QFG2 News & Updates: Version 2.0 Released on PC and Mac!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

RogerWanko
Royal Servant Status

Re: ** COURSE 4 IS IN...SESSION. DAMN THIEVES! **

#426 Post by RogerWanko » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:40 am

darkgamorck wrote:Anybody got any news updates? Things have been rather uneventful for the last few days. Just thought I would check in :)
eriq is stalling because someone classified his work as "just filling" :p
Last edited by RogerWanko on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#427 Post by Alanor. » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:55 pm

RogerWanko wrote:eriq is stalling because someone classified his work as "just filling" :p
If they stalled the game progress for every negative comment on the board, QFG2 vga wouldn't have been even half finished by now :)

RogerWanko
Royal Servant Status

#428 Post by RogerWanko » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Alanor. wrote:
RogerWanko wrote:eriq is stalling because someone classified his work as "just filling" :p
If they stalled the game progress for every negative comment on the board, QFG2 vga wouldn't have been even half finished by now :)
i wasn't being serious (at all)....was just teasing eriq and trying to get a response from him .... guess he must be really really busy

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#429 Post by Alanor. » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:46 pm

RogerWanko wrote:
Alanor. wrote:
i wasn't being serious (at all)....was just teasing eriq and trying to get a response from him .... guess he must be really really busy
I knew you weren't serious roger mate, was just a lazy comment from me. sorry for spoiling your tease. hope eriq still falls for it ;)

RogerWanko
Royal Servant Status

#430 Post by RogerWanko » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:09 pm

Nah, he is much too busy hunting for trollbeards in qfg1 :p

Barnacleaz the Avenger
Peasant Status

#431 Post by Barnacleaz the Avenger » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:58 am

Eriq! Eriq! He's our man! If he can't do it...great!

Thankfully, we know he CAN do it.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#432 Post by PotatoSlayer » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:26 am

I've learned over the years that you have to use reverse psychology with this group.

We don't want no stinkin updates, Don't you dare release the game tommorrow

jpnuar1
Knight Status

#433 Post by jpnuar1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:46 am

PotatoSlayer wrote:Don't you dare release the game tommorrow
Actually, I agree with that statement, and not for reverse psychology either. I'm in the process of moving, and it'd suck, after all these years to have the game released during the few days I'll be without internet access.

wayninja
Peasant Status

#434 Post by wayninja » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:05 am

jpnuar1 wrote:
PotatoSlayer wrote:Don't you dare release the game tommorrow
Actually, I agree with that statement, and not for reverse psychology either. I'm in the process of moving, and it'd suck, after all these years to have the game released during the few days I'll be without internet access.

LOL, why would that suck? Because you can't have it no one should... Pretty selfish of you! >:

Anyway, I don't think you have much to worry about. We are still on Course 4 after all...

vowl
Peasant Status

#435 Post by vowl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:31 am

I am in a similar situation. I've got to drive across the country on saturday and live in hotels in the middle of nowhere for two months. If I'm lucky, and sometimes these things happen, I'll get access to the internet. I will be very sad if I miss the quest for glory 2 release. If I do miss all the hype and fun of the original release, I'm sure I'll get to relive it in the forum.

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#436 Post by Alanor. » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:16 pm

Anybody noticed how many days to a course..

linkin182
Peasant Status

#437 Post by linkin182 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:21 pm

I don't think there's a set time frame.

RogerWanko
Royal Servant Status

#438 Post by RogerWanko » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:32 pm

Alanor. wrote:Anybody noticed how many days to a course..
4 courses after 8 years => 2 years per course + 2 courses to go => game release will be 2012

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#439 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Just sit tight

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#440 Post by Gronagor » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:22 am

I got this sneaky suspicion as to how the releases of these courses and the eventual game works. I've talked to a few people and they talk to a few people and the trick seems to be in the number of visitations to this forum! The number of visitors at a specific moment.

The first course was seemingly activated the moment we reached 10 visitors at the same moment. The second one was 15 visitors, third was 25 visitors at a time and the 4th 35 visitors (with seperate IP addresses) at the same time.

I guess all we can do is to get people we know to visit the site!

(Gotta say! It's a pretty cool idea!!)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#441 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:21 am

Yes, we will only release QFG2VGA once we have 300 unique IPs logged on at the same time. :p (joke!)

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#442 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:17 pm

I font think there is any real pattern

darkgamorck
Peasant Status

#443 Post by darkgamorck » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Seeing that it's been a week since the last meaningful update, I'd say there is no pattern. I'd say other things too, but given the level of locking that has occurred recently and the low tolerance of the community towards mature discussion on matters that might reflect less than kindly on the team's handling of this release, I will refrain from doing so.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#444 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:29 pm

AH! But you DIDN'T! YOU MENTIONED IT!

A mature discussion on the matter would be accepting that it will be out when they're good and ready to release it.

Eriq's a busy dude. I bet, however, an update will be posted soon. He loves this stuff too much to stay away long.

Bt

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#445 Post by Gronagor » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:45 pm

Angelus3K wrote:Yes, we will only release QFG2VGA once we have 300 unique IPs logged on at the same time. :p
Aha!!! Can I quote you on that? ... oh wait. I already did. :lol
darkgamorck wrote:low tolerance of the community towards mature discussion on matters that might reflect less than kindly on the team's handling of this release
Hahaha! How many of these idiots are there out there? I bet it's all the same person. :)

Dude, they can handle the release anyway they want. In fact... the way it is handled is exactly the same way Sierra handled QfG5's release... is exactly the way Blizzards handles it... exactly the way any pro company handles it.

Mature a bit before you try and have mature discussions! Will save you a lot of embarrassment!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#446 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:08 pm

darkgamorck wrote:Seeing that it's been a week since the last meaningful update, I'd say there is no pattern. I'd say other things too, but given the level of locking that has occurred recently and the low tolerance of the community towards mature discussion on matters that might reflect less than kindly on the team's handling of this release, I will refrain from doing so.
Yes the level of locking has dramatically increased beyond all proportion with one topic locked (technically 2 but it was the exact same subject).

I must have missed the "mature" discussion that went on... :|

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#447 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:50 pm

Moving on!

I believe it was said recently that Eriq wasn't feeling too well. Maybe that's the reason?

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#448 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:58 pm

hes been really busy

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#449 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:30 pm

I find that the level of thread-locking tends to increase in direct proportion with the number of newbies posting who can't accept a simple answer when it's given the first time. If you wish to speak of maturity, then a very good place to start would be by learning how to 'turn the other cheek' and showing some common courtesy as a guest on someone else's forum. I'm often quite surprised at the sheer rudeness of some posters who respond to our generosity with contempt. If these people don't like how we run our forum, and all they're going to do is post snide, passive-aggressive comments, then what ARE they doing here? It's like being invited to someone's house for lunch and cracking the shits because the resident refuses to get into an argument with you about why you thought their roast beef should have been cooked a different way. You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to like it. But you do have to accept it. Simply learn to drop it, get over it, and move on. That's maturity; not going on and on like a broken record or replying with ad hominem arguments over refusal to accept the provided answer. I think you'll find people to be far more receptive to your ideas and opinions in every facet of life when you don't get on their nerves.

As for site updates, it was never mentioned that we'd have a specific schedule for them OR for the game's release. If you feel like you're owed something and have been let down, that's your own mind holding us to promises we didn't make. It should serve as a good indication of why we don't mention specific dates. However, in an act of sudden hypocrisy, I'll mention that the next course update should be posted sometime today.

whoooooopi
Peasant Status

#450 Post by whoooooopi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:31 pm

Just wanted to send some newbie praise to combat the newbie criticism.

Speaking on behalf of the sunnier side of the peasant status, thanks again for all your work and patience. The silent majority is glowing with anticipation and gratitude.