Which adventure game did you enjoy the most?

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

The first one I ever played
50%
Any other game I played
50%
I only played 1 (or less) adventure games so far
No votes

Total votes: 34

pass
Royal Servant Status

#1 Post by pass » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:27 pm

I think I still consider KQ5 - the first one I played, my favorite.

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

The first game for me.

#2 Post by Jontas » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:28 pm

Kings Quest II was the first adventure game I ever played, and it's still my favorite.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:33 am

The first adventure game I played was probably Space Quest 1 or 2. To this day I still love SQ2 (while not many others do) but it isn't my favourite. My favourite is....um...I don't really know. Space Quest is my favourite series and Space Quest 4 is my favourite in the series so in a way you could say SQ4 is my favourite adventure game, but when I think about it that way I say "No...that can't be right." So I really don't know.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Music Head » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:03 am

The first game I ever played was QFG1VGA, Although it's not my fav it's deffinately up there with the top ones. I'd have to say my fav adventure game is Discworld. A game about the wizard Rincewind, based on the wonderful world created by the author Terry Pratchet. Also the only adventure game i've actually bought  :rolleyes . Unfortunatly the other two later games didn't live up to the first but are still wicked fun.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#5 Post by Klytos » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:17 am

Discworld was great.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#6 Post by Ghost_Rider » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:35 am

The first one I played was Hero's Quest (later renamed Quest for Glory 1).  This was back when the game first came out, so it was the EGA version.

I would say that probably my favourite is QFG4, but I did enjoy, and still do enjoy QFG1EGA very much.   :)

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#7 Post by Music Head » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:03 am

It's interesting how farely often the first game people play becomes their favourite.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#8 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:48 pm

I really don't remember what one was the first one I played and still don't know which was my favorite. I think QFGV but I also like SQ 6.

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by Jontas » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:57 pm

Music Head wrote:It's interesting how farely often the first game people play becomes their favourite.
I think it's the sheer challenge of playing your fist adventure game; learning to parse, learning to solve puzzles and riddles, navigating the world of the adventure game, and so on.

No matter what adventure game you play after that it's hard to repeat the experience of playing one for the very first time. I know this sounds corny, but I thing you bond with your game through the experience of playing it and overcoming its challenges.

I know I'm just speaking from personal experience, but maybe some people can relate. Plus I was only ten years old when I played my first adventure game so it was a whole different experience.

DKORNBLET06515
Peasant Status

I like Kings Quest 3 VGA

#10 Post by DKORNBLET06515 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:27 pm

Kings Quest 3 Vga Was really good. Who ever made the upgrade should congrats to them. :D

Mitch
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Mitch » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:17 pm

I cant really say I have 1 favorite but if I had to, I'd say Space Quest 3, but my favorites are the entire QFG series  :D

FrostFlameFlare
Peasant Status

Re: Which adventure game did you enjoy the most?

#12 Post by FrostFlameFlare » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:26 pm

My very first Sierra adventure game was Mixed Up Mother Goose. My dad brought it home when I was five or six years old. I don't know if any of you has played it, but it's impossible to beat the game without a perfect 18 out of 18. So you can imagine how long it took before it was more of a finger exercise for me rather than a challenging game. But it was my first game! Then after that I think it was Space Quest 3.

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#13 Post by JonWW » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:55 pm

The first graphic adventure game I played was Space Quest III and it's tied with Quest for Glory II for my all time favorite. I have played text adventures before Space Quest III, but they just have the same long lasting appeal for me.

Kloreep
Knight Status

#14 Post by Kloreep » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:59 pm

First adventure game I played was QFG1VGA, but Grim Fandango is my favorite.

CrazyStalker
Peasant Status

#15 Post by CrazyStalker » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:45 pm

The first one I played was the first Monkey Island, but my favourite is the second. (Which, incidentally, is also the second adventure game I ever played)

Dragonfang
Peasant Status

#16 Post by Dragonfang » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:36 pm

I truly enjoy the very first Adventure game I played: King's Quest 1. At the time, this was one big challenge for me. I had no experience in adventure games, I didn't had access to a hintbook or the internet. On top of that, English was not my first language!

Finally after many, many years, someone gave me some hints and I finished the game. This was real thrill, it was like finding a buried treasure that you knew it was hidden nearby. When I got the Internet, I got the missing points on some minor side-quests.

No matter how bad it is by today's standards, KQ1 is one of my favorite classic.

Xyloc
Peasant Status

#17 Post by Xyloc » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:16 pm

My first adventure that I've ever played is simply called "Adventure", played on my dad's shiny new IBM Transportable XT.
The first Sierra adventure game I've ever played was Leisure Suit Larry I
SQ4 is the greatest Sierra game for me, with KQ7 a close second. The best adventure by Lucasarts would be Loom, with the Dig on a close second place.
What had me really gobsmacked was The Longest Journey.
I enjoyed that game so much that I have it in three languages: Dutch, English and Swedish.
The sequel was visually stunning, but I hate arcade fighting in Adventures, so...