Activision Blizzard

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

Activision Blizzard

#1 Post by Gronagor » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:45 pm

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Essential Query

#2 Post by Brainiac » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:22 am

And now the most important question...

...what does this mean for the Sierra licenses?

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

Re: Activision Blizzard

#3 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:52 am

No change. We've already spoken to our contact with Vivendi. We continue on like have been.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Hopes for Blizzard

#4 Post by Brainiac » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:50 pm

Good to know. I recall Blizzard having ads in the old InterAction Magazine - perhaps they'd actually be willing to do something with the properties at some point (or at least sell the rights to someone who will).

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#5 Post by Gronagor » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Well... one of the guys in charge of A-B is also the CEO of the Sierra brand, so maybe....

maybe pleading to A-B wouldn't be such a bad idea! Maybe using these channels may work...
We've got a number of old Sierra fans in Blizzard, and one or two from our community... so, who knows. :)

Sandsai
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Sandsai » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:42 pm

I don't think the move means much in so far as day-to-day operations are concerned. You might and probably will see lay-offs but thats about it. Mergers are a good way to knock out the competition. I suspect this is what happened here.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#7 Post by Gronagor » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Nah, I don't think there will be lay-offs considering the long list of open job positions on Blizzard's site.

Sandsai
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Sandsai » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:16 pm

Gronagor wrote:Nah, I don't think there will be lay-offs considering the long list of open job positions on Blizzard's site.
Blizzard is neither the target nor the acquiring entity. It is a sub of Vivendi. Vivendi effectively bought Activision and is in control. You should expect lay-offs on the Activision side, not on Vivendi's end. Albeit lay-offs in either end are likely, I would just expect the target to be trimmed a bit more than home base. I remember seeing the proposal some time ago and you could probably google it and check out the structure of the deal.