Best Tierra/AGDI Forum Moments

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Best Tierra/AGDI Forum Moments

#26 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:56 pm

Avatar game? I don't remember this. Does someone still have it?

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#27 Post by Fribbi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Didn't Fribbi make a game? I might be wrong but for some reason that's sticking out in my mind.
Yes that's right but none of them worked as they should do. I have not ben working on any games now except The Fluxworld wich I helped Fluxmaster with. :p

My most memorable think here is of course when AGDInteractive/Tierra made a special fan page with all of my fan arts and comic's. Wich was then deleted and only four of them was left alone wich is now all gone now. :cry

Has it really ben 7 years since I started to come here making a lots of lousy jokes. :eek
Wow it is like I'm on my last season year in Hogward School with Harry Potter hehehe. :rollin
I have sure grown up and learned a lot how to make games in all these years. I just haven't had my luck to make one game. :(
:smokin
Last edited by Fribbi on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#28 Post by Spikey » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:44 pm

Please Angelus, post the Avatar game again?

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#29 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:24 pm

Great thread Broomie!!

Its a shame we couldnt save most of the good ol EZBoard threads in the Archive Forum before they dropped off.

My favourite moment was when Vildern, TheKnight, VampD3 and myself all had a puppet show using Erpy's sig pics of Nash to impersonate him and confuse every other member who simply saw the pic of Nash in the post and assumed Erpy had said it. That was totally hilarious. We all went over the "Post Limit" that day and I recall Vildern posting as VildernXXX and VildernCIA which was hilarious in itself.

There have been so many great threads and conversation's over the years and I think we all have become really good friends its just a shame as with all things time takes its toll.

And yes Vildern and I did make some games, he made Dangerous Mac and I made the Catch the Avatar game, which as anathoth8 (another great guy) pointed out that instead of clicking on the avatars to catch them you could just hold the mouse button down to easily capture them all!!

I'll have a look through my HDD and see if I can find them. I remember Spikey was in a bonus level which I myself forget how to unlock lol, in the final level players had to rescue VampD3 from the evil clutches of Erpy the Admin lol!!

Then of course there were the more serious threads like The Little Miracle which everyone really helped VampD3 and I decide whether or not to keep our unborn child at the time (we did, don't worry!) it's just things like that, that show you how powerful our community we have built here is.

I think it's fair to say that we have become kind of a family and we can only thank each and everyone of ourselves for that, and the good thing is that our family continues to grow everyday with more and more members!

EDIT: OMG!! Found loads of old stuff including Deb and I "Our Voice" clips from the thread where we all made recordings to show what we sounded like. I've found alot of stuff including Dangerous Mac and Catch the Avatar so I'll get uploading it all. Back in the old days I also used to host alot of people's avatars so I'll upload those too lol

EDIT: Also there is www.eternal-anubis.com the website Deb and I made a few years ago with loads of stuff on it. The forums are still there but were closed awhile ago to stop spammers crapping all over it.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#30 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:56 pm

I've had a lot of fond memories.

This place gave me a lot of entertainment, especially for the past five years - I've had a lot of down/sick time due to my kidneys, and it was nice to find a place where people played the classic Sierra games. I enjoyed finding people around my age who grew up with the games, and I was happy to find some younger guys (and gals) who played the games as well.

Bt

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#31 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Here is Catch the Avatar made by ME!!

and

Here is Dangerous Mac made by Vildern!!

Enjoy!

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#32 Post by Gronagor » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:31 pm

Well... there was the many funny pics made by the IA group to joke about the LucasFan and AGDI saga.
As well as the pics made by the same bunch showing some gruesome 'spoof' ways to die in KQ. :)

MusicallyInspired

#33 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:31 pm

I remember when Broomie made these little sprite versions of all of us and then later created a flash music video of the Camelot song by Monty Python (in which Jodo played a key role). Pure genius.

Broomie
The Enigma

#34 Post by Broomie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:33 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:I remember when Broomie made these little sprite versions of all of us and then later created a flash music video of the Camelot song by Monty Python (in which Jodo played a key role). Pure genius.

Wow, just found this old gem with some of the ancient forum posts here. The picture above looks like it's a promo poster for a horribly failed serial drama. For those who are probably wondering, Bromios was my old screen name and for those who are wondering even further, I made these because I thought it was fun! And from the recent posts in this thread, because we'd all developed a bond where things like this weren't considered weird... well not that weird anyway. I don't remember who half the people were in this picture, I'm sure you're one of them MI. (I think you're the guy in grey at the back with the guitar slung behind his back) That was a fun moment though, I even planned to make a small adventure game with all the members of the forum but I only managed to make bit which involved you trying to break into the AGDI HQ to steal the QFG2VGA source code but I never bothered to finish it. Please... don't ask me to look for it. It's long gone.

As for Camelot? Here it is.

Although I warn you, it's become terribly out of sync so it probably won't look very good. I must have made this 4 years ago which is when I started to make these little sprites. Gah! The quality is terrible but not too bad for a flash newbie. Still am actually, haven't touched the thing in years apart from small website related files.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#35 Post by PotatoSlayer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:43 pm

Dude I just laughed so hard watching that flash that I burned myself with my cigarrette.

I almost don't like this thread cause it makes it feel like it's the end of an era or something. But I must get rid of my fear of change to get ready for the next big thing. I'm ready for the next 7 year wait

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#36 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:15 am

It's so weird to think how far I have come in life since I found these forums. I was a 19 year old college sophomore when I first discovered them. I was so intimidated by everyone at first - while I enjoy video games, I'm more of a casual gamer, and I'm not into the minor programming details and that sort of thing. But as I settled in, I had more fun and found a place where I could talk with people who enjoyed the same classic games that I did, and from that foundation, got to know more and more about everyone.

I remember crying when Chris and Deb's baby was born, because it was almost like it was someone in my own family. I remember coming here for boy advice on more than one occasion ... gotta wonder if my love and appreciation for computer geeks might have sprung up here. ;) (hey, it's nice to have someone in my life who will fix my computer for free!) :P I remember Vildern trying to teach me Hebrew... and, of course, my drunk posts. Can you believe I haven't been drunk in over two years??!! I may have to change that when QFG2VGA comes out....

So, I really can't pick a specific "moment." I think it's more of the friendships that have come out of here for me. Those college and grad school years were times of huge changes for me, and having people to talk to who weren't directly involved in all the drama and mess going on for me helped more than I could ever imagine. People like Blackthorne, who isn't as cranky as he claims to be, Brainiac, who is always available on the phone if I need him, and Klytos, the one who gave me a drunk dial that was legendary.

And now I'm getting sappy... :P

MusicallyInspired

#37 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:44 am

Broomie wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:I remember when Broomie made these little sprite versions of all of us and then later created a flash music video of the Camelot song by Monty Python (in which Jodo played a key role). Pure genius.

Wow, just found this old gem with some of the ancient forum posts here. The picture above looks like it's a promo poster for a horribly failed serial drama. For those who are probably wondering, Bromios was my old screen name and for those who are wondering even further, I made these because I thought it was fun! And from the recent posts in this thread, because we'd all developed a bond where things like this weren't considered weird... well not that weird anyway. I don't remember who half the people were in this picture, I'm sure you're one of them MI. (I think you're the guy in grey at the back with the guitar slung behind his back) That was a fun moment though, I even planned to make a small adventure game with all the members of the forum but I only managed to make bit which involved you trying to break into the AGDI HQ to steal the QFG2VGA source code but I never bothered to finish it. Please... don't ask me to look for it. It's long gone.

As for Camelot? Here it is.

Although I warn you, it's become terribly out of sync so it probably won't look very good. I must have made this 4 years ago which is when I started to make these little sprites. Gah! The quality is terrible but not too bad for a flash newbie. Still am actually, haven't touched the thing in years apart from small website related files.
Hahaha. That was great. I love the part where they all come out on the wharf from KQ3VGA and dance. That's the best.

I also recognize quite a few in that picture. Father Ghostface, the AGDs, Jafar, Anathoth, Angelus, QFGF, etc. Good times.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#38 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:09 am

So, I just went back and read through some of my old threads. Some of them were actually a little painful for me ... I made some really stupid decisions along the way. I especially made bad decisions about guys.

Then, there were the threads while I was in California .. and it was obvious that it wasn't the right decision for me.

And then, there were the threads that even now, reading them all these years later, got me choked up. Me proclaiming my sober appreciation for everyone, and Spikey simply saying, "I love you Steffi." My life was so screwed up back then...

In the past two years, though, things have finally - somewhat - come together. I feel bad that I basically "abandoned" the forums, but at the same time, the time I once spent online is now spent in other ways - hanging out with my amazing boyfriend (2 years back in June .. can you believe it???!!!!), working at a job I really don't enjoy, but hey, I have health insurance, looking for a new job, spending time with friends, playing volleyball, exercising in general, (I've lost 40 pounds in the past year, holy crap), and just being the best damn Steffi I can be.

I was so lost for awhile there, and AGDI and IA were really the only things I could count on for a long time. My "real life" friends weren't reliable, I was fighting with my parents non-stop, and I was in love with someone who was hurting me left and right. It wasn't until I realized I needed to come home that I was finally able to put things together. I discovered that I did have "real life" friends who cared about me, and I settled myself back into my home life. I got everything settled down and back in order just in time to have this guy from middle school get back in touch with me - this guy who used to call me ugly and stupid every day during 7th grade Spanish. Just like me, he had changed a lot over the years, and I decided to continue my "good decision" streak with him ... and that is one decision I have never once regretted. :)

I haven't ever forgotten this forum, the people here, and all they meant to me ... even if I'm not around much anymore.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#39 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:06 am

HEY. STEFFI.

I am JUST as cranky as I claim to be.

Sincerely,

A belligerent

Bt

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#40 Post by Spikey » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:05 am

I love you, Steffi.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#41 Post by Spikey » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:58 pm

LOL, more memories I found on my old webspace.

When chatting with Navynuke, I often used 1-minute fugly sketches to express what I meant. I believe these two were developed into actual forum themes;

Furthermore,
the death of the word game...:

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#42 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Nice Spikey!

What did you think of the Catch the Avatar game playing after all these years? Its fun but those damn sound effects can be pretty annoying lol!

Alliance
Knight Status

#43 Post by Alliance » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Good lord, a perfect thread to post in!

I have so many very fond memories here, as they were the first forums I ever signed up for. I was 12 then, and now I'm 18. And after 6 years of waiting, QFG2VGA is almost done.

I remember alot of things. I remember how funny TheKnight was, and when he left. I remember clinging on to Blackthorne, and him putting up with my young-ness. I remember Broomie starting and ending Fanventures. I remember all the games I tried to make, and how most of them went kerplunk. I remember Father Ghostface, and his awesome cartoon pictures he made.

And several times, I've left. Maybe it was due to the lack of posts for a while. I got sucked into several communities. The years went by, and somehow here I am again.

Oh yeah, and I remember the "Fake VGA Screenshots" games, those were a blast.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#44 Post by Spikey » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Didn't play it yet Ang, lol, I'm usually at work when posting here (go figure). I'll play it soon enough though ;). It may cause me to revert to my Northstar avatars.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#45 Post by Brainiac » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Angelus3K wrote:Here is Dangerous Mac made by Vildern!!
THAT'S the glitch game. As I recall, there was a demon added just after the last beta test that basically got caught in the walls and made it impossible to beat the fourth level. It was a sterling example of the eternal law, always retest after any new addition.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#46 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Is that the same version with the glitch? I recall Vildern lost the source files so couldnt fix it. Incidentally I found the source files when I found the games as he sent me the source to look over at the time.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#47 Post by Brainiac » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:16 pm

I don't think so. I played through to Level 4 and instantly recognized it. I did not see any of the demons get caught up in the walls of the narrow passages.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#48 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:01 pm

He may have fixed it then or as the enemies are coded to move randomly it could of been that. Although I'm sure his file was named version 1.1 so might be the fixed version.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#49 Post by Brainiac » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm sure it is. I remember the lengthy discussion on how several people couldn't get past one demon that got stuck (myself included) and the the admission a demon was added after testing was completed came out. Egg, meet face. :p It was indeed fixed (I think the offending enemy was simply removed) and a new version released with no further major issues.

Broomie
The Enigma

#50 Post by Broomie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:40 pm

I remember Broomie starting and ending Fanventures. I remember all the games I tried to make, and how most of them went kerplunk. I remember Father Ghostface, and his awesome cartoon pictures he made.
Ah, Fanventures. You know what, I completely forgot about what made it possible in the first place... Tierra Game Central. That was my first website experimentation and although I think it was a good attempt, it was a pretty big mess. Most of the content was simply copied off Tierra's main website making it more of a duplicate than a tribute site. It was fairly popular but nothing really worth visiting and was full of useless pre-web apps like guestbook, hit counter, splash screens... gah! I remember the TGC chatroom being a surprise hit, even creating special chat events involving the members of AGDI. That was a lot of fun and it would be nice to arrange another chat soon, although it seems they've become rather out of date for some reason as nobody really uses them anymore.

I remember having to change the name of TGC to reflect on Tierra's name change to AGDI and eventually came up with Door Of Destiny which never actually made it but was later turned into Fanventures which had it's brief run but sadly died after a botched back up. I didn't get much time anyway so it was for the best, but I may start up something soon... like a blog.

At least it won me AGDI Fan of the Year 2005 I guess. (or 2004... I don't remember)