Hype shrouded in mystery

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Hype shrouded in mystery

#26 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:15 pm

Holy cow, why is this thread still active?

I suppose, wayninja, people are getting frustrated by your constant questions because we all accept the fact that it's going to take a bit of time yet and it'll be done when it's done. You, however, do not. Why? Honestly, who cares when the release date will be? Or when the release date will be announced? It's a heck of a lot closer than it was 8 years ago and that's good enough for me. Just leave them be so they can actually finish it.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#27 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Why wouldnt it be active? People are having a discussion.

wayninja
Peasant Status

#28 Post by wayninja » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:01 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:Holy cow, why is this thread still active?

I suppose, wayninja, people are getting frustrated by your constant questions because we all accept the fact that it's going to take a bit of time yet and it'll be done when it's done. You, however, do not. Why? Honestly, who cares when the release date will be? Or when the release date will be announced? It's a heck of a lot closer than it was 8 years ago and that's good enough for me. Just leave them be so they can actually finish it.
Please do not put words into my mouth. I never said anything about not accepting that it would take time. In fact several times I mentioned that extra time for extra steps seemed perfectly reasonable. Why would these questions be a source of 'frustration' to you? That makes FAR less sense than me being frustrated at the lack of release info.

Is there something in the water here?

I care when the release will be. Isn't that evident or was your question rhetorical? If rhetorical, what exactly was the point?

AoiMasamune
Peasant Status

#29 Post by AoiMasamune » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:07 am

This thread =

"Are we there yet?"
No.
"Are we there yet?"
No.
"Are we there yet?"
I said No.
"What about now?"

Does that help you understand better?

Seriously though, several of the ways you choose to word things are coming across as aggressive.
Like this:
"Please do not put words into my mouth."
and "Is there something in the water here?"
and "First it's very complex and now it's very simple. Hmmm..."
and "So, If had taken the time to read, I would have answers that are not available? Thanks, that clears it up."
and "Are you taking steroids or something?"

To this statement of yours: "Honestly I'm not trying to be rude or a pest and I apologize if it comes across this way."
You fail.

So in answer to this: "Really I'm just looking for some sort of intent."
The intent is to release the game.

And finally: "I'm just curious if I should keep checking the site daily or hold off because it's going to be a while yet."
Check as often as you like, the policy is that a public release date will be released as soon as a public release date is ready for release and not released a moment sooner.

Sorry if I come across as rude or a pest or whatever. My mistake.

wayninja
Peasant Status

#30 Post by wayninja » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:18 am

AoiMasamune wrote:This thread =

"Are we there yet?"
No.
"Are we there yet?"
No.
"Are we there yet?"
I said No.
"What about now?"

Does that help you understand better?

Seriously though, several of the ways you choose to word things are coming across as aggressive.
Like this:
"Please do not put words into my mouth."
and "Is there something in the water here?"
and "First it's very complex and now it's very simple. Hmmm..."
and "So, If had taken the time to read, I would have answers that are not available? Thanks, that clears it up."
and "Are you taking steroids or something?"

To this statement of yours: "Honestly I'm not trying to be rude or a pest and I apologize if it comes across this way."
You fail.

So in answer to this: "Really I'm just looking for some sort of intent."
The intent is to release the game.

And finally: "I'm just curious if I should keep checking the site daily or hold off because it's going to be a while yet."
Check as often as you like, the policy is that a public release date will be released as soon as a public release date is ready for release and not released a moment sooner.

Sorry if I come across as rude or a pest or whatever. My mistake.
It's tough to respond to someone who uses silly phrases like 'you fail', but I will do my best;

My thread is nothing like what you summarized as there is no FAQ or centralized repository of information of any kind. Nor does the website have any of this information.

If I come off as 'aggressive' it's simply because I keep getting attacked, taken out of context, and over simplified by posters like you who seem personally affronted that I would even ask these questions.

I'm looking for an intent on the schedule of events necessary before release not whether or not the intention is to release the game, wich seems fairly obvious.

I'm not looking for permission to check the site. Are you purposefully being obtuse? It's clear my intention is to find out how imminent release is. In other words, does soon mean "stay alert" or does it mean "we have 10% left to go! (roughly 8 months)". I understand it's very close to asking for a release date and have already accepted the fact that I won't get a satisfying answer. However, if you've misinterpreted my intent as asking if necessary truths are no longer necessary for this particular event in the universe, then I can only suggest you stay in school.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#31 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:21 am

You're a twit. You're trying to appear calm and rational, but your passive agressive behavior is stirring people up.

AoiMasamune understands things perfectly, and summed things up perfectly.

Stop being a passive-agressive twit and acting like you're taking the high road. You're not, and if you continue to pursue this road I shall be forced to throw rotten poo-berries in your general direction.

Bt

Shantzy
Peasant Status

#32 Post by Shantzy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:39 am

I'm curious though, how long aforetime is it proper to hype? I know that movie teasers can go almost 2 years in advance and a year before there's an actual trailer, especially if it's a very anticipated movie. Games I dunno.

Heh, maybe it's best to throw it out before november at least before everyone turn in their brain and future prospects by plugging the next World of Warcraft expansion into their veins. Those guys are bored and possible to distract by now.

Before some faithful guard dog starts barking up a storm, I'm not up to anything dubious. I'm merely teasing. Teasing and push, push, pushing! :p

wayninja
Peasant Status

#33 Post by wayninja » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:44 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:You're a twit. You're trying to appear calm and rational, but your passive agressive behavior is stirring people up.

AoiMasamune understands things perfectly, and summed things up perfectly.

Stop being a passive-agressive twit and acting like you're taking the high road. You're not, and if you continue to pursue this road I shall be forced to throw rotten poo-berries in your general direction.

Bt
A gentle breeze seems to stir you people up. If I'm a twit then you are roid raging philistine. At least I give the illusion of calm rationality....

AoiMasamune
Peasant Status

#34 Post by AoiMasamune » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:49 am

I'm not 'affronted' that you would ask the question.

However, I am seriously perturbed that you would utilize your extensive vocabulary to belittle others. Myself most especially.

Also, you have been given an answer, but you have not seen fit to except it, even when it has been repeated several times.
The answer is thus: We don't know the release date, the developers have a tentative date that they are aiming for that is subject to change. Because it is so very likely to be changed, the developers are choosing to not share it with us, the general audience, because if they did, they are almost sure to disappoint.

You are being quite immature about this.

wayninja
Peasant Status

#35 Post by wayninja » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:56 am

AoiMasamune wrote:I'm not 'affronted' that you would ask the question.

However, I am seriously perturbed that you would utilize your extensive vocabulary to belittle others. Myself most especially.

Also, you have been given an answer, but you have not seen fit to except it, even when it has been repeated several times.
The answer is thus: We don't know the release date, the developers have a tentative date that they are aiming for that is subject to change. Because it is so very likely to be changed, the developers are choosing to not share it with us, the general audience, because if they did, they are almost sure to disappoint.

You are being quite immature about this.

In what way have I not accepted this fact? Have you read this thread or only this page? I stopped asking questions after getting answers from AGC2 and Erpy and even stated that while the answer was not what I was hoping for, was honest and direct. Yet the attacks (including yours) did not stop.

Thank for summarizing what was already stated but in a condescening way. I hope you feel it adds some validity to your hostility.

As for immature... "Are we there yet!? - No."

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#36 Post by Brainiac » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:59 am

wayninja wrote:At least I give the illusion of calm rationality....
So you're saying you're neither calm nor rational in actuality? You kinda just proved everyone's point, you know.

wayninja
Peasant Status

#37 Post by wayninja » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:59 am

Brainiac wrote:
wayninja wrote:At least I give the illusion of calm rationality....
So you're saying you're neither calm nor rational in actuality? You kinda just proved everyone's point, you know.
I proved that I'm the only one trying to appear calm and rational? Ok... thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

AoiMasamune
Peasant Status

#38 Post by AoiMasamune » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:03 am

You are most welcome Mr. Flamebaiter. :p

wayninja
Peasant Status

#39 Post by wayninja » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:05 am

LOL, imagine the chaos if I had actually been trying to flame bait.

It's like Lord of the Flies in here....

Shantzy
Peasant Status

#40 Post by Shantzy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:18 am

I think we should try to, I don't know, try to make everyone's position on this clear juuuuuuussst ooooone mooore tiiiime for ah, posterity. That way we can determine who's being the annoying one, unable to rectify his position. All in all, a very important issue.

Just friendly advice here. Know to let go dog. Ten additional slingposts won't do a smidgen of good. Heartfelt apologies are ok, silver, but guess what is gold now..

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#41 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:10 am

It's actually more like Heart of Darkness in here. We're way more Conrad than Golding 'round here.

Bt

Tehseen
Royal Servant Status

#42 Post by Tehseen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:22 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:Holy cow, why is this thread still active?

I dont understand whats really you want to prove yourself.... neither you are moderator nor you are a member of AGDI . How can you assume just by yourself that people are getting frustrated ?
We asks questions and have discussions here because we love AGDI and their work if we didnt then the forum would be empty.So Please stop imposing your imaginations on everyone . It would be good if you speak just for yourself not for the whole public here. we know how to speak for ourselves.

MusicallyInspired

#43 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:47 am

Anyone can take one look at this thread and see that more people than just I are getting frustrated. So I'm not imposing anything. Don't accuse me of something you have no basis of fact on. I'm also not trying to prove anything other than to point out that this thread is, in fact, not a discussion. It's a broken record. And with every loop the record gets more and more scratched.

What's annoying me all the more is that wayninja here is trying to play the calm and collected person so he gets to keep trolling and trying to get rises out of anyone who'll reply to him. I've seen it before. That's why I asked why this thread is still active.
Please do not put words into my mouth. I never said anything about not accepting that it would take time. In fact several times I mentioned that extra time for extra steps seemed perfectly reasonable. Why would these questions be a source of 'frustration' to you?
Because you're a troll.
I care when the release will be. Isn't that evident or was your question rhetorical? If rhetorical, what exactly was the point?
What's not evident is the reason why you keep asking. You still haven't answered THAT question. How about we pester you about that for the next 4 pages and maybe you'll get an idea of where my (and others') frustration is coming from. But I'm sure you already are well aware. That's why you keep coming back.
This thread =

"Are we there yet?"
No.
"Are we there yet?"
No.
"Are we there yet?"
I said No.
"What about now?"
My thoughts exactly.
Last edited by MusicallyInspired on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tehseen
Royal Servant Status

#44 Post by Tehseen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:58 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:Anyone can take one look at this thread and see that more people than just I are getting frustrated. So I'm not imposing anything. Don't accuse me of something you have no basis of fact on. I'm also not trying to prove anything other than to point out that this thread is, in fact, not a discussion. It's a broken record. And with every loop it gets more and more scratched.

What's annoying me all the more is that wayninja here is trying to play the calm and collected person but really he's a troll trying to get rises out of anyone who'll reply to him. I've seen it before. That's why I asked why this thread is still active.
The people like wayninja are doing this because they are excited about the release of the game like we all are. He is also here because he loves the work AGDI doing , And if you think that he's wrong in whatever you think he is , then AGDI moderators or members are the one who should say anything and you are neither of them . And please mind your language i read what you wrote before editing this post. Who did you call a moron ? Great you are saying wayninja to behave and you , yourself dont have the manners to speak ........ join the school again , its might be possible you learn some manners this time >:

MusicallyInspired

#45 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:03 am

Take it easy. I never called anyone a moron. Originally I had said "Any moron can see..." instead of "Anyone can see..." I was doing you a favour by not calling you less than a moron.

I know I'm not a MOD. I'm not enforcing any MOD rules or anything. I'm not out on a crusade. I'm calling them like I see them. I'm pointing out facts. As everyone else in this thread is doing. Again I say take another read and tell me I'm the only one.

Tehseen
Royal Servant Status

#46 Post by Tehseen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:16 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:Take it easy. I never called anyone a moron. Originally I had said "Any moron can see..." instead of "Anyone can see..." I was doing you a favour by not calling you less than a moron.

I know I'm not a MOD. I'm not enforcing any MOD rules or anything. I'm not out on a crusade. I'm calling them like I see them. I'm pointing out facts. As everyone else in this thread is doing. Again I say take another read and tell me I'm the only one.
I dont need to to take an another read . i think angelus3k has already answered what you were asking.... And about the moron thing.... I hardly believe that Angelus3k's post has already proved that who is a moron and who's not. It doesnt matter how much you move your words in a circle ,I know what i read before the post was edited.
MusicallyInspired wrote:Anyone can take one look at this thread and see that more people than just I are getting frustrated. So I'm not imposing anything. Don't accuse me of something you have no basis of fact on. I'm also not trying to prove anything other than to point out that this thread is, in fact, not a discussion. It's a broken record. And with every loop the record gets more and more scratched.

What's annoying me all the more is that wayninja here is trying to play the calm and collected person so he gets to keep trolling and trying to get rises out of anyone who'll reply to him. I've seen it before. That's why I asked why this thread is still active.
Please do not put words into my mouth. I never said anything about not accepting that it would take time. In fact several times I mentioned that extra time for extra steps seemed perfectly reasonable. Why would these questions be a source of 'frustration' to you?
Because you're a troll.
What's not evident is the reason why you keep asking. You still haven't answered THAT question. How about we pester you about that for the next 4 pages and maybe you'll get an idea of where my (and others') frustration is coming from. But I'm sure you already are well aware. That's why you keep coming back.
This thread =

"Are we there yet?"
No.
"Are we there yet?"
No.
"Are we there yet?"
I said No.
"What about now?"
My thoughts exactly.
i think you are really a fortune teller or an astrologer because you can assume ur comments on the basis of ur thoughts on the posts that appeared after your one............. Great :rollin
Last edited by Tehseen on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MusicallyInspired

#47 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:23 am

I told you what I wrote and it was the honest truth. If you don't believe me I don't care.

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#48 Post by arganite » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:26 am

Having read through the topic... the complainers about how long its taking need to shut their mouth's and learn their roles.

Tehseen
Royal Servant Status

#49 Post by Tehseen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:32 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:I told you what I wrote and it was the honest truth. If you don't believe me I don't care.
whatever, i don't care either. I'm here for AGDI not for some ill-mannered fool.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#50 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:32 am

arganite wrote:Having read through the topic... the complainers about how long its taking need to shut their mouth's and learn their roles.

EXACTLY! Now lets all sit down and have a milkshake until the game comes out.

Bt