importing

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Amizan
Peasant Status

importing

#1 Post by Amizan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:31 pm

hey, everyone. I just signed up to this forum today but i've known this site for two years and i can't wait for the release of qfg 2. but one thing i've always been wondering is... will we be able to import our character from qfg 1 to the remake? Also, will we be able to save our character for use in qfg 3? I've always loved the import feature in qfg games since the work u do in the previous game pays off in the next  :D

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:45 pm

The answer to both questions is yes.

Ibanezrg82
Knight Status

#3 Post by Ibanezrg82 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:27 am

sweet.

I hope to suplement my once every year and a half QFG binge with QFG2AGDI.

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by MacGyver » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:09 pm

Another question on importing. I recall that due to certain stats (perhaps Lock Picking) that I shouldn't have as a Fighter, I was wrongly imported as a Thief in QFG2.

In the remake, will we be able to choose the type of character after importing, just like what we could do later in the series? Or will this be corrected? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#5 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:05 pm

There's no way to 'adjust' your hero's profession after importing, but I don't think it'll be necessary anyhow.

When the .sav file gets imported, it looks at the character's base class, so his stats don't factor into it. Hybrid characters will still be imported as their base character class.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by BrianR » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:24 pm

Importing was probably the biggest reason I loved the series so much.  Is it a big selling point for the rest of you?  Also was it the first adventure game to do this?  I can not think of another before qfg.

ejx982
Peasant Status

#7 Post by ejx982 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:03 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:There's no way to 'adjust' your hero's profession after importing, but I don't think it'll be necessary anyhow.

When the .sav file gets imported, it looks at the character's base class, so his stats don't factor into it. Hybrid characters will still be imported as their base character class.
I'm going to assume you also mean importing will be performed correctly?  I remember all of my characters were all imported as fighters in QFG2, and itwasn't until QFG3 that I "reset" them by telling QFG3 they were magic users or thieves.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#8 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:16 am

It should, yes.  If you send me one of your affected .sav files, I can try it out and let you know for sure.