My post was deleted . . . [qfg 4.5 question]

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

CGG
Royal Servant Status

My post was deleted . . . [qfg 4.5 question]

#1 Post by CGG » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:41 pm

I think somebody deleted my post >:

Along with everybody else, i've been getting back into the series as a warm up for today's release! On the web, there is some chatter abotu Quest for Glory 4 and 1/2, and I was wondering where to download it. It supposed to be the hero's return to Spielberg between qfg 4 and qfg 5. It is apparently funny, though a bit crude.

Moderators: Please note that qfg 4.5 is a FAN made game - very much like agdi- which is apparently available for FREE (at least that is what EVERYBODY on the internet says). I am not asking for information that would require trademark (edit: I mean copyright )infringement, nor would i because i take copyright issues very seriously.
Last edited by CGG on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

Re: My post was deleted . . . [qfg 4.5 question]

#2 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:58 pm

Actually, I think there were a few copyright issues with the game. It ripped some graphics/backgrounds from the original games, which didn't please Sierra. They went after the creators of the game and the website subsequently got taken down.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:03 pm

We all know what QFG4.5 is including the Mods. If they deleted it they had a good reason. Don't keep bringing it up.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by CGG » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:11 pm

ThreeHeadedMonkey wrote:Actually, I think there were a few copyright issues with the game. It ripped some graphics/backgrounds from the original games, which didn't please Sierra. They went after the creators of the game and the website subsequently got taken down.
Thanks threeheadedmonkey - i would rather get some information than just a simple delete. I'm not an IP lawyer, but I always thought (from 1L property class) that parody was protected fair use. (this isn't a legal opinion - but it would really surprise me personally if that is not the case).

Obviously, the game has been taken down from the orginial site - it appears they are out of business. I do not know the reason for them taking it down, but it was first posted years ago.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Since the game was requested to cease & desist by Sierra, it falls into the category of abandonware here. I'm keeping the thread open, but please don't post links.

glyfrahnour
Peasant Status

#6 Post by glyfrahnour » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:16 pm

i just found the game last night. it is a total rip off but it is fun. it has lots of new twists and new places to go. very dirty and lots of bugs.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by BrianR » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:25 pm

My signature pic was from that game. It was funny and kinda entertaining. But its not a parody its a rip off.

deltamatrix
Knight Status

#8 Post by deltamatrix » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:12 am

I thought that game was great. I almost regard it as canon. :rollin

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#9 Post by Klytos » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:58 am

It's nowhere near parody. The use of materials from other copyright protected games puts it straight away into the "likely to get sued" category.

CrazyStalker
Peasant Status

#10 Post by CrazyStalker » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:58 pm

I think the download link in the Adventure Game Studio's site got fixed recently.