Why not on a Friday?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Lancelot
Peasant Status

Why not on a Friday?

#1 Post by Lancelot » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:38 am

I would like to know why the game is being released on a Sunday and not on a Friday?

In my opinion it seems unlogical to release a game so long awaited on a Sunday because
school is starting for many people on Monday and most people work Monday through Friday.

It is still great the game is being released and congratulations on finally achieving this, but this is
one less fan that will be downloading on release, and having to wait until next Friday to be able to play without responsibilities over the weekend.

njspannaus
Peasant Status

Re: Why not on a Friday?

#2 Post by njspannaus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:42 am

i suppose you could wait until next friday before downloading it

RogerWanko
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by RogerWanko » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:44 am

you should have chosen Whinealot ;)

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by arganite » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:46 am

Lancelot wrote:I would like to know why the game is being released on a Sunday and not on a Friday?

In my opinion it seems unlogical to release a game so long awaited on a Sunday because
school is starting for many people on Monday and most people work Monday through Friday.

It is still great the game is being released and congratulations on finally achieving this, but this is
one less fan that will be downloading on release, and having to wait until next Friday to be able to play without responsibilities over the weekend.
Ok, send a message to Erpy, etc, asking them to push the date back. Play it Monday afternoon/night.

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by MacGyver » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:20 am

I think he just wants to know why out of curiousity. People has been asking the release date of the game, and it has always been mentioned that "when it's ready". Nobody requested the game to be released on any specific date after it's ready.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#6 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:42 am

Lancelot wrote:...but this is one less fan that will be downloading on release, and having to wait until next Friday to be able to play without responsibilities over the weekend.
I'm sure AGDI (and you) will still be able to sleep at night despite this tragic turn of events.

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by Alanor. » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:04 am

By the way why August 24, any perticular significance for the day being chosen. I have a feeling that AGDI hurried on with the release or was this date thought of quite a while back. Even the time of release was kind random considering the fans excitement for the release.

Tye
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Tye » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:07 am

It's AGD1's birthday today. ;) So I'm going to guess that that was a major factor in deciding when to release it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:09 am

That and we knew we wouldn't be able to get things tied up on the 22th, but we didn't want to make people wait until the 29th.

JustLuke32
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by JustLuke32 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:17 am

I'd delay the release until New Years Day if I were you. It gives you plenty of time to finish all the little details, and it gives us something to look forward to playing next year...

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Alanor. » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:27 am

JustLuke32 wrote:I'd delay the release until New Years Day if I were you. It gives you plenty of time to finish all the little details, and it gives us something to look forward to playing next year...
sssomebody flame this guy :evil or is everybody tired out :p

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#12 Post by Paladinlover » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Thankfully for me, I have a teensy bit of summer vacation left, so I'll probably be able to immerse myself in the game. Of course, I do have a load of other stuff to do (notably starting to study for next semister, as well as read some self-development/self-help books and APPLY what they have to teach), and I have been trying to get my interest in adventure games again by playing some lesser known and mediocre games (like altered destiny) and trying to solve it with as little hints or spoilers as possible... as a real adventure game should be solved.

Till next time stay cool 8))

glyfrahnour
Peasant Status

#13 Post by glyfrahnour » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:04 pm

sunday is perfect. its much like a religious experience to me. :)

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by Spanky » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Eh, I'm sure we all have at least an hour to spare a day. Just spend it playing qfg2.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#15 Post by Paladinlover » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:13 pm

sssomebody flame this guy or is everybody tired out
Why? Just leave him, we all know that the AGDs and all the beta testers pretty much broke their backs hammering out the bugs in the alpha and beta testing? There will probably be even LESS bugs in it than the original QFG 2!

Till next time stay cool 8))