Losing honor points on purpose in QFG 2 vga remake

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

Losing honor points on purpose in QFG 2 vga remake

#1 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi again i wonder if you will be able to try and lose honor points on purpose just like in the ega original.
To lose honor points the quickest just throw rocks at Aziza door on day 16 after finishing seeing her for the last time.
Make sure you have plenty of healing potions or your health will reach 0 and you will die.

Now you all might want to know why i would want my honor to be 0 when i leave to go to rasier.
Because when i finish playing this game as a fighter i want to be able to import my character to QFG 3 as a fighter and play through without becoming a paladin.
But it is to easy to become a paladin in the 3rd game. The only way i know to stay as a fighter is to make sure your honor is less than 100 in the 3rd game.And there is not that many ways to lose a lot of honor points in the 3rd game and no way to disqualify you from becoming a paladin.
So i hope in this remake you can still lose honor points on purpose.

John

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Losing honor points on purpose in QFG 2 vga remake

#2 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Yeah, it's possible to lose honor points in Qfg2vga too. Although if you want to avoid becoming a paladin in QFG3, the best way to go about it is to walk into the bazaar at night (where Harami is) and then walk out again without giving him anything or talking to him. Keep leaving and re-entering and your honor will be down in no time.

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:39 pm

Thanks Erpy i never knew you could keep losing honor by leaving and re-entering the bazaar at night while ignoring Harami is there?
I will try that next time.

John

Kloreep
Knight Status

#4 Post by Kloreep » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:35 pm

I recall reading that there are also a few specific acts you MUST do to become a paladin in QFG3, it's not only points based. IIRC you can avoid Paladinhood if you refuse to swear your honor to the peace mission. (What's more apt for a fighter than not believing in peace? ;))

Sandsai
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Sandsai » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:09 pm

Kloreep wrote:I recall reading that there are also a few specific acts you MUST do to become a paladin in QFG3, it's not only points based. IIRC you can avoid Paladinhood if you refuse to swear your honor to the peace mission. (What's more apt for a fighter than not believing in peace? ;))
*POSSIBLE SPOILER?*

In QFG2 honor was different from pally points. The easy way to insure you would not become a pally would to be to go and fight and kill the Griffin instead of just taking the feather off the ground. The way QFG2 is set up is that after losing these pally points it will be impossible to be a pally. These points are distinct and separate from honor points. I am not aware whether this kind of system is to be implemented in the remake.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:21 pm

It's the same in the remake. Killing the griffin results in 5 points being deducted from your paladinpoints count. In addition, there are some things that instantly kill off the ability to become a paladin, such as breaking in or killing people who aren't an immediate threat.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#7 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:26 pm

In the original game, killing the griffin was an instant disqualifier for Paladinhood, but in the remake it's not. This, too, was changed due to retrospective feedback that the Coles had mentioned.