QUEST FOR GLORY HOW ????

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

QUEST FOR GLORY HOW ????

#1 Post by gogogoff » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:38 pm

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:07 pm

I recall that there was some patch, or collection of patches, that modified your game to "play" as Elsa or Magnum Opus. As Elsa, you had a bow that could function and Magnum had some barbed spear that was exclusive to him. (and could not be thrown) When Elsa used her bow, she didn't have a shooting animation though and the bow was kinda "stuck" on her hand. I think I noticed that in that movie too. In addition, there were points in the game where you'd get stuck with those patches and everybody still referred to you as the Prince of Shapeir, so it was much more for fun than for a totally different playing experience.

I suppose someone installed those mods and then recorded that movie.

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by gogogoff » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Erpy wrote:I recall that there was some patch, or collection of patches, that modified your game to "play" as Elsa or Magnum Opus. As Elsa, you had a bow that could function and Magnum had some barbed spear that was exclusive to him. (and could not be thrown) When Elsa used her bow, she didn't have a shooting animation though and the bow was kinda "stuck" on her hand. I think I noticed that in that movie too. In addition, there were points in the game where you'd get stuck with those patches and everybody still referred to you as the Prince of Shapeir, so it was much more for fun than for a totally different playing experience.

I suppose someone installed those mods and then recorded that movie.

Does anyone have them ?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:35 pm

strange that no one asked me about that

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Heh

#5 Post by Brainiac » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:23 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:strange that no one asked me about that
Not really.  You're just the mindless fan; I'm the smart one. :p

Anyways, Elsa and Magnum were slated to be controllable for the aborted multiplayer expansion (which was also said to include Wizard's Whirl and Punny Bones).  Elsa was the only character properly designed to use the Bow or the Magic Bow (thus letting all those arrows taken from Mercenaries serve some purpose); the other characters lacked proper positioning of the weapon and shooting animations as Erpy mentioned.  Magnum Opus recieved the throwable-only Notched Spear and the Ornate Shield (in between the Shield and Magic Shield in terms of Armor Class).

Saved games for each character as Fighter, Wizard, Thief, Paladin, and Classless can be found here, here, or here.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#6 Post by Paladinlover » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:08 pm

There's also another patch that permits the use of Magnum. There are lots of restrictions, since you can't sleep in the Gnome Inn without the game crashing (or so I remember, I haven't played the full game with Magnum in over 6 or 7 years, and I never fully played with Elsa). Some characters do notice the character difference... Shakra's the first one to come to mind. But other than that, it has a very incomplete feel to it and the novelity will wear off after a short bit anyway.

BTW, I have the patches with me, if you're interested, just ask and I'll email it you.

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#7 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:37 pm

if only my Dragon Fire worked, secretly it was one of my favorites.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#8 Post by Paladinlover » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:38 pm

What's the problem, QFGfan? Why's it not working?

Till next time stay cool :smokin

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#9 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:45 pm

I lost my play disc several years back. Buying a new one is 40 bucks on Amazon. I'm considering doing it through ISO if I can't find anyone that has it.

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by gogogoff » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:20 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:I lost my play disc several years back. Buying a new one is 40 bucks on Amazon. I'm considering doing it through ISO if I can't find anyone that has it.
I saw one on Ebay for 10$ the other day.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#11 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:27 am

which makes one wonder what's wrong with it.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#12 Post by Klytos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:18 pm

The game is 10 years old? That's what is usually wrong with it.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#13 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:24 am

moreso though I just don't trust Ebay at all since I bought a corrupt copy of Final Fantasy III for fifty bucks.

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by gogogoff » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:51 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:moreso though I just don't trust Ebay at all since I bought a corrupt copy of Final Fantasy III for fifty bucks.
:rollin