Hidden Passage / Shapier Alley (Glitch?)

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

njspannaus
Peasant Status

Hidden Passage / Shapier Alley (Glitch?)

#1 Post by njspannaus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:02 am

I vaguely remember there being one alley in Shapier that appeared to be a deadend--but you were actually able to walk through the walls at the very end of it (to the side). Your character would disappear behind the walls and there appeared to be a room back there. I can't remember if this was part of the game, a glitch, or possibly some kind of easter egg.

Anyway, I just spent 25 minutes running my character into deadends throughout Shapier to no avail... I figured I'd just break down and ask... anyone else remember this? or am i dreaming?

Mr. Alsheid
Peasant Status

Re: Hidden Passage / Shapier Alley (Glitch?)

#2 Post by Mr. Alsheid » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:08 pm

The only 3 places like that I can think of are Aziza's, WIT, and the Thief mission.

Maybe you WERE just dreaming it.

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:05 pm

If i remember i think it is the money changer or the astronomer room is what you are talking about.

John

RC-Cola
Peasant Status

#4 Post by RC-Cola » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:55 pm

This doesn't answer your question, but I remember you could walk out the bottom left corner of Issur's room and walk around on the black empty part of the floor in front of the wall cutaway.

Now I'm curious though - you said there was a room, did it actually change to a different screen? What did it look like?

njspannaus
Peasant Status

#5 Post by njspannaus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:51 pm

okay, i just tried EVERY alley in the game and couldn't find it.. it's aggravating though, because i remember it so vividly.. and i almost feel like the game actually acknowledged the "glitch" in some way (making it more of an easter egg than a glitch)..

oh well.. fyi, here's an artistic rendering of what the hell i'm talkin about:

ps. i'm using the most updated version of the game--so it IS possible that this thing did exist in an early version and then got corrected in the patched version.. i can't find the release notes, so it's hard to say