Off Topic: QFG5 Elsa Demo.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

alfdaur
Peasant Status

Off Topic: QFG5 Elsa Demo.

#1 Post by alfdaur » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:47 pm

So, as per the subject Title I'm going a bit off Topic, hope it's all right :)

I'm trying to find the QFG5 Elsa Demo, but can't seem to find it anywhere on the net.. all I can find is the one where you go to the Island to defeat the evil Wizard. There was 2 demos released for Dragonfire (that I know of); apart from the kill evil Wizard on island demo, there was also a demo where you could run around in the main city on the island on Marete and pick up weapones, etc. You could also control Elsa (See thread subject). Anyway, I don't think it was called the Elsa demo, that was just me making up names again.

If anyone know where I could get a copy of that demo then that would be much appreciated :)

edit: Just noticed that this was moved to the Off-topic forum... and just noticed that there _was_ an off topic forum. somewhat embarrased now, haha :P

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

Re: Off Topic: QFG5 Elsa Demo.

#2 Post by ATMachine » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:26 pm

IIRC the Elsa demo is included on the QFG5 soundtrack CD. I have it somewhere.. let me see if I can dig it out.

EDIT: As the demo is on the CD release of the fifth game's soundtrack, which was sold commercially with the second QFG collection, I think it would be quite probably illegal to provide it, unfortunately, and at any rate it's likely the files need to be read from a CD to install properly.

Ebay may help.

alfdaur
Peasant Status

#3 Post by alfdaur » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:51 pm

I dont know anything about it being on the soundtrack I'm afraid, but I know it was included on a demo-cd that I got with a norwegian computer magazine (as in a public demo thingie) 1997-98 or something. Anyway, I appreciate your reply, I did actually manage to track it down 5 min ago... Not going to post the link just in case you're right, but it was called qg5sneakpeek.

I might get my GF to install it on her computer and check out the multiplayer part of it.. last we saw of the legendary multiplayer before it was scrapped :(

Dasilva
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Dasilva » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:24 am

The demo is up for download at Fileplanet, Its just a demo so its okay to spread around: http://www.fileplanet.com/11513/10000/f ... ragon-Fire

;)

Jamy
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Jamy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:05 pm

In addition to the "Sneak Peak" demo, you can play Elsa (and Magnum) in the full game with the add-on available through geocities.com/qg5

oughtobe

#6 Post by oughtobe » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:10 pm

so that demo has a sample of the multiplayer part? whats it like?

*update*

i got the demo working, i would like to host a game, is anybody willing to join me and try it out?
Last edited by oughtobe on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

oughtobe

#7 Post by oughtobe » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Jamy wrote:In addition to the "Sneak Peak" demo, you can play Elsa (and Magnum) in the full game with the add-on available through geocities.com/qg5
what is this add-on? its for the full game? was it an official sierra release?

Keenermart
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Keenermart » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:30 pm

How does that add-on work? What I mean is... I've downloaded it.. What do I need to do in order for it to work in the game?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Brainiac » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 pm

If you're referring to Jamy's add-on, nothing. As long as you have the required .NET framework to install the thing, it works on its own. There will be a program called "Alternate Heroes" that will allow you to alternate between Elsa, Magnum, and the Hero (complete with their own separated save folders) before starting QfG5. You have to access this option through that program, not the Dragon Fire executable. If you use the DF executable instead, your saves will be whichever of the three characters you last started with. Also, you'll want to start with the saves included for Elsa and Magnum rather than creating/importing a character.