Request for next project

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Shaminar
Peasant Status

Request for next project

#1 Post by Shaminar » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:14 am

Hello all!

I have a request for any future games you make if you're not allready planning it.

Could you possibly make a remake of Lesiure Suit Larry 2 and 3 and Kings Quest 4?

It would be nice since the rest of the games have now gone VGA.

Laters!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:45 am

From a simply having-all-the-games-in-vga point of view, there is another group called Magic Mirror Games that is already doing KQ4. From a continue-the-Father-storyline point of view, I'd want a new KQ3 AND KQ4 as well.

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by MacGyver » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:34 am

I'd like Larry 2 VGA, but I felt a very low probability that this'll materialize.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#4 Post by Paladinlover » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:36 pm

How about we leave the AGDs from constantly having to make new remakes and instead let them produce commerical games equalling, or surpassing, Al Emmo... that would be pretty cool. ;)

BTW, you do realise that there are lots of projects out there for VGA remakes of games? Go ahead and search for them! :D
I'd want a new KQ3 AND KQ4 as well.
Check this link out viewtopic.php?t=11481&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

MusicallyInspired

#5 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 am

You didn't read all of my post, did you. I said that there were already KQ3 and 4 remakes. But then I said that if I wanted the remakes that continued the Father story line I'd also want a KQ3 and KQ4 VGA from AGDI.

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by MacGyver » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:46 pm

I think continue-the-father-storyline is a bit too in depth to understand.

I doubt AGDI or any other team would put in effort for something already done. After all, the ultimate goal is to remake the game in VGA. If someone already did that, there's very little point to do it all over again. They'll probably remake other games, create new games, or take a good break. It's been a good few years of continuous game development for them.

antonyo
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by antonyo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:20 pm

I said that there were already KQ3 and 4 remakes. But then I said that if I wanted the remakes that continued the Father story line I'd also want a KQ3 and KQ4 VGA from AGDI.
I'm not sure that will happen. Isn't Daniel Stacey missing? Also I think it could be seen as disrespectful if AGDI made Kq3+ and Kq4+ when Kq3 was remade already and Kq4 is being remade.

I think the next projects will be new commercial titles made by Himalaya. I doubt the AGDs will work on a remake or fangame in a near future. I agree with Paladinlover, the AGDs have a game company to develop, we can't keep asking them to live in the shadow of other people's tales when they can tell their own.

No more remakes from AGDI would be bad if AGDI hadn't inspired many of us to carry the torch, just like IA is doing. With games like Sq2vga and Quest for Infamy, I have no doubt the community will live on for several years. It's time to let the AGDs tell their own tales and bug the folks at IA for remakes. :)

MusicallyInspired

#8 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:38 pm

You can't say that making VGA remakes of KQ3 or KQ4 would be disrespectful since they'd be completely different games (with the Father storyline additions and all). Being a member of IA I know for a fact that if AGDI did make a KQ3 that the IA members wouldn't mind. True the AGDs have Himalaya to think about, but I wouldn't write them off just yet, personally.

And just because Daniel hasn't been on the forums doesn't mean he hasn't been in contact with the AGDs.

George
Peasant Status

#9 Post by George » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:00 pm

How about "Robin Hood: Legend of The Longbow"?

It actually runs on XP as is and what appears to be normal speed, but don't know if any timed sequences or events would be out of sinc.

MusicallyInspired

#10 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:51 pm

It's already VGA.

Cadbury Wookie
Royal Scribe

Missed?

#11 Post by Cadbury Wookie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Isn't Daniel Stacey missing?
Gawd, I hope not. It's hard enough trying to find my car at the local shopping centre. Don't need to add myself to the mix.

MusicallyInspired

#12 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:08 pm

There, see? :p

auxstd
Peasant Status

#13 Post by auxstd » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:56 am

Personally, I'd way rather see the AGDI group do another KQ/QFG style game but something of their own design. Something new and original. I appreciate the remakes and all that stuff but man you can only live in the past so much.

If they were to remake anything I'd get a raging semi for a QFG5 downgrade into AGStudio or whatever theyre using these days. And changing the content  and story dramatically to fit the style too. I found even the 3d version lacked something in its battle system.

MusicallyInspired

#14 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:37 am

auxstd wrote:Personally, I'd way rather see the AGDI group do another KQ/QFG style game but something of their own design. Something new and original. I appreciate the remakes and all that stuff but man you can only live in the past so much.
http://www.himalayastudios.com/

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#15 Post by Klytos » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:36 am

antonyo wrote:No more remakes from AGDI would be bad if AGDI hadn't inspired many of us to carry the torch, just like IA is doing. With games like Sq2vga and Quest for Infamy, I have no doubt the community will live on for several years. It's time to let the AGDs tell their own tales and bug the folks at IA for remakes. :)
QFI isn't a remake, it's an original title, inspired by an evil version of the awesomeness of Quest for Glory. We (IA that is) don't just want to do remakes. We do stuff that is fun, that's pretty much the only rule.

The difference between IA and AGDI (besides the fact that we're just much cooler people ... sorry AGD1 you know I love you lol ...) is that for IA it's just a hobby. For AGDI it's a more serious thing. At the least it's a training ground for those who have moved on into Himalaya and making money from this gig.

~ Klytos

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#16 Post by Erpy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:50 am

I disagree, AGDI is very much a hobby for me. It's a hobby I pour every free minute I have into, but it's a hobby nevertheless. Of course, that probably makes it more an obsession than a hobby, but it's the only way to get projects of this magnitude done. :D

We are pretty serious about how we go about our projects, but that's more like a team philosophy.

MagusRogue
Peasant Status

#17 Post by MagusRogue » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:57 pm

Actually, I'd like to see one EGA game be redone in vga: Police Quest 2.

Unless it's already been done.  :hat

Klytos

#18 Post by Klytos » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:43 am

But Erpy, you've moved onwards into Himalaya and helped out there haven't you? Doesn't that suggest that AGDI was a training ground for you?  :D

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#19 Post by Gronagor » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:02 am

You're suggesting it was his plan to work on Al Emmo rather than their AGDI projects when he joined AGDI, Klytos?

hmmm... if that is so, why is Erpy still bothering with AGDI stuff if he already has the experience?

That's a silly argument Klytos. If you guys get an opportunity to make a commercial game where you'll get a few bucks to support you in doing what you love to do, wouldn't you do it?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#20 Post by Erpy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:15 am

Hehe. I only scripted the last act and the comic cutscenes in Al Emmo. If anything Himalaya was a training for QFG2VGA. I know which one is more complicated to script, that's for sure.

Klytos

#21 Post by Klytos » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:40 am

Yeah it's a silly argument Gron, I know that. I'm just having a laugh with Erpy, it's not a big deal. As noted by my smiley!  :)  :D  :)

auxstd
Peasant Status

#22 Post by auxstd » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:02 pm

seriously... a qfg5vga would be so sick...