BJ7 Released.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

BJ7 Released.

#1 Post by Alanor. » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:44 am

One of my fav AGS games got released today, Ben Jordan 7 - The Cardinal Sins. It released just a day off from the release date stated a month back. :)

Code: Select all

http://www.grundislavgames.com/benjordan/case7.php
Your thoughts on it..

Now the only games I am waiting for are..
1. Quest for Glory 2 VGA - Rumored nearing completion, although no release date fixed yet.
2. Apprentice 3 Checkmate - This would have been my No.1 awaited game but for the fact that the production is completely on a halt for the past one year and even estimated for the next year or forever..
3. King Quest 4 Perils of Rosella - Not much info on it's progress but by the developer's last comment, the production has slowed down considerably and they were talking about some contest & demo..
4. Police Quest 2 VGA - Only heard about this remake but no ideas on it's progress or if it's even ever going to happen.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: BJ7 Released.

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Alanor. wrote:4. Police Quest 2 VGA - Only heard about this remake but no ideas on it's progress or if it's even ever going to happen.
http://www.novellice.com/theRedPress/?page_id=67

I suspect it's a ways off, though.

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Alanor. » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:14 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:
Alanor. wrote:4. Police Quest 2 VGA - Only heard about this remake but no ideas on it's progress or if it's even ever going to happen.
http://www.novellice.com/theRedPress/?page_id=67

I suspect it's a ways off, though.
You are a member on their forum :) I will take your word for it |I No progress update have been posted there and even the designer journal on the site has been suspended since early 2008.

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by JonWW » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:29 pm

I'm also waiting for Space Quest II: Vohaul's Revenge remake - I believe it is in it's Alpha testing stage.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#5 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:19 pm

Where'd you get that information? I'm just curious as I'm on the SQ2 Remake team.

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by JonWW » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:51 am

So, I was playing the last Alpha Build of Space Quest 2, and as I watched the game unfold - I started to think about things.
http://www.infamous-adventures.com/inde ... topic=2808

So I'm hoping that it will be moving on to Beta testing soon..... But then all the available Beta testers might be too busy with Quest for Glory II VGA :rollin

Broomie
The Enigma

#7 Post by Broomie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:01 am

I wouldn't expect to see it in Beta stages any time soon (sorry guys) but we're making some great progress! We're still in the very first stages of Alpha, meaning the game is playable from beginning to end but expect to keep saving every so often to avoid bugs and see some unfinished or WIP sprites as templates whilst playing.

But there isn't much left to do, all we have to do is finish a few sprites and animations, edit a few scenes and implement a few ideas we've been talking about like Easter Eggs for example. When it comes to Beta testing, we're going to be taking some extra special care to ensure we don't release something buggy like we did with KQ3. Of course, that was the plan with KQ3 anyway but we'll know when the product is completely finished and ready to ship... I meant upload! :D

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by JonWW » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:28 pm

Broomie wrote:We're still in the very first stages of Alpha, meaning the game is playable from beginning to end but expect to keep saving every so often to avoid bugs and see some unfinished or WIP sprites as templates whilst playing.
Oh I thought when Blackthorn said he was playing the last Alpha Build Alpha testing was almost complete, not that he was playing the latest Alpha build... :o Can't wait for this to come out :D

Broomie
The Enigma

#9 Post by Broomie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:34 pm

JonWW wrote:
Broomie wrote:We're still in the very first stages of Alpha, meaning the game is playable from beginning to end but expect to keep saving every so often to avoid bugs and see some unfinished or WIP sprites as templates whilst playing.
Oh I thought when Blackthorn said he was playing the last Alpha Build Alpha testing was almost complete, not that he was playing the latest Alpha build... :o Can't wait for this to come out :D
Blackthorne is a very silly man and not to be trusted. That's all I'll say on this matter.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#10 Post by Klytos » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:19 pm

I'd even go so far as to say that Blackthorne might not even be a man...

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#11 Post by DrJones » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:09 am

Broomie wrote:But there isn't much left to do, all we have to do is finish a few sprites and animations, edit a few scenes and implement a few ideas we've been talking about like Easter Eggs for example. When it comes to Beta testing, we're going to be taking some extra special care to ensure we don't release something buggy like we did with KQ3. Of course, that was the plan with KQ3 anyway but we'll know when the product is completely finished and ready to ship... I meant upload! :D
When I played your remake of KQ3 I got stuck (meaning: not being able to move) in a lot of places. Fortunately, the magical map would help with most of those problems. I think I installed the second release with bugfixes. Hope those path bugs got solved, or will be solved in the future, because the game was a blast!
Except the part about cliffs, damn cliffs. :rollin <-- rolls off the cliff
I'm looking forward for SQII. Hope it looks like the demo. Well, not sure about that. :lol