DOS?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

kosch
Royal Servant Status

Re: DOS?

#26 Post by kosch » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:01 am

aww :( well , its okay. i've got parallels running win98 now. i think a qg2 remake is worth it. although ags does not like the sound drivers for parallels too much. there is a lot of crackling. and if anything, i've got some legacy hardware i can install it on.

Alliance
Knight Status

#27 Post by Alliance » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm

My answer to Mac users:

-Darwine (The Darwin Unix port of WINE, the reverse-engineered system32 libraries)
-Cider: Uses some of the WINE engine to make it specifically easy to use games.

kosch
Royal Servant Status

#28 Post by kosch » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:15 pm

woah! will this work with agdi games?!

Kaelon
Peasant Status

#29 Post by Kaelon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:20 pm

kosch wrote:also this is off topic, but i found something funny on youtube. im sure some of you have seen this before. but its pretty intresting as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siA3GgCgGUY

a lot of this was never in the game :/
Am I missing something? All of what was shown in the YouTube trailer was is Quest for Glory IV.

darkgamorck
Peasant Status

#30 Post by darkgamorck » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:35 am

Alliance wrote:My answer to Mac users:

-Darwine (The Darwin Unix port of WINE, the reverse-engineered system32 libraries)
-Cider: Uses some of the WINE engine to make it specifically easy to use games.
Darwine is pretty much a dead project. Cider is difficult for most people because you have to integrate the application into the bundle yourself and modify the associated XML files. On top of that, anything that makes use of Windows GUI controls on Cider will fail miserably.

Crossover Games might be the best bet. I'll try it once the game is released (I'd try it now if the downloads for KQ1 or KQ2 were available) and let you know if it is worth a go. Of course keep in mind that Crossover Games is a commercial product.