POLL: Who would blow up with happieness for a new QFG

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Would you do anything to have Sierra make more QFG games

Poll ended at Sat May 03, 2008 10:04 pm

Yes, i would kill to see another QFG
36%
No, I have accepted the loss of the GREATEST Role Playing games ever
36%
Maybe
27%

Total votes: 11

dragonflame9900
Peasant Status

POLL: Who would blow up with happieness for a new QFG

#1 Post by dragonflame9900 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:04 pm

I dont know about you, But if Sierra started to come out with new QFG games i would die a happy man

greensenshi
Knight Status

#2 Post by greensenshi » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Um, I don't know about killing per se, but it would be nice, and I would be happy.[/i]

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#3 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:53 am

even if they released a working anthology I'd be happy and non of that vivendi re-release crap we just went through.

haradan
Knight Status

#4 Post by haradan » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:58 am

Honestly? I would only be glad if Corey and Lori were making it. If Vivendi announced a new QFG, I would do my best to put a bomb in their office and prevent them from destroying the greatest adventure series of all time.
Just picture our hero in mini-puzzle style, 3D action paced environment...Ough! (Shivers.)

Magna Cum Laude anyone? :x

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:33 am

I think the QFG-series are fine the way they are. A new QFG would almost certainly be a MMORPG environment (whether the Coles were involved or not) and I personally prefer to play games that have a beginning and an end.

dragonflame9900
Peasant Status

think about it

#6 Post by dragonflame9900 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:11 pm

Actually now that u meantion mmorpg i think that would be pretty cool

greensenshi
Knight Status

#7 Post by greensenshi » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:02 pm

I would have to veto the MMO idea too.  QFG wasn't designed for an MMO.  I'd want it to be adventure/RPG hybrid.  And yea, the Coles would have to make it.

Mitch
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Mitch » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Luckily Corey and Lori Cole have the right's to QFG   :D

And yes I would love a new QFG!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:26 pm

The Coles don't have the rights to QFG. Vivendi does.

Mitch
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Mitch » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 pm

Erpy wrote:The Coles don't have the rights to QFG. Vivendi does.

But I saw in an interview from the Coles themselves, (forgot the website :\)
That they do indeed still have the rights, that would explain why hasn't Vivendi released a QFG Pack like they have with all the others.  :)

Mitch
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Mitch » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Oh wait, I just found that website

http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/i ... views/323/

I read it wrong, they don't have the rights  :(

JustLuke32
Royal Servant Status

Re: POLL: Who would blow up with happieness for a new QFG

#12 Post by JustLuke32 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:35 pm

I'd love to see another QfG. Something with the production values of the upcoming A Vampyre's Story. Preferably, the game would be written and designed by the Coles, or at leas with their input, but fresh blood might be able to create something interesting too. Ideally, I'd prefer to see someone create a game inspired by QfG, but free of the baggage and restrictions that come with being an official installment.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#13 Post by Brainiac » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:45 pm

Well, it may not be A Vampyre Story's production level, but...begin the detonation (check the May 1st entry).

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by JonWW » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:52 am

..."School for Heroes", an interactive fiction adventure for readers and players of all ages.
Is it going to be like a choose your own adventure book, or a graphic adventure game?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#15 Post by Brainiac » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:29 pm

JonWW wrote:Is it going to be like a choose your own adventure book, or a graphic adventure game?
It's Malinche Entertainment; they specialize in Interactive Fiction (aka old-school text adventures).

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by JonWW » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:42 pm

It's supposed to be playable on Nintendo DS. It would be cool if it's one of them text adventures that have the backgrounds drawn. The top screen could have the background and the bottom the story, and where you write your actions, or select them... Not sure how Malinche Entertainment handles their games on Nintendo DS...

Edit: I went to the Malinche Entertainment site to see if I could find information on how their games play on Nintendo DS, and downloaded one of the free games, Azteca, from the site. The top screen is where the story is displayed, and the bottom screen is used for the interface. There are icons around the screen for common commands such as: THROW, WEAR, GO NORTH, SAY, GO, LOOK, GO EAST, GO SOUTH, KILL, DIG, OPEN, GO WEST, and GET. There is also an ok icon that acts as an Enter key. You can write letters in the middle of the screen (It doesn't seem to recognize some letters well) or press the X button to pick a screen that you can just touch the letter you want. This screen also helps you figure out how you should write letters for the game to recognize them. You can also press the A button as an Enter key.

You need to be able to play homebrew on your Nintendo DS. I used MAX Media Player from datel.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#17 Post by Schloss Ritter » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 pm

Erpy wrote:I think the QFG-series are fine the way they are. A new QFG would almost certainly be a MMORPG environment (whether the Coles were involved or not) and I personally prefer to play games that have a beginning and an end.

Yeah, quoting an old post, but I just saw it...

QfG5 almost had an MMO option of sorts (maybe not massively), but they couldn't get the multiplayer component designed in time for release. (I think Erpy knows this, but just a FYI for those who may not).

FamousAdventurer77
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by FamousAdventurer77 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:02 pm

It's not just Magna Cum Laude, look at all these other crappy games on the market that have basically sullied the good name of adventure gaming.

Out of curiosity I tried out a bunch of the Nancy Drew games because I loved reading the books growing up, and I loved mystery games like Eagle Eye Mysteries and the old school Sherlock Holmes games...and they were being marketed as "adventure games".

Um...suckage. Is the one word I can use to sum a huge angry nerd rant. Between bad character design, weak plots, stupid puzzles, and well...you don't actually SOLVE the mystery.

Let's look at a good game, like Eagle Eye Mysteries. There you had to gather clues, interview suspects, and the mystery and story themselves were intertwined-- and in EEM London, there was even an underlying plot connecting ALL 25-someodd mysteries you solved. I played that game when I was 10, 11 years old...played it again recently and some of it's challenging even for an adult.

The Nancy Drew games just suck. They're a bunch of badly-connected and badly designed puzzles where everything leads to the same result. There's no actual intuition, critical thinking, or logical reasoning involved. And the stories themselves are just weak and crappy..."Danger By Design" was the absolute crappiest one.

Classic adventure gaming hasn't completely upped and died, providing people like us who like to think keep it going.

But I'm with the majority here: If Vivendi puts out another Quest For Glory? It's going to be one ugly mess. Maybe not as bad as the Nancy Drew games I just talked about, but probably in the same vicinity.