Fixing Sierra timer bugs and others

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

malekdarshin
Royal Servant Status

Fixing Sierra timer bugs and others

#1 Post by malekdarshin » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:02 pm

I noticed someone asking for a remake of Robin Hood: Quest of the Longbow because of the timer issues I didn't want to bury this post within the other because most people wouldn't see it. And yes, I know a lot of the old timers here already know about this, but with new people arriving everyday it might be good to mention it again.

There is this guy, NewRisingSun, who programmed fixes for many of the timer issues. His patches are located here. http://www.geocities.com/belzorash/

Also there is a site deticated to getting Gabriel Knight 1and 2 working of Windows XP. They even have an  program that converts all of the CDs for GK2 into one DVD and gets everything working in XP.
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/gkpatches/

I know there is others, so feel free to post any more fixes that are out there.

Bobbin Threadbare
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by Bobbin Threadbare » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:50 am

Is there also a program to convert Phantasmagoria CD to DVD?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#3 Post by Gronagor » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:28 am

Hmmm... this is a good topic, but misplaced. This got nothing to do with the AGDI team. Should be in the off-topic forum.

malekdarshin
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by malekdarshin » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 pm

There is one for Phantasmagoria, but I haven't tried it. It's in German, but the site I'm linking to has a translation and the link to the program. The installer is supposed to work with the English version.

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=13398

greensenshi
Knight Status

#5 Post by greensenshi » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:08 am

That one does work for the English version, but the installer is in German.  There's no translation of the installer as far as I know.

malekdarshin
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by malekdarshin » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:32 am

I gave the german installer a try today. It installs the entire game onto your hard drive. As greensenshi said, there is no translation for the installer, but on the link I provided there is a translation of what the installer says. This only installs the game, but I figure you could burn the entire game folder onto a DVD. I'm pretty sure this game doesn't have any registry settings, so it should run just by copying the game folder from the DVD to the C drive. This isn't as nice as the GK1 installer, but it works for those of us that want to play the game. It wouldn't be too hard to get a menu program and make a nice autorun driven menu.

If I have time I just might make one...