It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: QFG2VGA Download
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:18 pm 
Knight Status

Lady Pyro wrote:
Dee wrote:
Rly? Which consoles?

Intellevision, SNES, N64, PS2, Wii and Gamecube.
I also have a VCR hooked in there, which doesn't make me geeker, but it does mean I get to watch the same copy of Jurassic Park I've been watching since I was like, seven.

Intellevision? Wow. I bow to your superior geekdom - though I think I may be a bit disadvantaged by age. ;p

Why's the GC still hooked in? Gameboy Player?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:14 am 
Defense Minister Status

Kloreep wrote:
Lady Pyro wrote:
Dee wrote:
Rly? Which consoles?

Intellevision, SNES, N64, PS2, Wii and Gamecube.
I also have a VCR hooked in there, which doesn't make me geeker, but it does mean I get to watch the same copy of Jurassic Park I've been watching since I was like, seven.

Intellevision? Wow. I bow to your superior geekdom - though I think I may be a bit disadvantaged by age. ;p

Why's the GC still hooked in? Gameboy Player?

Well I inherited the Geekdom and the Intellevision from my Grandfather. He was always on the cutting edge with these things (yeah he got it when it was brand new) and LOVED video games so I had one of those massive controllers in my hand (for those that don't know it looks a TV clicker with a dial at the top) at an extremely young age.
The Gamecube is mostly just a sick sense of loyalty. It's served me well and I figure it deserves to finish up the games that were started on it. I plan to tie up the loose ends then set it aside in a nice neat box with the PS1.
I know right, I'm totally weird :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:30 am 
Peasant Status

Nothing wrong with finishing up loose ends. I'm still working on beating Eternal Darkness for the third time or whatever you need to do to get the real ending. Also, used GC games come pretty cheap these days if you're willing to look around...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:37 am 
Defense Minister Status

PowerSkunk wrote:
Nothing wrong with finishing up loose ends. I'm still working on beating Eternal Darkness for the third time or whatever you need to do to get the real ending. Also, used GC games come pretty cheap these days if you're willing to look around...

OH MAN I LOVE THAT GAME!
I have some buddies I play survival horrors with and unfortunately that's one of the few we didn't get to finish before he moved (he owned that game, not me).
It had it's faults but I love when you start to loose it and your limbs fall off or other really random things. We had just gotten into Edward's bit in the mansion when he left.
And went never got to play the second obscure either....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:43 am 
Peasant Status

Lady Pyro wrote:
OH MAN I LOVE THAT GAME!
I have some buddies I play survival horrors with and unfortunately that's one of the few we didn't get to finish before he moved (he owned that game, not me).
It had it's faults but I love when you start to loose it and your limbs fall off or other really random things. We had just gotten into Edward's bit in the mansion when he left.
And went never got to play the second obscure either....

The sanity meter was quite a nice touch. There's nothing like walking into a room full of zombies and the 'cube telling you that your controller isn't plugged in while you get beaten to death. Great game...now if only I could find which memory card has the good saved games on it...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:49 am 
Peasant Status

OH how I love Eternal Darkness. <3

I'm like you, Lady Pyro, I'll probably never be able to give up my Gamecube. Nintendo sure did a number on me, instilling crazy amounts of brand loyalty when I was a kid. Heh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:00 am 
Royal Servant Status

Nobara wrote:
OH how I love Eternal Darkness. <3

I'm like you, Lady Pyro, I'll probably never be able to give up my Gamecube. Nintendo sure did a number on me, instilling crazy amounts of brand loyalty when I was a kid. Heh.

sick avatar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:18 am 
Peasant Status

Nobara wrote:
Nintendo sure did a number on me, instilling crazy amounts of brand loyalty when I was a kid.

....So did Sierra, now that I think about it.

And yeah I spent a lot of time a few years ago taking about three million Camelot screenshots and making icons. Woo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:23 am 
Royal Servant Status

IF THIS GAME DOESNT COME OUT IN THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES I AM BLOWING MY BRAINS OUT

literally i'm going to stick a straw in my own ear (one of those crazy straws that curve around everywhere) and blow into it so hard my brains go flying out my other ear