question about king's quest collection

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

isabella
Royal Servant Status

question about king's quest collection

#1 Post by isabella » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:35 pm

hy annyone can tell me where can I find king's quest 9 ? i am searching all the collection but it's just until kq VII and I have played alls until ks VIII the mask; hank's alls if someone can help me whuh this i will be glad; kiss and merry christmas

greensenshi
Knight Status

#2 Post by greensenshi » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:44 pm

Probably because King's Quest 9 doesn't exist.  The series stopped with Mask of Eternity which is the 8th installment.  There is a fan group making a fan game called "The Silver Lining" which is finishing off the series.  Their website is here[/url]

isabella
Royal Servant Status

thanck's

#3 Post by isabella » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:20 pm

can I have another question, tell me please can we play or download this silver lining ? thanks again

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:21 pm

No, it's still being worked on. No release date has been given either.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#5 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:35 am

If look at the site it looks like thers a poll on who should be beta testers so i assume that means its close

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

Re: thanck's

#6 Post by Music Head » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:18 am

erpy wrote:No, it's still being worked on. No release date has been given either.
There is however a demo available for you to try the game out.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:51 am

AsianMusicGuy wrote:If look at the site it looks like thers a poll on who should be beta testers so i assume that means its close
Meh, I see it more like fan-service...the people in that poll are long-time forum regulars and they want to reward their closest supporters that way. Not so long ago, their PR director quit, supposedly because development preferred to work in relative public obscurity while PR naturally wanted more transparency. If beta phase was that close, their PR department would have jumped at the opportunity to announce alpha stage and their PR director, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel be relatively close, would probably have decided to stick around a little while longer despite not being able to say a lot.

Beta testers aren't decided in a poll...only the team should decide who they want to test their game. While I have no doubt those people WILL be given the ability to test, I see this more as a contest of sorts, similar to other contests they've held.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:11 pm

Erpy wrote:
AsianMusicGuy wrote:If look at the site it looks like thers a poll on who should be beta testers so i assume that means its close
Meh, I see it more like fan-service...the people in that poll are long-time forum regulars and they want to reward their closest supporters that way. Not so long ago, their PR director quit, supposedly because development preferred to work in relative public obscurity while PR naturally wanted more transparency. If beta phase was that close, their PR department would have jumped at the opportunity to announce alpha stage and their PR director, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel be relatively close, would probably have decided to stick around a little while longer despite not being able to say a lot.

Beta testers aren't decided in a poll...only the team should decide who they want to test their game. While I have no doubt those people WILL be given the ability to test, I see this more as a contest of sorts, similar to other contests they've held.

http://www.tsl-game.com/forum/index.php?topic=6255.0

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:57 pm

I know about that thread, that's why I said what I said. I just don't think it means it's an announcement to go beta. If beta stage was really around the corner, they wouldn't be picking their beta testers that way.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:24 pm

Very true erpy

isabella
Royal Servant Status

thanks

#11 Post by isabella » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:05 pm

I've downloaded the demo of silver lining but it's verry short and too long to download and I'm a little disapointet, but can annyone tell me where I can find adventures games that seams approach whith King's quest? thanks alls