fighting rakeesh

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

techie775
Knight Status

fighting rakeesh

#1 Post by techie775 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:14 pm

I wouldn't consider this a bug, more of a typo, but in the original qfg2 if you fought rakeesh on day sixteen in the guild after the battle,he'd say you were very good with your sword, even if you were just using a dagger (wizard, thief). If they originally wanted just the fighter to have the duel with Rakeesh, barring the theif and wizard from doing that would have made more sense. Either that or say "you are very good with your weapon". Did you guys change that statement or is that something you'd leave alone?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: fighting rakeesh

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:43 pm

In the remake, Rakeesh will only spar with the Fighter. We also made sure to change all references of 'sword' to 'weapon' when he's speaking to non-Fighters.

techie775
Knight Status

#3 Post by techie775 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Ok, that's neat. Thanks for the quick reply.

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by JonWW » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:15 am

Only spar with the Fighter Class? :( How about EOF is that just for Fighter's as well? WIT only for Magic Users or anyone that can use magic?

Muadeeb
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Muadeeb » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:42 am

EOF was always for fighters only, and WIT for anyone with the necessary spells. If your mage or thief got into EOF, it's only because QFG2 didn't recognize your import properly and defaulted to fighter.

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by JonWW » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:26 pm

My Hybrid Thief character was able to go to EOF. I already had chain mail from QFG1, and I bought a sword and shield in QFG2. Maybe you have to have the parry skill to do EOF in QFG2EGA I'm not sure. He didn't get a EOF Secret membership badge, and didn't get the "EOF ending", but was invited to the EOF initiation.

Muadeeb
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by Muadeeb » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:00 pm

You'll know if you char imported wrong if you have a fighter pic in the status screen. Also, if you get points for asking Uhura about ghouls (or other fighter specific points)

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:45 pm

Muadeeb wrote:EOF was always for fighters only, and WIT for anyone with the necessary spells. If your mage or thief got into EOF, it's only because QFG2 didn't recognize your import properly and defaulted to fighter.
So as a fighter with full stats, is it possible to do everything the mage does and the thief, as well as the fighter? Also can you do all that and still become a paladin? and is it gonna be the same in the remake?

On a side note, if doing everything as a fighter isn't possible, would it have been hard to make a free class, where you can do everything?

darkgamorck
Peasant Status

#9 Post by darkgamorck » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:24 pm

Muadeeb wrote:EOF was always for fighters only, and WIT for anyone with the necessary spells. If your mage or thief got into EOF, it's only because QFG2 didn't recognize your import properly and defaulted to fighter.
That's simply not true. I've played dozens of thief characters with the parry skill through QFG2 and all of them were invited to the EOF. I don't know the exact requirements, but I figure the following covers most of it:

1) Beating Rakeesh in battle
2) Beating Uhura in battle
3) Beating Ishur in Arm Wrestling
4) Having the Parry Skill

The only thing I couldn't do as a hybrid thief was actually attempt to fight Khaveen instead of casting calm on him if I opted to enter the palace directly. Unless you are a fighter, the game insta-kills you if you attempt to fight Khaveen.

Make no mistake, I was a hybrid thief from QFG1 with all of the skills lit up. I didn't even have chain mail because I typically found it was too heavy (especially in QFG1).

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#10 Post by Boogeyman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:59 am

No, no, no. I was able to have my Wizard fight Khaveen after sucking a blue frog to get a sword.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#11 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:46 am

So as a fighter with full stats, is it possible to do everything the mage does and the thief, as well as the fighter? Also can you do all that and still become a paladin? and is it gonna be the same in the remake?
AGD2 did play as a fighter with all skills during his final playthoughs. You can do most stuff, with the exception of one wizard-related feature and one thief-related feature. Oh, and you obviously can't become a paladin if you start doing illegal stuff. That said, QFG3 gets really confused when importing a fighter with all stats and spells and deems him a wizard...good thing you can pick your class when importing into the 3rd game.

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#12 Post by JonWW » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:18 am

Is the Wizard related and Thief related feature something that has been added to the remake?