Future AGDI Projects

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#26 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:00 am

Indeed! Gold Rush is teh awesome.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#27 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:35 am

smvp6459 wrote:How about "Gold Rush!"?  Definitely not VGA, could use some polishing, and highly underrated.
Gold Rush is quite unique, and educational as well.  With some beautiful hand-drawn graphics, that game would be lovely.

Bt

haradan
Knight Status

#28 Post by haradan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:08 am

You sure about that one?
He might have seen it on Kazaa.
ROFL
First time in years visiting these forums that I feel I'm being mocked at.  :rolleyes Not cool.
Haradan the red press is working on a remake of PQ 2. here is the link
http://www.novellice.com/theRedPress/?page_id=54

John
I had no idea, thanks for the link. Let's hope it goes well.

How about "Gold Rush!"?  Definitely not VGA, could use some polishing, and highly underrated.
Gold Rush is a wonderful game. Its random deaths, on the other hand,  despite having realistic and educational purposes, were really annoying. It could also benefit from enhancing or twisting the plot just a little bit.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#29 Post by Erpy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:14 am

haradan wrote:
You sure about that one?
He might have seen it on Kazaa.
ROFL
First time in years visiting these forums that I feel I'm being mocked at.  :rolleyes Not cool.
Unless you're part of the Jodo Kast Colonel's Bequest project that people were referring to, I don't think anybody was mocking you.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#30 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:02 pm

Ya, inside joke. Some of us have been here for many years. Lots of things have happened during that time. Including the Jodo Kast incident.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

The object of ridicule

#31 Post by Brainiac » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Yeah, trust me.  The only one being mocked is Jodo Kast.

Sooner or later, someone's got to remake CB just so Jodo can swoop in and claim it was all him. :p

AGP
Royal Servant Status

#32 Post by AGP » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Sorry to be so uninformed, but what about this Jodo Cast? From what I can gather he was a guy pretending to be part of a team on a game that probably was never finished. Am I close?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#33 Post by Erpy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Hmmm, you know, when the incident took place and the threads were removed, I didn't want to keep it in the open because the whole thing was still fresh in everyone's minds and instead of having stopped, it continued on other message boards. It seemed for the best to keep the threads out of public sight. That was a long time ago and I'm pretty sure the whole project (if it ever got out of the planning stage to begin with) is now in indefinite cryogenic status. So maybe, just for laughs and for the sake of people getting the running jokes, I'll move it to the archive forum.

viewtopic.php?t=537

viewtopic.php?t=538

These threads contain the whole situation as it unfolded.

haradan
Knight Status

#34 Post by haradan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Oh, OK, things look more clear now. Without this info, I wasn't sure what to make out of your comments (reading it all again, it's becoming even funny for me as well).  :lol

Anyway, I wasn't refering to Jodo's joke (quite obvious by now), I was refering to dump401, which looked serious enough but, sadly, may be abandoned already. I hope not (wishful thinking).

MK
Peasant Status

#35 Post by MK » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:06 pm

How sad is this. I just replayed all of Space Quest 5 last night, and went all the way though without any hints. To make it worse I have not played it in years. Probably the last time I played it was back in 2000-2001. I was looking looking into playing SQ4 tonight when I came across.

http://spacequest.wikia.com/wiki/Room_R ... al_Reasons
http://spacequest.wikia.com/wiki/Space_ ... ion_Update

Man good times. I still think SQ3 was the best of the series and SQ4 comes in a close second.  I remember the first time I saw SQ4 in MCGA in a CompUSA, and was like WOW look at those colors, it like photo realistic. OK that might be an over exaggeration, but the EGA to MCGA was a huge jump for graphics, and at the time Sierra was the only one who had something like that.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#36 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:06 am

Heh.  I forgot I made Jodo Quest.

And HOLY CRAP - I forgot just how crazy that dude was.  I mean, really, his sense of logic was astounding!  Good times.

I love you guys.  

And, wow, posts signed with my real name instead of the ubercool "Bt" sig.

Bt

Lambonius
Knight Status

#37 Post by Lambonius » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:Heh.  I forgot I made Jodo Quest.
I think Jodo Quest deserves a repost, for those of us who "missed out" the first time around...what do you say?   ;)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#38 Post by Erpy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Sorry, but posting that game here goes a little bit too far for my tastes.

Lambonius
Knight Status

#39 Post by Lambonius » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:38 pm

Erpy wrote:Sorry, but posting that game here goes a little bit too far for my tastes.
:) Fair enough.  The whole spectacle was quite an enlightening read though, if not a humorous and, at times, slightly obnoxious one.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#40 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:36 pm

Jodo Quest... I don't even have it on my computer.  I don't know where that is!  Best, like Erpy says, to leave it to the sands of time.  Funny in it's moment, now... well, it's just a crappy game.

But, man, that guy "Jodo" was a piece of work.  

Still, lots of names in those threads of regulars I miss.

Bt

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#41 Post by Klytos » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:27 am

Wow. Thanks for that Erpy! I'd forgotten about the whole Jodo Kast thing a long time ago. Good to see some old familiar names there. Can you believe that was FIVE YEARS AGO???

I have a copy of BT's demo. If anyone wants it, I've uploaded it onto Kazza Lite.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Yeesh

#42 Post by Brainiac » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:33 am

Klytos wrote:I have a copy of BT's demo. If anyone wants it, I've uploaded it onto Kazza Lite.
<snort> You're just bad, Klytos. :p

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#43 Post by Gronagor » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 am

Hmmm... seems we were blacklisted. Can't find it.   :rollin
Guess we're all considered spammers, eh Klytos?  :lol

I remember I ignored the threads most of the time. Was frustrating to read. Although I do remember I mentioned to someone, somwhere, that simply redoing the backgrounds won't be good enough for CB. Quite a bit of research would have to be done for the Architecture and styles.

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#44 Post by DonQuixote » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:47 pm

QG2 seems like the only game that AGDI could or would want to work on.  There's not much to add or improve upon with the other games.  As far as QG3 goes, I don't think it was incomplete to begin with.  Sure the game didn't have as much to it as the others, but I always felt like it was meant to be a filler of some sort, a QfG 2.5 (with there being four games in the series).

What about upgraded versions by AGDI?  Could be for any Sierra game.

AGP
Royal Servant Status

#45 Post by AGP » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:59 am

Erpy, I forgot I had asked the question. Thanks a lot for an amusing hour. So did Jodo just leave the face of the earth, or did he come back for more?

By the way, I have to say that at the very beginning, even though he was very pushy, I think people were having a little too much fun with him.

And Don Quixote, in point of fact Quest for Glory 3 was a filler. The Coles didn't want to go from the desert straight into Mordavia as they had originally planned. That's why, at the end of 2, we get the "QG3: Shadows of Darkness" message.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#46 Post by Erpy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:23 am

After we locked those threads, we asked the subject to be dropped. He refused to do so, since our forums were his "base of operations", so we had to give him a temporary ban. The whole circus then repeated itself on several other forums across the web. He once returned under the name Powerhouse where he claimed the cancelled Sam and Max project from Lucasarts was really due to the LBCBR-project and Jodo bugging them. He also insisted we gave up our KQ1VGA source code to him, so he could use it to write code that would auto-generate his project for him. It was kinda funny, but got locked eventually all the same. It never got moved away, so eventually it was lost in a forum pruning process.

Maybe people were having fun with him, but keep in mind that we got overambitious "I'm gonna be the next grand remaker"-visitors all the time. Eventually, you get to adopt a certain standard skepticism with those people until they prove their worth with actions.

Allergic to Katta
Peasant Status

#47 Post by Allergic to Katta » Fri May 16, 2008 9:11 pm

This thread got my hopes up...  it should have been named "QG3 won't be remade anytime soon and remember that guy?"

So...   what IS next for AGD?  

Any plans or ideas yet?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#48 Post by Gronagor » Fri May 16, 2008 10:53 pm

Good question!!! There was the one thing AGD2 mentioned in one of the old 'Designer Journal' entries.... hmmm....

edit:  I checked. It was on 01-23-06

But that can mean anything.

CrazyStalker
Peasant Status

#49 Post by CrazyStalker » Sat May 17, 2008 12:21 am

After they finish QFG2 they will start working in the ''VACATIONS!'' project.

They deserve it.

Kloreep
Knight Status

#50 Post by Kloreep » Sat May 17, 2008 1:57 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess their next project will be codenamed "commercial game we can actually sell for money"