Sierra's Resource Files

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Akril
Royal Servant Status

Sierra's Resource Files

#1 Post by Akril » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:30 pm

I might as well start a thread dedicated to this topic, since I've already plugged it once.

Sierra's Resource Files is a site dedicated to documenting some of the more interesting discoveries made in the resource files of Sierra's VGA and SVGA adventure games via SCI Viewer. The majority of the featured pages are described below:

King's Quest VII, Part I: This pages documents some of the many views cut from the game. In one, Edgar and Valanice are(presumably) racing to the Volcano Control Room; in another, Valanice tries to stab the giant scorpion with a stake; and in two others, Rosella gets harassed by the jackalope and the Boogeyman.

King's Quest VII, Part II: Lots of unused background art from the game here, as well as an abundance of pencil sketches. See an alternate version of the screen with the giant stone head, an unused scene from Vulcanix, and the pyramid/temple before its top was lopped off. There are also a few unused dialogue clips, which I extracted with Game Audio Player (one of which reveals the desert's "official" name!).

Shivers: Loads o' unused art here, as well as several mockups of the various documents, letters and puzzles that appear in the game (plus the infamous "Marcia Bales is a moron" animation).

Torin's Passage: A few pencil sketches, a couple of unused closeups and some unused animations, and not much else.

Leisure Suit Larry 7: An early walk cycle of Larry, some sketches and some prototypical talking animations.

Miscellaneous: Stuff from various games. Highlights include an unretouched video of a person in a StarCon uniform (SQ5), and an unused background from Freddy Pharkas.

Quest for Glory: Stuff from the QfG series. Whee.

Inside the Chest/Behind the Shield: The latest addition to the site. These are some graphics that for some reason never appeared in the "behind the scenes" programs that came with the KQ Collection. They're pretty low-quality, but quite interesting. Includes a gorgeous picture of Cassima.

There are also a few other pages that can be accessed via the main page. Have fun!

Dasilva
Peasant Status

Re: Sierra's Resource Files

#2 Post by Dasilva » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Pic 120: Cast from QFG3. Interestingly, Uhura has a different necklace than in QFG3. (contributed by Boogeyman 9-1-07, image contributed by Hypnos 8-4-08)
That image is such a great find! Specially QFG3 being one of my favourite adventure games. Thanks! :)

Akril
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Akril » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:39 am

You're welcome.

Hypnos
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Hypnos » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:32 pm

Akril wrote:You're welcome.