QFG2 News & Updates: Version 2.0 Released on PC and Mac!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

techie775
Knight Status

Re: ** COURSE 4 IS IN...SESSION. DAMN THIEVES! **

#451 Post by techie775 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:I find that the level of thread-locking tends to increase in direct proportion with the number of newbies posting who can't accept a simple answer when it's given the first time. If you wish to speak of maturity, then a very good place to start would be by learning how to 'turn the other cheek' and showing some common courtesy as a guest on someone else's forum. I'm often quite surprised at the sheer rudeness of some posters who respond to our generosity with contempt. If these people don't like how we run our forum, and all they're going to do is post snide, passive-aggressive comments, then what ARE they doing here? It's like being invited to someone's house for lunch and cracking the shits because the resident refuses to get into an argument with you about why you thought their roast beef should have been cooked a different way. You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to like it. But you do have to accept it. Simply learn to drop it, get over it, and move on. That's maturity; not going on and on like a broken record or replying with ad hominem arguments over refusal to accept the provided answer. I think you'll find people to be far more receptive to your ideas and opinions in every facet of life when you don't get on their nerves.

As for site updates, it was never mentioned that we'd have a specific schedule for them OR for the game's release. If you feel like you're owed something and have been let down, that's your own mind holding us to promises we didn't make. It should serve as a good indication of why we don't mention specific dates. However, in an act of sudden hypocrisy, I'll mention that the next course update should be posted sometime today.
That's a good example with the roast beef. As for promises I remember your first KQ2VGA v1.0 had the easter egg with the hero and he'd say to expect the game sometime in 2003. I know you changed it to say something else in the later versions. Now I really don't care or mind if you change the date since I have no clue how much work is qfg2 and you don't owe anybody anything. I remember in Journal Update you guys said you were glad you didn't release the game early. But some people could get impatient and wonder why it's 5 years behind... Just my view on that one.

agd2smb

#452 Post by agd2smb » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:38 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:It's like being invited to someone's house for lunch and cracking the shits because the resident refuses to get into an argument with you about why you thought their roast beef should have been cooked a different way. You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to like it. But you do have to accept it. Simply learn to drop it, get over it, and move on. That's maturity; not going on and on like a broken record or replying with ad hominem arguments over refusal to accept the provided answer. I think you'll find people to be far more receptive to your ideas and opinions in every facet of life when you don't get on their nerves.
good analogy... except for the 'cooked' part

*Graciously accepts invitation to lunch and sits down for a nice roast beef 8 years ago.

*As the years go by, guest begins to feel hungrier and hungrier.

"Um... is their a problem with the oven?", guest politely asks

"No, there is no problem" host answers

"Well, do you know how much longer til this fine meal you've invited us to might be ready?"

"I would rather not talk about that, wouldn't want to get your hopes up"

"Hmm.. Maybe I should go get a bite somewhere else and come back when it's ready? Any time frame I should check back with you at?"

"Just shut up. Dinner will be ready when it's ready. GEEZ YOU ARE AN IMPOLITE GUEST!"

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#453 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:57 pm

Hmm.. Maybe I should go get a bite somewhere else and come back when it's ready? Any time frame I should check back with you at.
I don't think anybody of us yelled at people or told them to shut up for politely asking about a time frame.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#454 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Just all of you who wine and bitch about the game SHUT UP you have no idea how much effort it takes Quest for glory 2 VGA is massive Massive code massive amount of art scripting and much more.. I am honestly truly surprised It has only taken them 8 years. you should all be grateful if you guys are you have a poor way of showing it the game will out when the developers who did this on their own free time feel it is ready they gave 8 years to you guys to give something great and the minute it gets close you all whine and bitch you get something FOR FREE and you sat why cant I have ir now nag nag nag bitch bitch bitch. Just because it free for us does not mean it is free fir them For example the "free" quest for glory posters we get with al emmo they cost mega bucks to print. I don't know when its going to be out and dont care but I know when it is I will offer much praise and worship to the team. Show some respect and honor so sit back chill out and enjoy the hype and the updtes when they come
I am the quite forum member and I do not normally speak out but I felt I had to here

whoooooopi
Peasant Status

#455 Post by whoooooopi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:37 pm

agd2smb wrote:good analogy... except for the 'cooked' part

*Graciously accepts invitation to lunch and sits down for a nice roast beef 8 years ago... etc, etc...
Wow. :\ You joined the forums... today... simply to take a jab at the creative team over an argument that you (as of yet) haven't been involved in?

...you're darkgamorck, aren't you? :lol

You've reduced my patience to the point of 'emoticon-use'. That's hard to do.

When you're on these boards, you get to be part of the process. At least try to contribute something positive to the people who have spent so much time creating this. Focus on something creative. Or, if you're really convinced you know how its done, show us! Remake an old title, VGA style. And hey, for kickers, put out a release date and see if you can nail it. I wish you luck, skill, patience, grace and the support of many others. Though I've a feeling grace and patience may be hard for you to muster.
Last edited by whoooooopi on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

linkin182
Peasant Status

#456 Post by linkin182 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:49 pm

This is a pointless discussion, the team already reprimanded the one who was at fault (twice :D ) and so the rest of us getting involved is nothing compared to their overpowering presence and in many cases makes it worse, so like Musically Inspired said lets PLEASE move on to another topic. 8o

whoooooopi
Peasant Status

#457 Post by whoooooopi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:51 pm

linkin182 wrote:This is a pointless discussion, the team already reprimanded the one who was at fault (twice :D ) and so the rest of us getting involved is nothing compared to their overpowering presence and in many cases makes it worse, so like Musically Inspired said lets PLEASE move on to another topic. 8o
Right. My apologies.

linkin182
Peasant Status

#458 Post by linkin182 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:55 pm

Oh don't worry I didn't mean you I was just talking in General Whoopi :p

Kloreep
Knight Status

#459 Post by Kloreep » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:00 pm

Erpy wrote:
Hmm.. Maybe I should go get a bite somewhere else and come back when it's ready? Any time frame I should check back with you at.
I don't think anybody of us yelled at people or told them to shut up for politely asking about a time frame.

Nor told anyone to wait up for AGDI. If you really want to argue a silly roast beef analogy, AGDI hasn't even told you when to come over yet.

agd2smb

#460 Post by agd2smb » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:15 pm

Kloreep wrote:
Erpy wrote:

Nor told anyone to wait up for AGDI. If you really want to argue a silly roast beef analogy, AGDI hasn't even told you when to come over yet.
Then that invalidates the entire analogy. If we haven't been told when to come over, it's impossible be be a poor guest.

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

#461 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:55 pm

It's a stupid analogy anyway. If AGDI ever decided not to release the game, I'd be disappointed, but I'd laugh forever at all you whiny people who didn't get THE FREE GAME that you were "owed" for "waiting 8 years."

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#462 Post by eriqchang » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:56 pm

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#463 Post by PotatoSlayer » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:57 pm

Then that invalidates the entire analogy. If we haven't been told when to come over, it's impossible be be a poor guest.
If you show up before the invitation comes and demand your FREE roast beef then you'd be a poor guest

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#464 Post by Brainiac » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:14 pm

Heh-heh-heh. Nice one, Eriq.

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#465 Post by Spanky » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:41 pm

HAY GUISE WENS THH GAIM COMMING OUT?!?!?!?!

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#466 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:12 am

Haha, Eriq, I think this scene is actually more appropriate, somehow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=917Q8dbpRLE

darkgamorck
Peasant Status

#467 Post by darkgamorck » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:47 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:As for site updates, it was never mentioned that we'd have a specific schedule for them OR for the game's release. If you feel like you're owed something and have been let down, that's your own mind holding us to promises we didn't make. It should serve as a good indication of why we don't mention specific dates. However, in an act of sudden hypocrisy, I'll mention that the next course update should be posted sometime today.
I am let down. However a lot of it right now has to do with the fact that the copy of Al Emmo I ordered last week (10 days ago) still has yet to ship. Now from what I understand, the poster and the game are supposed to be shipped separately, so even if the poster isn't done yet, my copy of Al Emmo still should've shipped. I guess my problem is this: You claim this game is free and something you don't spend all of your time on, but when it comes to making the shipments to your commercial customers, you apparently haven't got the time for that either. So yes I am owed something. I'm owed what I purchased for $27.99 USD 10 days ago. That would be a collector's edition copy of Al Emmo and a Quest for Glory II promotional poster.

As for your free game, I am owed nothing. On that point you are 100% correct. But when you update your site into teaser mode and shove a big "COMING SOON" placard on there and start asking for people to donate server space, most of us reasonably assumed that coming "soon" meant "really damn soon". Imminent sort of soon. Apparently the definitions of the word soon vary wildly between continents, so I chalk this up to a misunderstanding on my end as all.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#468 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:18 am

I am let down. However a lot of it right now has to do with the fact that the copy of Al Emmo I ordered last week (10 days ago) still has yet to ship.
You can contact us at any time at the Himalaya store or email address to discover the status of your order. Due to the way our shipping house operates (a 3rd party), the posters need to be shipped with the game orders. These are high-quality cinema style posters, being printed at the same place that handles ILM's and some of Disney's printing. As such, this printer has a very large volume of print jobs. Our QFG2 posters had to be placed in a queue. As soon as they're received back from the printer (we're expecting them later this week), orders will be shipped. Apologies for the delay on this. However, the high quality of the posters will be worth the wait. Orderers can contact us at Himalaya to check their shipping status or see if alternate shipping arrangements are possible. We're not holding back orders intentionally; we're at the mercy of two 3rd party companies here. Everything on our side will be done ASAP to get the orders shipped, just as everything is being done ASAP at AGDI to get the QFG2 remake released.
most of us reasonably assumed that coming "soon" meant "really damn soon"
Your assumptions would be correct, relatively speaking (i.e. over the course of eight years). What you really mean is that you personally want it sooner than we're able to give it to you. The difference here is that "most of you" are understanding enough to exercise some patience, while a small minority get irritable because we didn't meet their presumed expectations. Really, we have run this PR campaign over a ridiculously short amount of time in comparison to other game companies who run similar campaigns over many months, and offer far less in the way of teasers. I only see 3 or so vocal complainers about the issue, and the rest of the fan-base seems to tolerate the wait pretty well. So, I think that the opinion of the vast majority rules on this one.

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#469 Post by eriqchang » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:29 am

ENOUGH!!

Magic Users! Put on your damn pointy hats.... class is in session. Please bring your Sierra Green Gel Decoders to class!

http://www.agdinteractive.com

;)

- eriq

p.s. darkgamorck, I will be sure you get a poster and your game. Just PM me with your shipping details and we can work out your order if your are unhappy. I realize everyone has been very patient in waiting for updates. We are almost there. Hang in there - I am working as quickly as I can.
Last edited by eriqchang on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkgamorck
Peasant Status

Re: ** HOLY HINT BOOKS! COURSE 5 HAS APPEARED! **

#470 Post by darkgamorck » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:39 am

No your update explains things adequately. As for everything else, I'll kindly retreat into the woodwork and keep my trap shut. Thanks.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#471 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:49 am

I love when people say "eight years". Eight years ago was the year 2000 and King's Quest I VGA didn't even exist yet. The first whispers of QFG2VGA were in 2002 with an Easter Egg in KQ2VGA.

So, yeah, you could say six years. But those who whine about eight are being melodramtic and they need to quit watching "The Hills" so much.

Ironically, I had roast beef for dinner. It was delicious.

Bt

freduardo
Peasant Status

#472 Post by freduardo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:24 am

Saweet update, everybody. I'm especially loving the new fankit with accompanying screenies, and I've already been plugging AGDI on game sites I like to frequent.

Like everybody else I'm getting new imports from QfG1 ready. Here's hoping it's out before my fighter and thief are done!

Now, if you'll just excuse me while I kiss the sky...

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#473 Post by eriqchang » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:33 am

freduardo wrote:I'm especially loving the new fankit with accompanying screenies, and I've already been plugging AGDI on game sites I like to frequent.
Keep it up! We're watching you... help promote the game, show us your goods, and you just might catch the attention of the prize monkey....

techie775
Knight Status

#474 Post by techie775 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:11 am

dang it indeed. I kept thinking there were only 5 courses til the game came out. Oh well 6 isn't that bad. All I gotta say is the saurus music when you exit the gate better be the same. I loved that music. Oh and those screen shots look neat.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#475 Post by Brainiac » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:18 am

Eriq Chang in Clip #5 wrote:Don't panic...I think I'm lost.
Five skareens west and three skareens south, remember? :lol