QFG2 VGA Prepartion - Show us your QFG1 character!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

darkgamorck
Peasant Status

QFG2 VGA Prepartion - Show us your QFG1 character!

#1 Post by darkgamorck » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:52 pm

In the spirit of keeping thing around here interesting until the release, I decided to post a few screen shots of my QFG1 character that I created and finished over the last few days in preparation for the QFG2 VGA release. I think it would be fun if we all did this and provided some background information on the character and our future intentions for it:

Un-Spoken is a fighter that prefers to indulge in as many options as possible when it comes to disposing of his enemies. His name, while odd, is actually something altogether different. The problem is that this name is rather unpronounceable, thus he soon acquired the nickname of "Un-Spoken" and has been going by it ever since. Un-Spoken's ultimate goal is to become a paladin though he has an obvious interest in the areas of magic and subterfuge as well.

Un-Spoken loves killing trolls. In fact using a combination of the calm, flame dart and dazzle spells generally ensures that he can continue to kill them without having to suffer through smelling them. Occasionally he'll still go head to head with one because at the end of the day, there is some very primitive satisfaction to be gained through cutting the throat of an unruly troll. Despite the fact that Un-Spoken has killed scores of brigands during his time in Spielburg, he has come to the realization that the taking of another human life is wrong and something that is only to be done in the most dire or circumstances. He finds that practicing magic and picking his nose are great ways to balance out the sharp edge that he is clearly capable of bringing to the table in any situation.

Un-Spoken enjoys long walks on the beach, bike riding and would like to meet somebody who can speak intelligently on the subject of arcane rituals without confusing simple reagents like cat fur and dog fur. After all such mistakes could lead to permanent damage being inflicted on an otherwise unsuspecting spell caster.

arganite
Royal Servant Status

Re: QFG2 VGA Prepartion - Show us your QFG1 character!

#2 Post by arganite » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:08 am

Oh god, I forgot to get an awesome character! Better load up QFG VGA and ill get back to you on my character information :).

oughtobe

#3 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:16 am

when you put it on debug mode, you can get an item called an aa, i think, maybe one more wierd items, were these just random tests of items or does anybody know what they were?

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by JonWW » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:21 am

That must be the Hero's Alcoholics Anonymous certificate. Too much Dragon Breath...

oughtobe

#5 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:27 am

JonWW wrote:That must be the Hero's Alcoholics Anonymous certificate. Too much Dragon Breath...
see this is what i'm talking about... you're joke isn't even funny, since one sip of dragon's breath is one too many, having to go to AA for Dragon's breath would be impossible.. The hero doesn't even seem to enjoy the other ale's, so it standing for alcoholics anonymous isn't even funny, if the hero was a lush, and dragon's breath made you do a funny dance or some shit, or if it was NA for doing too many fairy mushrooms, okay, that would have a little humour to it....

Tye
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Tye » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:00 am

Woa...that was a little hostile.
I thought what he said was humerous...*shrug* Don't get so concerned about small things like that.

Anyhow, I'll be posting my character soon! Woooo!

oughtobe

#7 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:15 am

Tye wrote: Don't get so concerned about small things like that.
small things? Humor is a broad concept, and it also express's your sense of life, It's not a small thing and I am very concerned about "things" like that...

A word of advice, you can voice your opinion, but please, don't tell me what to do or how to think... and then we can avoid the "hostile" attitude you were referring to...

Pablo Gonzalo
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Pablo Gonzalo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:22 am

Well that came right out of left field...

oughtobe

#9 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:27 am

Pablo Gonzalo wrote:Well that came right out of left field...
Does that make you feel a little off guard? It's okay to argue and have different opinions, I'm just trying to not be left out of right field...

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by arganite » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:14 am

oughtobe wrote:
Tye wrote: Don't get so concerned about small things like that.
small things? Humor is a broad concept, and it also express's your sense of life, It's not a small thing and I am very concerned about "things" like that...

A word of advice, you can voice your opinion, but please, don't tell me what to do or how to think... and then we can avoid the "hostile" attitude you were referring to...
You are the one who came into the topic with the hostile post.

Not to mention the hypocrisy of the statement: "don't tell me what to do or how to think". You are telling him what to do with that statement.

Tye
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Tye » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:26 am

I was simply implying that you took offense to something that wasn't directed at you in the least, and overacted by analyzing something he meant to be funny. Weather or not it was funny to you wasn't a question...you could have simply ignored his post if you found it annoying or not funny, but you instead responded in hostility. I have nothing against you in the very least, please understand that, I just find that this is a very small problem, and could have been avoided easily.
I believe that humor is incredibly important in life, and I never told you that humor was anything less... When I said it was a small problem, I simply meant the situation itself, as it could have been ignored.

Pablo Gonzalo
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Pablo Gonzalo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:33 am

oughtobe wrote:
Pablo Gonzalo wrote:Well that came right out of left field...
Does that make you feel a little off guard? It's okay to argue and have different opinions, I'm just trying to not be left out of right field...
Off guard? No. Confused, somewhat, about your reactions to other users and the disparaging tone of your posts in this thread and others. I find it strange for someone that claims to have lurked this forums for half a decade to behave the way you do.

Regardless of that... your question was asked in a thread that's about showing off characters, I'm surprised you were expecting more than a silly reply. A separate topic, specifically for it, would have been more suitable for a serious discussion.

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#13 Post by eriqchang » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:34 am

Tye wrote:I believe that humor is incredibly important in life, and I never told you that humor was anything less... When I said it was a small problem, I simply meant the situation itself, as it could have been ignored.
You are such a Diva. ;) You are so going to go far in life. I love your personality. HUMOUR is the most important thing in life. It really is.

Smile, live life to its fullest. Enjoy. That's what I always say.

- eriq

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#14 Post by Brainiac » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:11 pm

oughtobe wrote:... you're joke isn't even funny, since one sip of dragon's breath is one too many, having to go to AA for Dragon's breath would be impossible..
Acually, one drink is NOT enough in QfG5. Dragon's Breath is occasionally the special at the Dead Parrot in and The Hero is now strong enough to survive it. He can indeed get drunk on it (or any alcoholic drink there, as I recall).

As to your reaction to the joke, seriously, lighten up. If you've been through something like AA yourself or a family member has, I might understand your reaction, but still, this isn't the place to get excessively angry. It's just words on a screen. To paraphrase Eriq, live with a smile.

Back on topic, my Hero Import files for QfG2 aren't particularly interesting since I take the time to level all available stats. I have full pures for the three basic character classes, a Fighter with Magic and Stealth who will become my Paladin, and my so-called Paladin of Irony, a hacked/debugged character designed to get absolutely everything possible in any one playthrough. As such, he got all spells (but Zap) including beating Erasmus for Dazzle, got a Thieves' toolkit and played some Dag-Nab-It in the Guild, and just overall did pretty much everything possible in one game. He's currently a Fighter as I'm considering having him go Paladin in QfG3 instead of QfG2 (and that's only possible with a Fighter), so he lacks Climbing - a skill which is picked up easily enough in QfG4 for extra points.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#15 Post by Spikey » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Dang I wish I was as organized as you, Brains. Do you keep a clean desk?

I've got a few shady Magic Users (one for each year that Qfg2VGA wasn't released) stored somewhere, and maybe even an old thief. I replayed Qfg1 every year in the hope Qfg2VGA would be close.

I think I need to start working on a Fighter as well, because that's the one who I want to promote to a Paladin.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#16 Post by PotatoSlayer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:06 pm

I've been waiting for this game for awhile but I'm doing my first ever run through of qfg. I've got a theif going right now. I'm trying to do everything in the game so it's taking me awhile. I'm not sure it's worth the time to get my fighting skills up since i tend to avoid fights, but I'll probally do it anyway. I'll post my character when I finish.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#17 Post by Spikey » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:14 pm

*minor spoiler warning*
BTW, I used to have a magic user with lots of thieving skills, since it was cool to see both Tatiana and the Chief in Qfg4. I think I stopped using combined characters because thieving skills prevented marriage to Katrina, and the magic user and her are a great pair.

Barnacleaz the Avenger
Peasant Status

#18 Post by Barnacleaz the Avenger » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:25 am

I just played through QfG 1 this weekend with a Fighter/Magician/Thief, and am anxiously awaiting the release of QfG2! I'm starting to work through the first game again with a pure magician, but man it is hard to be patient leveling up a magician or thief. I'm ready to play and continue on to 3, 4 and 5 again.

Too bad I'm too busy to commit the kind of time I used to.

I'm currently on a quest for financial stability, not glory.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#19 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 pm

My latest play through was on the VGA version and it wont let me screencap but it's not all that exciting anyway, I just maxed out another thief. Well actually I find in the VGA it wont let you max everything out so my lockpick is like, at 92 and climb at 96 for some reason.
Needless to say Dr. Nathan Mcbadass and I are ready to rock Shapier!

Nathan Mcbadass realized at a young age that he wanted to help people, then steal from them. Realizing the only field that would allow him to do this was medicine, he set off to become a Doctor.
While in Medical school he realized that learning is hard (after all his starting intelligence was only 10) and after earning his degree through dubious means he graduated eleven years early.
Unbeknownst to the young Doctor, the thieves guild was watching his progress and recruited him. They offered him a generous starting contract and scholarship to the Famous Adventurers' Correspondence School. He accepted, excited to set off to see the world, save it, then steal from it (His parents still think he owns a small private practice outside of Speilburg).
He's not the smartest hero on the block, but he's got a doctor's precision with knives and a short attention span, so it all evens out really.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#20 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:21 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:Realizing the only field that would allow him to do this was medicine, he set off to become a Doctor.
Perhaps "Nathan Mcbadass, Attorney at Law"?

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#21 Post by PotatoSlayer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:52 pm

Ok here's my thief, This is right before I beat Baba yaga and finish the game so you still have to add 75 points to the score. That finishes the game at 494. I'm not sure what I missed but I don't know if I wanna keep trying lol.

jpnuar1
Knight Status

#22 Post by jpnuar1 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:06 am

Lady Pyro wrote:Well actually I find in the VGA it wont let you max everything out so my lockpick is like, at 92 and climb at 96 for some reason.
I have a fully maxed thief. Lockpicking can be maxed, I believe, by picking the barred doors in town repeatedly (you gotta save constantly later on, or else you get caught). The final four points of climb can be achieved on the gate to the brigand fortress.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#23 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:09 am

navynuke04 wrote: Perhaps "Nathan Mcbadass, Attorney at Law"?
Ooo I like it! He commits crimes, frames people for it then clears their name...for a PRICE.
jpnuar1 wrote:I have a fully maxed thief. Lockpicking can be maxed, I believe, by picking the barred doors in town repeatedly (you gotta save constantly later on, or else you get caught). The final four points of climb can be achieved on the gate to the brigand fortress.
Thanks, I'll have to give it a shot!

calebb
Peasant Status

#24 Post by calebb » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:36 am

JonWW wrote:That must be the Hero's Alcoholics Anonymous certificate. Too much Dragon Breath...
hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySq4O4sZj1w

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#25 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:52 am

I had two characters all ready. Both magic users. One from the EGA game that I named Leginemor (from KQ2+) and one from the VGA game named Methalozar which is a much cooler name because I made it up. I started QFG2EGA with Methalozar but lost everything to a hard drive crash.