quest for glory 5 movies crash game

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Than1134
Peasant Status

quest for glory 5 movies crash game

#1 Post by Than1134 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:08 am

so anyone know a good way to fix the dragon movies in qfg5 i figured id ask since im just sitting here refreshing this page abut once every 5 min i checked around and all i could find was change the movie names but it didnt say to what. any help would be welcomed

El Ravager
Knight Status

Re: quest for glory 5 movies crash game

#2 Post by El Ravager » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:12 am

I'm told downloading the latest version of Quicktime and installing it should fix things, but I've never had the problem so I can't vouch for the solution's veracity...

AlcoholicPenguin
Peasant Status

#3 Post by AlcoholicPenguin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:18 am

This has worked for some people:

First, update QuickTime to the latest version, then open the QuickTime player, go to Edit->Preferences->QuickTime Preferences, click on the Audio tab, click the check box next to "Safe mode (waveOut only)", click on Advanced tab, click on radio button next to Safe mode (GDI only), click apply, ok, close.

Good luck, Dragon Fire is a bitch to get working on today's machines.

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:22 am

yea, i couldn't even get the last animation to load, it pissed me off, i would defeat the dragon, the last movie would start to load up, usually it just skips it when it doesn't load up, but i guess it crashes because its the end of the game... it really pissed me off....

btw, does anybody know if you could save your character at the end of QFG5, in case they ever made a six? does it talk about a six like in the others? thanks...

El Ravager
Knight Status

#5 Post by El Ravager » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:25 am

It does give you the option to save your character just like all the others, though it doesn't explicitly mention an upcoming sequel. :(

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Brainiac » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:28 am

El Ravager wrote:It does give you the option to save your character just like all the others, though it doesn't explicitly mention an upcoming sequel. :(
You can also reimport that same Hero just like with QfG4. However, all skill levels are retruncated to 400. Honestly, the export is mostly just a "for old times" kind of thing.

TheLonelyPaladin
Peasant Status

#7 Post by TheLonelyPaladin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:38 am

A: Not to be rude, but in the off topic forum (where this is sure to be moved shortly) we went over this just recently, I mean like literally a couple of days ago. Again not be rude, personally I hate when people jump up new posters asses because they haven't figured out their way around, just letting you know because there's a lot of this kind of discussion there, so goo place to look in the future.

B: Basically it comes down to this:

A) The game won't run as is unless compatibility mode is set to Windows 9x.
B) Windows Vista, XP, and 2000 are not compatible with Quicktime when running in Compatibility mode for Windows 9x.
C) If you install http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Ar ... 5Win2k.zip the game will natively in Vista, XP, 2000 cutscenes and all.
You must install http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Ar ... g5up12.zip first.

If you are running Vista or XP 64 bit: The patch executables will not run on a 64 bit OS. The simplist work around is to copy your entire QFG5 installed directory onto a machine running a 16 or 32 bit version of Windows 3.1 or higher (including a emulated or virtual machine enviroment if available) run the patch executables then copy the entired drectory back to where it was originally installed.

Than1134
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Than1134 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:10 am

thank you and sorry i just was bored and asked without looking but the response time today is amazing you guys rock thanks

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:14 am

HEY. I KNOW YOU.