If I could make a suggestion...

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#26 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:05 pm

The racism involved a couple of messages, rather than actual themes. They were cut from later builds of the game.

I can't imagine the Coles went after him, since the Coles don't own the QFG intellectual property though I did hear Sierra told him to cease and desist.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#27 Post by BrianR » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:48 pm

I'm sorry, you're right it was Sierra.  Atleast from what rumors I heard a long time ago.

EDIT:  Speaking of 4.5.  I just played through it again for fun and I can not find the answer through google.  IF you have played the game, how do you save the butcher?  I got the gloves and note but no idea what to do with them.  I have even killed the guy who killed the ghost in the church.  

Edit Edit:  Never mind I figured it out.  You need to give the gloves to Otto.  I paid off the lawyer too and have a score of 513 out of 500 lol.

Thanks.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#28 Post by Klytos » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:08 pm

For all it's crappy parts, I think the author deserves some credit for actually putting together a fully playable game in the QFG style. Yeah, it's not awesome and nowhere near the length of a real QFG game, but it was a fun little diversion from the mundane and it would have taken him a while to get it all together.

Ibanezrg82
Knight Status

#29 Post by Ibanezrg82 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:25 am

It was like Larry meets the hero from QFG's retarted brother, fun all the same.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#30 Post by BrianR » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Klytos wrote:For all it's crappy parts, I think the author deserves some credit for actually putting together a fully playable game in the QFG style. Yeah, it's not awesome and nowhere near the length of a real QFG game, but it was a fun little diversion from the mundane and it would have taken him a while to get it all together.
I think he does too.  But nowhere near the length?  I think it was atleast 60% the length.  If you complete all parts, including killing the murderer and paying the lawyer, it takes some time to build cash and stats to do so.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#31 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:36 pm

I don't believe the game has a stat system...I've heard the stat screen is simply a picture instead of a GUI.

Broomie
The Enigma

#32 Post by Broomie » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:12 pm

Erpy wrote:I don't believe the game has a stat system...I've heard the stat screen is simply a picture instead of a GUI.

It's got a minor stat system. You can build up certain attributes like strength, stealth, magic and agility but many others are ignored. I haven't played it in a while so I'm not sure what stats are covered but there are certain parts where you need a high strength level to beat someone in a fight and good stealth to steal items at night.

If you exclude some of the content, QFG4.5 is a very well made game when you look at the engine. It has a decent fighting system which works in a similar way to QFG1VGA.