Some Constructive Criticsm

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

Re: Some Constructive Criticsm

#51 Post by eriqchang » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:26 pm

b74life wrote:I think eriq is a black private dick thats a sex-machine to all the chics. But no seriously he's a good artist. Let's just drop this I'm tried of talking about it.
Oh my goodness. You have no idea how completely off-base you are but I'm totally flattered. I'm actually flattered by ALL the comments in here - good, bad, and constructive. At least you guys are watching which means I've done my job. And I appreciate it. I have to tell you how inspiring it is to read some of your words after pushing pixels all day. It really makes me feel special. I think I speak for the rest of the team when I say "Thank You" for supporting the projects.

Let's not forget the REAL reason why we're all here - QUEST FOR GLORY II. ;) I mean, this is a new Sierra game we're talking about kids. Can I get an amen in here?! Does anyone remember actually BUYING the game? Or did you all copy your friend's 5.25" discs? Because I have a really great story about buying the original. It was the first Sierra game I managed to save up my dinars and centimes for.
Last edited by eriqchang on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#52 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:35 pm

Amen!! :rollin

kosch
Royal Servant Status

#53 Post by kosch » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:55 am

mm... as a professional web designer id have to say the design is extremely good. the artwork is great in my opinion. Graphics are crisp and modern. the transparency effect is very well thought out. Everything on the page is unified and does not clash with the other elements on the page. I would say that a finished page of this quality is worth a few thousand dollars. One has to consider that it is not meant to look like the box cover of a sierra game from 1990. i feel the page is exciting. and it certainly got me excited about this release. as for the text rendering on the page: given the fact that its only been live for a day, i think its rather unfair to complain just yet. Please take into account that every browser does not display css exactly the same way and it takes a bit of tweaking to get it right. At my job we put everything on a test server and try it with every browser several times before going live. and even after that there are still bugs. the only real way to deal with problems like these is to make changes specifically to each browser. but most of the time IE is the culprit. I myself am totally frustrated with microsoft because when they have "upgrades" sometimes things will stop working completely.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#54 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:26 am

lol eriqchang to bad you dont do sites for free cause i could really use help with www.crystal-utada.net

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#55 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:01 am

eriqchang wrote: Let's not forget the REAL reason why we're all here - QUEST FOR GLORY II. ;) I mean, this is a new Sierra game we're talking about kids. Can I get an amen in here?! Does anyone remember actually BUYING the game? Or did you all copy your friend's 5.25" discs? Because I have a really great story about buying the original. It was the first Sierra game I managed to save up my dinars and centimes for.
I remember my oldest brother hating me for figuring out the simon door in QFGIV. Then many years later my dad was in this software shop that was closing down (likely due to software piracy) and I saw that same blonde ruffian from my past and thought "Whoa I thought I dreamt that!" I looked at the back of the box and had to have it. There was no tag on it so my dad brought it to the counter asking for a price. The owner said he just pulled it out of the back to fill up shelf space and didn't know what it was worth anymore so he just gave it to us for a ten. I had beaten QFGV when it came out but was under the impression that since 5 was the latest it had to be the best one and that the other QFG games had to have been garbage. Oh how lucky that I was wrong. Coming across QFGII though I couldn't play it. I still wasn't a very good reader and a much worse typer and hoped that one day Sierra would remake the game like they had done to the first one. Obviously this was not to be. I came across this website quite a while later and found what they intended to do and honestly I couldn't care less about KQI and II. I joined the forums that day and have been waiting patiently.

Eriq's Artwork has been the most of fun, creative and promotional. I literally refresh the homepage every hour wondering when I can finally play QFGII. I admit at times I hate Eriq's art but it's in the best kind of way. When I first saw the new website and the video at the start I started yelling to anyone in my house that would hear it "It's finally out! It's finally out!" only to be thwarted by a "coming soon" message. There were many obscenities thrown around my house that hour but I keep checking back for it regularly. So much to the point where I'll stop playing my games to see if this one is released yet and even now I'm just killing time until I can kill me some Djinns.

I honestly can't believe anyone has the nerve to register to this forum-no- this community simply to give "constructive criticism" that consists of absolutely nothing constructive. Note: When you write a list in point form it can hardly be taken as constructive or even seriously. I just have this thing about people who open their mouths and discuss nothing of their own merit to "critisize" the work of others. It's as if Da Vinci was painting the Mona Lisa and I walked by and said "Hey Leo! One, No one is going to like that and TWO it's going to take up way to much space on the wall! I want to see whats on the wall behiend it, are you hiding a hole that you don't want me to know about?" It's completely absurd in this perspective but it's hardly blown up from what's been posted. I can agree with some of the above posters in saying that the ban hammer would have been unleashed 5 times over by now, it's almost as if this topic was created simply to stir the pot. Given what I've read I can't possibly see the author going "I wonder how many people will agree with me"

Cliff notes: I want this game to be out as bad as anyone, Eriq's art is awesome, this thread is ridiculous.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#56 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote: I want this game to be out as bad as anyone, Eriq's art is awesome, this thread is ridiculous.
That about sums it up

Solarkid
Knight Status

Udata hikaru

#57 Post by Solarkid » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:56 pm

Hey Amg, i know i should probably pm this, but out of the interest of changing the topic and fullfilling enquiry, Who/what is this Udata hikaru that you show in your sig and avatar? i ask this purely out of interest because i don't think i've ever heard of them :)

Dave

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#58 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:19 pm

Utada HikarU is one of the most successful singers in Japan she is fluent in both English and Japanese more info can be found at my webpage
www.crystal-utada.net
and at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikaru_Utada

Barnacleaz the Avenger
Peasant Status

#59 Post by Barnacleaz the Avenger » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:47 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:You know, I really like all the surge in posting activity. Reminds me of the good ole days.

Oh, yeah, and in keeping with the topic, Your art sucks, your game sucks, you suck, this site sucks.

This message has been brought to you by SARCASM(tm). Thank you.

:D

Sucks! Sucks! Sucky-suck-suck!

How much suck could a woodchuck...um...never mind.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#60 Post by PotatoSlayer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:28 am

This thread is stupid. Some may not realize this but the front page hasn't changed in years. It only makes sense to update on the eve of the release of QFG2. It's the best way to build up hype and advertisment for the game. Think about it, don't you see the most advertisment for mainstream games a few weeks before their release? If they just posted the link to download the game without telling anyone then only the people who have been coming here for years would download it and all you guys who are randomly showing up and talking crap wouldn't even know about it. Now, we wouldn't want that would we? :rollin

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#61 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:30 am

again I request a lock on behalf of the agdi community

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#62 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:00 am

You don't speak for me!!

I want this free and open! People have a right to bitch! This is GOD'S AMERICA!

Bt

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#63 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:12 am

Bt its Canada for me yo

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#64 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:16 am

He's American, he doesn't care. :D

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#65 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:42 am

If a thread has ran its course it doesnt need to be locked just stop posting in it.

njspannaus
Peasant Status

#66 Post by njspannaus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:43 pm

Angelus3K wrote:If a thread has ran its course it doesnt need to be locked just stop posting in it.
exactly.

geez... Jr. Thread Nazis are almost worse than trolls nowadays... if you want something to go away, simply IGNORE it

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#67 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:He's American, he doesn't care. :D
You're damn right! Everyone knows the internet belongs to America! It's OURS! Virtually, we're everywhere and if you don't agree, I'll put my size 12 boot up your butt. That's size 12 American, not that metric crap that you other people use. Imagine using a measuring system that makes sense!?

Oh, and again. Site sucks. Game sucks. Update sucks. Change everything, or I'll only come here six and half days a week. Thank you.

Bt

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#68 Post by JonWW » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:21 pm

You sure will be missed Sir Blackthorne.

MusicallyInspired

#69 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:48 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:He's American, he doesn't care. :D
You're damn right! Everyone knows the internet belongs to America! It's OURS! Virtually, we're everywhere and if you don't agree, I'll put my size 12 boot up your butt. That's size 12 American, not that metric crap that you other people use. Imagine using a measuring system that makes sense!?

Oh, and again. Site sucks. Game sucks. Update sucks. Change everything, or I'll only come here six and half days a week. Thank you.

Bt
ROFL

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#70 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:22 am

whatever say yoi American hillbilly (jk)

jpnuar1
Knight Status

#71 Post by jpnuar1 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:13 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:Imagine using a measuring system that makes sense!?
Kind of a shame that all we're able to do is imagine it. Damn all you British and your decimal systems!

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#72 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:34 am

JonWW wrote:You sure will be missed Sir Blackthorne.
Absence makes the heart go yonder, Mr. Jon WW. An owl told me that. Weird guy. He talked and wore a blue jacket. Oddly, he too had nothing to do but complain about a certain www.agdinteractive.com . You'd think and Owl would have something better to do.

Personally, I think Eriq Chang needs to play a Sierra game or two. It's obvious he owns none of the games, nor has played any before. I mean, come on!!!!

Bt

calebb
Peasant Status

#73 Post by calebb » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:33 am

I disagreed with the OP so much, I went out and bought the collector's edition of Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine. That seems like the best way to show your support of AGDI :)

MusicallyInspired

#74 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:Absence makes the heart go yonder, Mr. Jon WW. An owl told me that. Weird guy. He talked and wore a blue jacket. Oddly, he too had nothing to do but complain about a certain http://www.agdinteractive.com . You'd think and Owl would have something better to do.
He probably wasn't too happy with the whole KQ2+/Madness-of-King-Graham fiasco.

kosch
Royal Servant Status

#75 Post by kosch » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:51 am

I think Eriq Chang needs to play a Sierra game or two. It's obvious he owns none of the games, nor has played any before.
Jeez thats a little harsh. It's not obvious. and Eriq rawks. I don't care what anyone says, I'm grateful to have one of the best working on this site because I care about the overall outcome of this project. Who wants an average website for one of the biggest things about to happen to adventure games? Not me :)
Last edited by kosch on Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.