shop was intended to be a silly easter egg that wasn't really consistent with reality... A bit like Laurel and Hardy in the Savannah. It has no influence on the plot.

Funny I never saw Laurel and Hardy in the savanna.... Was it just in certain versions or is really rare? Cause I lost track how many time I have replayed the whole QFG series and I never saw that. I had v1.1. The awful waffle was pretty pointless too cause they kept showing up til you ate something.

adeyke

#13 Post by adeyke » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:53 am

There are certain easter eggs in QfG3 that appear when you click in the savanna with the walk icon.  That is, when you enter the close-up without a monster encounter or special location.  These easter eggs are easy to get when you look for them but they don't generally appear during normal gameplay.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Food sources

#14 Post by Brainiac » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:48 am

techie775 wrote:The awful waffle was pretty pointless too cause they kept showing up til you ate something.
What, you never tried eating the Awful Waffle Walker itself (or even better, having your Wizard toast your waffle with a Flame Dart)?

techie775
Knight Status

#15 Post by techie775 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:34 am

yes I did do both eat and fry the waffle, It just stops being funny when your far in the savanna and you have to go back to tarna to get 1 common mystery meat and that stupid waffle keeps coming. Forgot if it appears in the jungle too.

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#16 Post by Boogeyman » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:30 am

Not in the jungle. Instead, due to a glitch, you encounter nothing and are stuck there FOREVER! The normal encounter music plays rather than the waffle tune.

a_vasi
Peasant Status

#17 Post by a_vasi » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:15 pm

Thanks for the link Music Head; they look great even if several of those pics are ‘outdated' as previously mentioned.
I have never played QFG2...I did play through parts 1, 3 and 4; loved them all! Needless to say, I absolutely cannot wait for QFG2 !!! XD
I do not mind the wait, because I know it is going to be so worth it! :D

You guys did such a wonderful job with KQ1, and I am in the middle of KQ2 right now! They are both AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for all your time and efforts!

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by MacGyver » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:17 am

You should consider playing QFG2 EGA. It's a great game.

Ibanezrg82
Knight Status

#19 Post by Ibanezrg82 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:50 am

I second that thought, MacGyver.

The screenshots are well done. What I expected. There is only so far they can go with the project in terms of graphics, and it seems that they pushed it to the limit.
Even if the shots are outdated, the folks here have done their job, and are still working on said job, obviously.

I am happy the saurus shop is just an easter egg.
Thanks.

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#20 Post by DonQuixote » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:51 pm

hadn't seen all of those before, thanks for the post

speaking of easter eggs, does anyone know what conditions you have to meet to bump into the legionaries in QG3?  I've seen this easter egg a couple of times a very long time ago, I think it was above the simbani village, but I've never been able to repeat it

adeyke

#21 Post by adeyke » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:29 pm

As far as I know, you just have to click somewhere in the savanna map to enter a close-up without a monster encounter.  Every time you do, there's a chance you'll get that or one of the other easter eggs.

haradan
Knight Status

#22 Post by haradan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:45 pm

I have mainly found that easter egg when walking way up north in the savanna (north of Simbani Village or north of some hills near Tarna, IIRC).

TheDevian
Peasant Status

#23 Post by TheDevian » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:38 am

Just saw that one myself yesterday for the first time, somewhere close to tarna I believe. (been doing a lot of back and forth trying to get passed the bug with the Laibon, finaly get passed it and cant get back into the tent to buy the Leopardwoman. same trick wont work cause I can't drop all the stuff) oh well back to trying to figure that out.....

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#24 Post by DonQuixote » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:43 am

adeyke wrote:As far as I know, you just have to click somewhere in the savanna map to enter a close-up without a monster encounter.  Every time you do, there's a chance you'll get that or one of the other easter eggs.
Hmmmm... I'll have to give that a try some time.  I've intentionally done that before and usually came up with the signs or traps.  I guess I should just keep at it.

I've always hoped that there were Easter Eggs that I was not aware of yet, although I have a feeling that after years of playing these games that I've found all of them.

One thing that is interesting to do (in all of the games) is play them with a fresh and curious mind, not just to complete them, but just to see what happens in certain circumstances.  I locked myself so much into doing certain things a certain way that I had almost forgotten, for example, how comical all the different ways you can die are.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#25 Post by Kurdt » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:51 am

techie775 wrote:yes I did do both eat and fry the waffle, It just stops being funny when your far in the savanna and you have to go back to tarna to get 1 common mystery meat and that stupid waffle keeps coming. Forgot if it appears in the jungle too.
Well, you know, the idea with the Awful Waffle Walker is that you eat him and then you don't have to eat anymore. You don't actually have to trek all the way back to Tarna for mystery meat. You just eat the waffle and go on with life and you never die of starvation.