Post subject: QUEST FOR GLORY HOW ????
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:38 pm 
Royal Servant Status

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYG1Stk8eXs

how is this done ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:07 pm 
Forum Administrator

I recall that there was some patch, or collection of patches, that modified your game to "play" as Elsa or Magnum Opus. As Elsa, you had a bow that could function and Magnum had some barbed spear that was exclusive to him. (and could not be thrown) When Elsa used her bow, she didn't have a shooting animation though and the bow was kinda "stuck" on her hand. I think I noticed that in that movie too. In addition, there were points in the game where you'd get stuck with those patches and everybody still referred to you as the Prince of Shapeir, so it was much more for fun than for a totally different playing experience.

I suppose someone installed those mods and then recorded that movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:11 pm 
Royal Servant Status

Erpy wrote:
I recall that there was some patch, or collection of patches, that modified your game to "play" as Elsa or Magnum Opus. As Elsa, you had a bow that could function and Magnum had some barbed spear that was exclusive to him. (and could not be thrown) When Elsa used her bow, she didn't have a shooting animation though and the bow was kinda "stuck" on her hand. I think I noticed that in that movie too. In addition, there were points in the game where you'd get stuck with those patches and everybody still referred to you as the Prince of Shapeir, so it was much more for fun than for a totally different playing experience.

I suppose someone installed those mods and then recorded that movie.

Does anyone have them ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:35 pm 
Slacker of Shapeir

strange that no one asked me about that

Calik Status: Hero of Speilburg Has become the Prince of Shapier and a Hero among Tarnans, after freeing the Mordavians from eternal fear he was zapped to the land of Silmaria where an import bug has him trapped between worlds.
4/5

Post subject: Heh
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:23 am 
Royal Vizier Status

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:
strange that no one asked me about that

Not really.  You're just the mindless fan; I'm the smart one. :p

Anyways, Elsa and Magnum were slated to be controllable for the aborted multiplayer expansion (which was also said to include Wizard's Whirl and Punny Bones).  Elsa was the only character properly designed to use the Bow or the Magic Bow (thus letting all those arrows taken from Mercenaries serve some purpose); the other characters lacked proper positioning of the weapon and shooting animations as Erpy mentioned.  Magnum Opus recieved the throwable-only Notched Spear and the Ornate Shield (in between the Shield and Magic Shield in terms of Armor Class).

Saved games for each character as Fighter, Wizard, Thief, Paladin, and Classless can be found here, here, or here.

Official Member of the VGL Street Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:08 pm 
Knight Status

There's also another patch that permits the use of Magnum. There are lots of restrictions, since you can't sleep in the Gnome Inn without the game crashing (or so I remember, I haven't played the full game with Magnum in over 6 or 7 years, and I never fully played with Elsa). Some characters do notice the character difference... Shakra's the first one to come to mind. But other than that, it has a very incomplete feel to it and the novelity will wear off after a short bit anyway.

BTW, I have the patches with me, if you're interested, just ask and I'll email it you.

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:37 pm 
Slacker of Shapeir

if only my Dragon Fire worked, secretly it was one of my favorites.

Calik Status: Hero of Speilburg Has become the Prince of Shapier and a Hero among Tarnans, after freeing the Mordavians from eternal fear he was zapped to the land of Silmaria where an import bug has him trapped between worlds.
4/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:38 pm 
Knight Status

What's the problem, QFGfan? Why's it not working?

Till next time stay cool :smokin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:45 pm 
Slacker of Shapeir

I lost my play disc several years back. Buying a new one is 40 bucks on Amazon. I'm considering doing it through ISO if I can't find anyone that has it.

4/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:20 pm 
Royal Servant Status

I lost my play disc several years back. Buying a new one is 40 bucks on Amazon. I'm considering doing it through ISO if I can't find anyone that has it.

I saw one on Ebay for 10$ the other day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:27 am 
Slacker of Shapeir

which makes one wonder what's wrong with it.

4/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:18 pm 
Infamous Sheik of Australia

The game is 10 years old? That's what is usually wrong with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:24 am 
Slacker of Shapeir

moreso though I just don't trust Ebay at all since I bought a corrupt copy of Final Fantasy III for fifty bucks.

4/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:51 am 
Royal Servant Status

moreso though I just don't trust Ebay at all since I bought a corrupt copy of Final Fantasy III for fifty bucks.

:rollin