QFG2 VGA Prepartion - Show us your QFG1 character!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

arganite
Royal Servant Status

Re: QFG2 VGA Prepartion - Show us your QFG1 character!

#26 Post by arganite » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:08 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:My latest play through was on the VGA version and it wont let me screencap but it's not all that exciting anyway, I just maxed out another thief. Well actually I find in the VGA it wont let you max everything out so my lockpick is like, at 92 and climb at 96 for some reason.
Needless to say Dr. Nathan Mcbadass and I are ready to rock Shapier!

Nathan Mcbadass realized at a young age that he wanted to help people, then steal from them. Realizing the only field that would allow him to do this was medicine, he set off to become a Doctor.
While in Medical school he realized that learning is hard (after all his starting intelligence was only 10) and after earning his degree through dubious means he graduated eleven years early.
Unbeknownst to the young Doctor, the thieves guild was watching his progress and recruited him. They offered him a generous starting contract and scholarship to the Famous Adventurers' Correspondence School. He accepted, excited to set off to see the world, save it, then steal from it (His parents still think he owns a small private practice outside of Speilburg).
He's not the smartest hero on the block, but he's got a doctor's precision with knives and a short attention span, so it all evens out really.
Only way to max out your stats is as a thief (The other classes can't assign points to everything!). It has been discussed above how to max your other stats :).

To add too it; Climbing: Brigand's fortress wall (Only way)
Thieving: Adventure Guild door, Barbershop, (Probably the Sheriff building), the goods store, the Baker, the Butcher, the random door next to the pub (That blocks your access from anything further on in the town). Save often, change screens often.

Muadeeb
Royal Servant Status

#27 Post by Muadeeb » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Even better place to max lock pick is the Healer's Hut. No sheriff there to get ya.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#28 Post by Brainiac » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:42 pm

Spikey wrote:Dang I wish I was as organized as you, Brains. Do you keep a clean desk?
Digitally I may be rather organized, but in my physical space, I tend to accumulate what an old teacher of mine termed "organized chaos."

As far as Thief Skills disqualifying marriage to Katrina, as I recall having both core Thief Skills (Stealth and Lockpicking) causes a character to be considered too Thief-like to marry either of the ladies from Hades...ugh, that was bad. :p

The presence of both also causes FA to give you a Stealth Charm instead of a Magic Helm or Thermonuclear Blast. If you do have both, the only thing you could try is to avoid showing the Thief Sign to anyone and only enter the Thieves' Guild to arrest Arestes. If you still can't marry Erana or Katrina, I guess you're just outta luck.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#29 Post by Gronagor » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:17 pm

Brainiac wrote: Digitally I may be rather organized, but in my physical space, I tend to accumulate what an old teacher of mine termed "organized chaos."
I know that all too well. Worst thing in the world is when someone decides to organize it. Urgh... it takes weeks to find some documents. *sigh*

Anyone else noticed how organized and neat Eriq is? :p

SierraFan1885
Royal Servant Status

#30 Post by SierraFan1885 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:20 am

I don't know how to make screencaps at the moment...but my character for QFG2VGA is nearly complete...

To keep continuity I created him in QFGVGA...which I've never actually played through all the way...call me old fashoned, but there's a certain charm to the original that the remake lacks...anyhoo, nostalgia aside...

My character, Jaysun von Stathem is a "Jack of all trades" fighter who gets the job done in any way possible. He prefers to just face challenges head on, but if need be, he will hide in the shadows and pounce on you and beat you to a bloody pulp, or pulverize you with spells, like the dazzle spell he recently learned from Erasmus. He's currently working all skills up to max, including spell mastery. He's having a bit of trouble getting his climbing passed "87", but he's gettin' pretty cranked and going through vigor potions like epinephrine so it better happen soon, he's gettin' pretty impatiant and is lookin' forward to kickin' some brigand ass and becoming the transporter of heroism that Spielburg needs.

RogerWanko
Royal Servant Status

#31 Post by RogerWanko » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 am

hmmmmmmmm .... isn't playing qfg2 with a "virgin" hero more fun than having ninja stats? just wondering...

SierraFan1885
Royal Servant Status

#32 Post by SierraFan1885 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:13 am

RogerWanko wrote:hmmmmmmmm .... isn't playing qfg2 with a "virgin" hero more fun than having ninja stats? just wondering...
What have you heard? I don't see unicorns....

xarcos
Peasant Status

#33 Post by xarcos » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:50 am

I have a few characters I've made over the years. I'll be playing my fighter though, as that was the first type of character I played when I first played QFG1EGA so many years ago.

I'm not interested in min-maxing; I want to play the remake with a 'natural' feel.

kosch
Royal Servant Status

#34 Post by kosch » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:08 am

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#35 Post by arganite » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:24 am

Almost done. I'm currently raising all the magic skills to 100. Sigh, Erana's Peace and the lockpick are getting a bit tiresome, but it saves on the bills (Not that I would mind getting rid of some money, my money is 13 pounds lighter than the chainmail!

adeyke

#36 Post by adeyke » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:31 am

I just got my own "max everything including spells" thief from QfG1VGA. I haave a set of maxed pure characters but figured I should also have such a hybrid.

gizzywiz
Peasant Status

#37 Post by gizzywiz » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:55 pm

:hat If cheating counts then all my stats except Stealth will be at 100 and Stealth will be determined by the glitched number. This is using the QfG1 VGA glitch!

kosch
Royal Servant Status

#38 Post by kosch » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:31 pm

Well, it was either hex editor or play the entire game over again. It was a small cheat. hehe :)

darkgamorck
Peasant Status

#39 Post by darkgamorck » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:35 am

So in preparation for the imminent release (I hope), I finished replaying QG2 EGA with my character from QG1. I figure this will allow me to better compare the two games. My fighter hybrid, Un-Spoken was indeed granted Paladin status at the end of the game. That was nice to see as I usually play thief hybrids that simply never get the privilege because all too often I find the lure of the robbery all too hard to resist:

As you can Un-Spoken really worked his ass off when it came to learning how to kick ass. Not only has he begun to fully devote himself to becoming a Paladin in every sense of the word, but he also wishes to know that when worse comes to worse, he can still rely upon the weight of his cold steel to lay down some honor and justice on the ass of evil. His thievery related skills really started to suffer as they weren't used at all in this adventure of his. Beyond a bit of nose picking that took place from time to time, these skills were left alone. He continued to work on his magic, and even managed to pass the WIT initiation test. He spent a good bit of time keeping his flame dart flared up. He also tried to tune his force bolt skills a bit:

The only sour point of the whole experience has to be the fact that the 75 lbs of money Un-Spoken was carrying around (2000 centimes and 675 dinars) mysteriously got lost when he was falsely arrested. Perhaps Un-Spoken should take his flaming sword down to the blue parrott inn and have a few interrogations regarding where his hard earned money disappeared to. Nevermind, that doesn't sound like the paladin thing to do eh?