Quest For Error 52 Cure

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Domovoi
Peasant Status

Quest For Error 52 Cure

#1 Post by Domovoi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:47 am

>: >: :evil there are demons in the quest world far more terrible than any Villain or Dark One these demons are better known as bugs and although i have seen and tried many alternatives i still can't get the bastard to work you must know which bug im on about the one where your trying to get the ritual in the swamp and it's aftet you kills the chernovy that you try and leave the screen and the game crashes and it's got something to do with the modern day speed of our pcs okay.....

"thats what Dosbox is made for surely" I said to myself little did i know that the terror being the error 52 crash would come back to haunt me as it did when i was a kid.
>: >: I will never forget that November morning the leaves were orange on the trees much resembleing the same colour scheme as the game when for some strange reason i dont know why the E52 didnt occur i pretty much cried, :cry because finally I would get to see the end of the game that for 3 years before i could never complete i got all the rituals and that was it. and i even tried every class including Paladin I'd always play up till that moment and then Sigh*

lol i have tried loadsa stuff Dosbox, Moslo, VDMS, ive tried bombarding my pc with loadsa stuff in efforts to slow it down but i still constantly get the same resault
would have been if someone had actually sat down and fixed it i mean its just soooooooo Fuck!ng lame and i will always stick in my mind like a thorn,
I love Shadows of darkness with a passion because it is such a beutiful game even if you can only play it as far as Katrina giving you three days to find all the rituals i get them all bar one RITUAL 52 as i now call it i think its the bone ritual "you remove the bone ritual from the monolith" CUT THATS IT PEOPLE THANKS FOR PLAYING!
i'd love to meet the man behind E52 AND KICK HIM IN THE BALLS

anyone know of any ways of getting round E52 other than using the programs ive stated above and or turning speed up and detail down

lets have a little vote all those in favour that Shadows of darkness is the best and the worst for obvious reasons say AYE! I think it's like that girl that prick teases you into thinking that your gunna score then blowing it up in the your face at the last minute, lol
well we can only dream................
Love you all Peace and Prosperity to you all >: >:

adeyke

Re: Quest For Error 52 Cure

#2 Post by adeyke » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:56 am

The unoffical patch addresses the issue.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:58 am

When playing the game in DosBox with the patches Adeyke linked to extracted into your folder, make sure to edit the resource.cfg file and make sure the line "patchdir= " has a ".\" behind it in order to indicate the game folder itself rather than a folder that can't be adressed in Dosbox.

Earthsetjake
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Earthsetjake » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:37 am

I used the Detail/Speed trick combined with CPUkiller and it worked. The true test for me(which I have yet to overcome) is the room outside the cave. While trying to get the bush there, I can't seem to defeat that bug. I believe it's error 47. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated :D

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:44 am

If the unofficial patch and Dosbox combination doesn't work, you can try using your rope and grapnel to climb up the ledge. For me, the error occurred whenever I'd toss rocks at the dam and my hero would for some reason get locked in his throwing stance, meaning he'd glide across the ground when walking anywhere. Using the rope and grapnel on the cliff forced an animation change and set things back to normal for me.

Earthsetjake
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Earthsetjake » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:07 pm

For me it's after the rock throwing. The plant comes lose but then pretty much anytime I try to walk after that, I get booted and error messages are flashing in my eye socket. Maybe I'll try restoring before that and using hook/grapnel idea. Thanks :)

EDIT: Using rocks to dislodge plant then using hook on rock ledge worked perfectly, Thanks.