Ok I hate asking but seriously what time...

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

Ok I hate asking but seriously what time...

#1 Post by oughtobe » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:40 pm

will the game be released on Sunday? Will it be at exactly 12am on Sunday? or sometime during the day or afternoon? I know this question is borderline annoying but honestly, I just don't want to have to reload the forums and front page every 5 mins on Sunday, I don't think that will be good for bandwidth and I think the fans deserve to know... Because I bet a lot of people will be doing the same thing, reloading the pages every 5 mins on Sunday, so to save bandwidth for people to download the games, could you please let us know what time? You don't need to answer this today, but preferably by saturday so i can plan accordingly... Okay, thank you so much, their has been so many good remakes lately, I just finished beating Bionic Commando Rearmed (a remake of the nes game for the XBOX 360) and that was a lot of fun... I can't wait to play this remake, although to be honest, you guys put a lot on your plate with this one... My expectations are SOOOOOOOOO high, I really hope the game you made can live up to them... but all in all, even if I found a bunch of little errors and the game wasn't on par with the QFG1 remake, I would still be very appreciative and support AGD in any of their future endeavors... And no, I did not buy AL & EMMO.. but I'm sorry, I promise to buy their next game....

I was just upset that the main character was like Larry Laffer, but a pipsqueak loser... And that the game wasn't as good as Freddy Pharkas.... But I'm happy they got that game out of their system... it seems like they really learned a lot from that and from the remakes they made... I really think they should aim really high with their next adventure game, and try to outdo the old sierra games, not just match them....

and before twenty posts come flying in freaking out about how unappreciative i am, calm down, I really appreciate their work, and I feel that sometimes their is a little too much brown nosing, just because we are all so excited about any company that takes remakes and adventure games so seriously, and sometimes they need the constructive criticism because people are too scared that they will leave adventure games and do something else, so they get too scared to criticize them...

Mr. Alsheid
Peasant Status

Re: Ok I hate asking but seriously what time...

#2 Post by Mr. Alsheid » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm going to guess it will be released when it's Sunday wherever the dev team currently resides.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Uh, you know...nothing horribly irreversable will happen if you DON'T download the game the very microsecond it goes public. I'm sure you'll be able to download the game at some point that day.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Lady Pyro » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 pm

How is bitching about needing an exact time constructive criticism? And why (when you know you'll get ripped apart for it) do you use terms like "I think the fans deserve to know".
Nothing is owed to you, or any of us. Any time put in for support or anything is voluntary.
You've done nothing to deserve this game and I suggest you stop acting like you have.

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:35 pm

Erpy wrote:Uh, you know...nothing horribly irreversable will happen if you DON'T download the game the very microsecond it goes public. I'm sure you'll be able to download the game at some point that day.

NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I have no time to sit here clicking reload over and over again until my brain and finger goes numb, I only have time to PLAY the game, but just barely, and only if I plan 4 years in advance the exact moment it will appear. You owe me an explanation and an EXACT INSTANT NOTIFICATION as to when this game that I paid all of my hard earned money for will fall into my lap. You guys are a bunch of jerks. Queue BT to come by and say the game sucks, site sucks, your face sucks and your mom's a wench.

KrushR
Peasant Status

#6 Post by KrushR » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:How is bitching about needing an exact time constructive criticism? And why (when you know you'll get ripped apart for it) do you use terms like "I think the fans deserve to know".
Nothing is owed to you, or any of us. Any time put in for support or anything is voluntary.
You've done nothing to deserve this game and I suggest you stop acting like you have.
is this the brown nosing referred to in the OP's rant?

this thread is an innocent question put badly. close the thread before this gets uglier. :hat

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#7 Post by Lady Pyro » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:44 pm

KrushR wrote:
Lady Pyro wrote:How is bitching about needing an exact time constructive criticism? And why (when you know you'll get ripped apart for it) do you use terms like "I think the fans deserve to know".
is this the brown nosing referred to in the OP's rant?

this thread is an innocent question put badly. close the thread before this gets uglier. :hat
I don't see how it's brown nosing. I'm not kissing anyone's ass, in fact I don't think there's a single compliment in there.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#8 Post by Gronagor » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:47 pm

oughtobe wrote:I was just upset that the main character was like Larry Laffer, but a pipsqueak loser... And that the game wasn't as good as Freddy Pharkas.... But I'm happy they got that game out of their system... it seems like they really learned a lot from that and from the remakes they made... I really think they should aim really high with their next adventure game, and try to outdo the old sierra games, not just match them....
You know oughtobe... when you want to give critique you really need to play the game first.
The game really was very good. I'm not exactly sure what you're basing your critique on?

Heh. Don't mind KrushR, LP... it seems he's a bit new to forum-posting and the protocols related to new posters.
Last edited by Gronagor on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oxygen1234
Peasant Status

#9 Post by oxygen1234 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:49 pm

10:43 am EST

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#10 Post by PotatoSlayer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Why don't you wait until 1159 sunday night and then load up the website. Then you'll only have to load up the website once and won't have to reload over and over. BTW oughtobe every time I see a post by you I say to myself "Oh crap what is he saying now?", I'm sorry if that message was inappropriate but I know some others here are the same way

malekdarshin
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by malekdarshin » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:01 pm

:lol This is actually a very funny post!

It used to be, "Will the game ever be finished?"
Then it was, "When will the game be released?"
And then it was, "What day will the game be released?"
Now it's, "What time will the game be released?"

Who said that the world isn't brimming with patience?

I challenge all of you who feel like you can't live without QFG2 to wait until at least Wednesday to download the game.

That way I will be sure to get it on Sunday!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#12 Post by Erpy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:10 pm

I personally think this is all MusicallyInspired's fault. After a release date was announced, he dared people to find something else to complain about and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED. :p

Okay, ease off everybody.

We're not going to give an exact time. It takes enough planning as it is to pick a day and then stick to it. There's no way we can promise a specific time. Kindly be satisfied with what you have.

El Ravager
Knight Status

#13 Post by El Ravager » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:30 pm

<grin> Thanks for that, oughtobe. I needed a laugh...

Ekinatial
Peasant Status

#14 Post by Ekinatial » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:30 pm

As someone said earlier, it was just an innocent question gone wrong.

He was just wondering if it was at midnight because that's a large possibility, and he'd accept it if no specific time was able to be given. It just went awry because he tried to cover his bases to not seem like a prick and over did it. So let us not worry.

El Ravager
Knight Status

#15 Post by El Ravager » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:34 pm

While we're on the subject, WHY ISN'T THERE A QFG2VGA FORUM UP YET?! It's just unspeakably rude of AGDI to let us know the release date and yet withhold the appropriate forum. WHEN WILL IT BE UP?! I'm not downloading your game until you tell me!!

;-P

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by oughtobe » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:54 pm

that's weird, i can't delete this post...
Last edited by oughtobe on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#17 Post by oughtobe » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:12 pm

I think you misunderstood what I meant, but I admit I chose a poor choice of wording it...

What I really meant was that, the fans, including myself, deserve the right to ask the question, now as far as an answer goes... I agree, I deserve nothing, but I would hope to get someones educated guess, nothing set in stone, and trust me I know they are weary that most people would take it as being set in stone so they are reluctant to do that, but I was hoping someone had thought about it on the team and would say yea, sunday, during the day, like after 9am, or probably afternoon, or they were aiming for a 12am release... I dunno...

Personally I think they should chose and you could say its a quantity type marketing angle but the peak hours of the board on Sunday... the time that most people are surfing around would be the best I think. But I guess it doesn't really matter with this type of release, you'll get the random surfers in the following weeks and the hardcore fans will get it in the first few days....

I guess I'm kind of being a baby about it, but sorry I think its cuz we've kind of been spoiled... The AGDI team really puts up with a lot, and has been pretty good about dealing with all the flack they get for release dates over the years... But also, I've been a dedicated fan and trust me if there was a way to donate to this project I would have donated a lot more than $39.99 over the years...

so if they had said, we haven't planned or thought about it yet, i would have been happy, but i was hoping they had, and they could quickly let me know, without much effort... Don't I deserve to ask?
Gronagor wrote:
oughtobe wrote:I was just upset that the main character was like Larry Laffer, but a pipsqueak loser... And that the game wasn't as good as Freddy Pharkas.... But I'm happy they got that game out of their system... it seems like they really learned a lot from that and from the remakes they made... I really think they should aim really high with their next adventure game, and try to outdo the old sierra games, not just match them....
You know oughtobe... when you want to give critique you really need to play the game first.
The game really was very good. I'm not exactly sure what you're basing your critique on?

Heh. Don't mind KrushR, LP... it seems he's a bit new to forum-posting and the protocols related to new posters.
What makes you think I haven't played the game? I could make a fair judgement based on playing the demo alone... and yes I've played the actual game...
El Ravager wrote:While we're on the subject, WHY ISN'T THERE A QFG2VGA FORUM UP YET?! It's just unspeakably rude of AGDI to let us know the release date and yet withhold the appropriate forum. WHEN WILL IT BE UP?! I'm not downloading your game until you tell me!!

;-P
they've said a couple times that once the game is out, the forums will be up...
malekdarshin wrote::lol This is actually a very funny post!

It used to be, "Will the game ever be finished?"
Then it was, "When will the game be released?"
And then it was, "What day will the game be released?"
Now it's, "What time will the game be released?"

Who said that the world isn't brimming with patience?

I challenge all of you who feel like you can't live without QFG2 to wait until at least Wednesday to download the game.

That way I will be sure to get it on Sunday!
:) I was hoping someone saw the innocence and humor to it, I think someone else mentioned it too, and I agree, I may have gone a little overboard...

Also I guess I was feeding into what else could we ask that someone posted about... but really I was hoping people would just see that I was really excited about the release and was hoping I could download it at midnight, and if anybody could let me know without any other effort than a couple neurons firing and then typing the keys to let me know, I would be more than grateful....
Last edited by oughtobe on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#18 Post by Gronagor » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:16 pm

Hmmm... let's see...
oughtobe wrote:And no, I did not buy AL & EMMO.. but I'm sorry, I promise to buy their next game....
Only thing I can think is that you illegaly downloaded it then... in which case you DON'T have the right to make critique... and how can you make a fair judgement from a demo? That doesn't make sense?!?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#19 Post by Erpy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:18 pm

You deserve to ask, but my former post still stands and that will remain the case.

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#20 Post by oughtobe » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Gronagor wrote:Hmmm... let's see...
oughtobe wrote:And no, I did not buy AL & EMMO.. but I'm sorry, I promise to buy their next game....
Only thing I can think is that you illegaly downloaded it then... in which case you DON'T have the right to make critique... and how can you make a fair judgment from a demo? That doesn't make sense?!?
And yes I played the demo... And I think you can make a fair judgment on how much you'd like the type of adventure game that it is... I really did not like the cast and thought the setting was weak because of Freddy Pharkas... And also about downloading it, I downloaded it just to see if the full motion video was improved, and then after watching the intro and a few cutscenes i deleted the game... If that's illegal, I'm sorry you should sue me, if that's unethical, I don't agree...

Erpy wrote:You deserve to ask, but my former post still stands and that will remain the case.

oh yea, thanks... i meant to say something... So there we go, but just so I don't ask again like on saturday night, can you post here if you do know anything like saturday or saturday night about when you plan on releasing it? Am I just annoying you now or do you still feel honored to have someone so excited about the release?
Last edited by oughtobe on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#21 Post by Gronagor » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:23 pm

Ok... that's the second warning from Erpy. I'll shutup now. :(

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#22 Post by eriqchang » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:28 pm

This is a public forum, and you, of course, have the right to ask whatever your big Sierra-gaming heart desires.

And, to put all of this nonsense to rest.. I am on the WEST COST in San Francisco, California in the USA. AGD2 (Chris) and I will be flipping the switch sometime in the evening on Sunday - MY time (PST.) I cannot give you an exact time but does that help?

And yes, you're correct, we do put up with a lot. Most development teams don't even post on public forums - they leave that to the PR team. It's amazing some of the feedback I've been reading on here this past month. I would be lying if I said some of it didn't put me in a bad mood.

Fan participation is what does it for me. The best thing you can do is to support Himalaya's commercial efforts, support and spread the word about the games, and join in on the contests and fun - there are a lot of fun prizes to be had.

enjoy! ;)

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#23 Post by oughtobe » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:41 pm

eriqchang wrote:This is a public forum, and you, of course, have the right to ask whatever your big Sierra-gaming heart desires.

And, to put all of this nonsense to rest.. I am on the WEST COST in San Francisco, California in the USA. AGD2 (Chris) and I will be flipping the switch sometime in the evening on Sunday - MY time (PST.) I cannot give you an exact time but does that help?

And yes, you're correct, we do put up with a lot. Most development teams don't even post on public forums - they leave that to the PR team. It's amazing some of the feedback I've been reading on here this past month. I would be lying if I said some of it didn't put me in a bad mood.

Fan participation is what does it for me. The best thing you can do is support Himalaya's commercial efforts and join in on the contests and fun - there are a lot of fun prizes to be had.

enjoy! ;)
Thank you, I felt like I had rights, but I just felt that some of the board members who chose to not like me should be reminded. I know I have strong opinions that are not popular and I understand many will hate or love me for it, but just remember, it's not right to promote censorship or force people out of discussions in any way.

Ok, sorry I had to go into that, but I was hoping talking some sense might put me at a don't mess with me i won't mess with you playing field...

Flipping the switch? Do you mean changing the website and readying your servers? stuff like that is really cool to know...

I hope the bad moods only last for the time it takes to read another good mood post (which hopefully isn't long, and I bet with all the cool art work lately hasn't been).

Yea I think all the contests and stuff are cool, and I'm really grateful you guys are so interactive with your fans, I hope you guys really succeed and other companies follow your business model... Whats up with the certificate, you said we should print it for something coming up in a couple days, a coloring contest maybe? In case you can't tell, suspense with you guys kills me... in a good way...

like, what are those two surprises? I'm still kicking myself in the head over that... the two surprises fans of the remakes would be happy about... oh... a gold rush remake you say? with voice acting and full motion video cutscenes, supervised by the original authors and a speech pack for QFG 2 to coincide with the announcement of the rights being secured to make an official "QFGVI: So you want to bring back adventures?", really? you don't say? well, no biggie, I figured that much at least...

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#24 Post by Schloss Ritter » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:38 am

Right, along with what eriq just said, I swear I just read in the main release thread one of the ADGI's say something about enjoying playing Sunday night, so there you go. :)

And yeah, it's cool to see dev teams active in their community. When GK3 was in development and after release, adb (producer Adam Bormann) was pretty active in the forum, and Jane Jensen herself stopped by occasionally. While awaiting Planescape: Torment, I remember some of the Black Isle Studios crew to be pretty accessible for feedback as well.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#25 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:59 am

Erpy wrote:I personally think this is all MusicallyInspired's fault. After a release date was announced, he dared people to find something else to complain about and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED. :p
My apologies to everyone....I should have known.

At least we found out who all the cold-hearted people are :D.