Update: May 9th, 2014
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine is now available for purchase on Steam
.Update: November 26th, 2013Price: $9.99 USD
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine version 4.0 has been released! This new version has several major improvements based on player feedback we've received over the years. If you've never played the game before, now is the perfect opportunity to give this enhanced edition a try!SCREENSHOTSKEY FEATURES
* A new Al Emmo (protagonist) voice actor
* Improved 2D Cutscene movies
* Scoring system with 500 points
* Achievement system with 20 achievements
* Tooltip bar that shows mouse-over hotspots
* Much more! (See full list at bottom of post) WHERE TO BUY THE GAMEHimalaya Store - Unlockable trial version
(Free 60 Minute Trial)Buy from Desura
(More to come.)AVAILABILITY ON STEAM
The game is still in Greenlight, but is moving up. If you have a Steam account, we'd really appreciate your "Yes" vote. And if you leave a comment too, you'll automatically go into our prize draw to win some free Steam games once greenlit! Also, all owners of the game will get a Steam key.UPGRADING TO v4.0
Upgrading to version 4.0 is free for customers who purchased the game directly from Himalaya Studios. If you purchased the Digital Download version, simply uninstall your old version, then re-install version 4.0. The same serial key number you were allocated will work.
If you bought the game from another portal/webstore, the new version will be rolled out sometime in December.CHANGES TO VERSION 4.0
A full list of additions, features, improvements, and bug fixes is below.
WARNING: GAME SPOILERS AHEAD
- Added: New voice actor for Al Emmo
- Added: New voice actor for Everette the Exterminator
- Added: Improved 2D, hand-animated cutscenes to replace older 3D versions
- Added: New Himalaya Studios logo animation
- Added: New scoring system with a total of 500 points
- Added: Achievements system with 20 achievements to unlock
- Added: Tooltip GUI which shows mouse-over hotspot names
- Added: The [ and ] keys will cycle backwards and forwards through inventory items
- Added: Back-end functionality for touch-screen devices
- Added: Some newly recorded speech for Rita
- Added: Animated light glints to several small, obtainable objects to make them more visible
- Added: Max Nearest Neighbour filter to the setup program
- Fixed: Music and audio stuttering bug
- Fixed: Pressing Enter on Quit & Restart GUIs now acts like clicking the "yes" button
- Fixed: Esc key will now cancel the map of Anozira
- Fixed: Esc will no longer skip the entire tequila sequence in the saloon
- Fixed: Al can now run inside Koko's store
- Fixed: Improved Al's mule dismounting animation at Rita's house
- Fixed: Improved Bubba's flag animation
- Fixed: Updated the PDF manual with the latest graphics and information
- Fixed: Koko's greeting to Al in Act 6 if Al already visited him since the raid
- Fixed: Made it so you must talk to Everette before you can give him the termites
- Fixed: More legible font is used in the journals
- Fixed: Moved the mine cart's starting position further right on the tracks
- Fixed: Bug where the same desert music could play twice in succession
- Fixed: Bug where the top left and right menus would not animate in the mine cliff screen
- Fixed: Bug where you could burn the gallows ropes with the matchbook more than once
- Fixed: several minor spelling/grammar errors
- Fixed: other small glitches and bugs
- Changed: Interface improvements (such as tweening GUIs)
- Changed: Made many items and objects easier to click on to reduce pixel-hunting
- Changed: Rita's speaking portrait
- Changed: Rita's song cutscene has been replaced with a new in-game scene
- Changed: Increased the odds of seeing the fishing Easter Eggs at the oasis
- Changed: Improved the visual appearance of Kevin's fire extinguisher spray
- Changed: Retouched several characters' dialog portraits
- Changed: The half-map rubbing inventory item now includes a piece of charcoal
- Changed: Al now looks at the half-map rubbing after acquiring it (close-up)
- Changed: Made it easier to walk off the screen edges when leaving a room
- Changed: Various dialogue and text tweaks
- Changed: Tweaked the way save/replace game GUIs are handled
=========================================Update: November 16th, 2012WIN THREE FREE STEAM GAMES!
We've decided to run a giveaway to help promote the enhanced version of Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine.
For the chance to win ANY three (3) Steam games of your choice, follow these simple steps:1)
Visit the Al Emmo Greenlight page
. Log in to your Steam account and click the "Yes" button to up-vote the game.
Click the "Favorite" button (located just above the "Yes" button, under the screenshots).
Leave a comment relevant to the Enhanced Edition of Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine. (This step is necessary so that we can choose a winner from the list of usernames assigned to the comments).
And That's it! Three (3) entries will be randomly chosen when Al Emmo Enhanced Edition gets greenlit and the contest will remain open until that time. Comments/votes that existed before the contest was announced will also be eligible to win.
First Prize: Any three (3) games (of any value), chosen by the winner, will be gifted to the their Steam account.
Second Prize: Two runners-up will be gifted one (1) game of their choice (of any value) to their Steam account.Note: Entrants must have a valid Steam account to enter. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94874423=========================================Update: September 9th, 2012
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine (Enhanced Edition v4.0) has been added on Steam Greenlight.Click here to see Al Emmo v4.0 on Greenlight
This is an upcoming enhanced edition
of Al Emmo. The major changes will be completely new Al Emmo character vocals (by new voice actor) and 2D animated cutscenes to replace the original 3D ones. There are also a plethora of other tweaks and improvements!
The way Greenlight works, is that the community votes for games they would like to see on Valve's Steam platform. This removes the sole decision-making from their shoulders and provides a more accurate representation of which titles the gaming community at large wants to see on Steam.
So, we could use your help! If you have a Steam account, please log-in and vote "Yes" to help us get the upcoming Al Emmo build onto the Steam platform. If Al Emmo gets onto Steam, current owners of the game will be given a free Steam code for the Enhanced Edition.
Thank you! =========================================Update: December 6th, 2010
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine version 3.0 has been released! This is the first major release of the game since 2006. Download the new version from here
Upgrading to version 3.0 is free for customers who purchased the game directly from Himalaya Studios. If you purchased the Digital Download version, simply uninstall your old version, then re-install version 3.0. The same serial key number you were allocated will work.
If you purchased the CD version of Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine from Himalaya Studios and would like to upgrade to version 3.0, please send us an email at email@example.com
, quoting your order reference number and/or shipping address where the game was sent to, and we'll assign you a new serial key that works with the Digital Download version of the game.
Important: Please note that savegames from previous versions of the game are not compatible with v3.0!
The main addition to 3.0 is the implementation of higher resolution modes which allows for a more detailed Al Emmo character sprite. A full list of additions, features, improvements, and bug fixes is below:CHANGES TO VERSION 3.0
WARNING: GAME SPOILERS AHEAD
- Added: Support for higher resolution graphics
- Added: Direct3D driver mode
- Added: a more highly-detailed Al Emmo sprite in high resolution modes
- Added: proper Windows Vista & Windows 7 support and functionality
- Added: an Exit button to the title screen
- Added: a checkbox to the installer asking whether the user wants to create a game desktop icon or not
- Added: Better-looking top corner page-turn menus and clearer bottom-left corner map menu
- Added: the current Act number to the top GUI bar
- Added: the ability to press CTRL+C to quickly clear any characters in GUI text boxes
- Added: visual "Continue" and "Replay" buttons to the GUIs that appear after the Comic Cutscenes
- Added: the ability to dismount the saloon barstool by clicking the Walk icon
- Added: an advance hint in the mines about the imminent flooding river booby-trap
- Added: some replacement Andretto speech lines and lip-syncing in the mines
- Fixed: potential permission conflicts under Windows Vista and Windows 7 accounts without Admin privileges
- Fixed: save-game files potentially getting misnumbered and overwriting existing save-games
- Fixed: Centered All GUIs
- Fixed: Dragging the Music Volume slider to the very bottom will now mute game music completely
- Fixed: several instances where the wrong mouse cursor was being made active after closing GUIs
- Fixed: being able to pour the flask of water from the upper window of the Hospitality House
- Fixed: Made Al Emmo stop walking when the Rita Flyer and Business ID Card items are clicked on him
- Fixed: bugs where Al could pass into non-walkable areas of the Saloon, Indian Plateau, & Bull Pen screens
- Fixed: a bug where clicking through narrator speech when viewing the saloon Drink Menu closed the menu
- Fixed: a bug where exiting a screen could cause Al Emmo glide without using his walking animations
- Fixed: Disabled the CTRL+Q hotkey for the Quit GUI when a map GUI or similar close-up GUI is on-screen
- Fixed: the Exit Arrow icons so that they revert to the Wait icon as soon as Al Emmo begins his exit
- Fixed: Made Rita's gate easier to click when opening/closing it. Also fixed the opened gate's z-order
- Fixed: some omitted Rita speech lines when talking to her about the location of the Miner's Cabin
- Fixed: Viewing the Rita Flyer and Andretto ID card close-ups will now stop Al from moving
- Fixed: Prevented the player from viewing the Rita Flyer during timed-events
- Fixed: a bug where turning Special Effects off would make sunlight beams appear inside buildings/houses
- Fixed: being able to walk through the 2 Plateau Indians when standing behind the pair and talking to them
- Fixed: a bug where the Trial Door's text parser sometimes permitted incorrect answers
- Fixed: a bug where Al could clip through the Aztec Altar
- Fixed: Prevented the player from being able to read the journals while in the mine (which caused issues)
- Fixed: Implemented some hotspot adjustments, making their shapes and sizes fit the scenery more accurately
- Fixed: various walk-behind masking and walkable area glitches
- Fixed: some incorrect mouse icons on various GUIs
- Fixed: several minor spelling/grammar errors
- Fixed: other small glitches and bugs
- Changed: The game no longer uses a music.vox file. Both sound and music resources are now stored in audio.vox
- Changed: Rita's house now shows on the map after first seeing her in Act 1 (previously it showed in Act 2)
- Changed: The game now natively plays Ogg Theora video files, preventing potential video stream freezes
- Changed: Save-game and character export files are now stored in the user's My Documents/My Saved Games folder
- Changed: the game's installer to use Inno Setup for better compression and performance=========================================CLASSIC ADVENTURE GAMING IS BACK
Himalaya Studios Ships Classic Style Adventure Game for the PC
September 6, 2006--Remember an era when classics like King's Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, and Monkey Island reigned supreme? Remember a time when games had an enticing storyline and challenging puzzles? A few years ago, journalists proclaimed the adventure gaming genre was dead, but that didn't last for long!
The fan-bois (and girl) responsible for creating remakes of Sierra's beloved King's Quest I and King's Quest II, have just released their first original classic-style adventure game for the PC, Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine.
Britney Brimhall, Chairman & CEO of Himalaya Studios comments, "after spending several years in development, making certain to get all the details JUST right, we are SO excited to finally release the game to adventure game lovers around the world!" Brimhall also remarks, "fans of the adventure genre have been neglected for far too long, and we hope with the release of Al Emmo, that gamers will once again feel the immense nostalgic feeling of loading a classic for the first time."
Order fulfillment commenced on Wednesday morning, and those who placed a preorder can expect to receive their classic gaming goodness in a flash. For those who did not yet place an order, now is the chance to visit Himalaya Studios' brand new online store
. Gamers can purchase the game, soundtrack, art prints and more, all which will be immediately shipped to their doorstep.
A trial version of Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine can be downloaded from the link below. It offers one hour of uninterrupted gameplay.Al Emmo: Trial Demo Download
directly from the Himalaya Studios site.
The full game can be unlocked by purchasing a license key from the Himalaya Store
. This is a good option for those who prefer the instant gratification of being able to play the game right away.
Al Emmo is also available in German, complete with German text translation and speech. You can get it at the link below (Amazon), or check your local German stores and online channels:Al Emmo: Das Wild West Adventure at Amazon
A Russian version has also been released with full Russian text translation and speech. It can be found at the publisher's website here:ÐÐ» ÐÐ¼Ð¼Ð¾ Ð¸ ÑÐ¾ÐºÑ€Ð¾Ð²Ð¸Ñ‰Ð° Ð·Ð¾Ð»Ð¾Ñ‚Ð¾Ð¹ ÑˆÐ°xÑ‚Ñ‹ (Russian version)
Recently, Himalaya Studios updated the official Al Emmo website. Fans can mosey on over to http://www.alemmo.com
to take a sneak peek behind the scenes, and see a "making of" movie; view never seen before concept art, and more!
Himalaya Studios was disappointed by the disappearance of retro, classic style adventure gaming and anticipates a major revival in the genre with their first original release. To support their mission, Himalaya Studios encourages adventure gamers throughout the world to unite and spread the word of the return of classic adventure gaming with Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine!