As we head into the evening in PST...

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

arganite
Royal Servant Status

As we head into the evening in PST...

#1 Post by arganite » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 am

As we head into the evening in PST (I checked http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/), it is probably a good time to reflect upon all the good times we have had waiting for QFG2 VGA to become available, as well as the fun we have had in QFG itself.

I still will never forget the time that I finally finished Quest For Glory 4, and then a few days later, Quest For Glory 5. It was epic.

Many thanks to AGDI who will sometime in the next few hours release the game we have all been waiting for. Its been a blast.

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

Re: As we head into the evening in PST...

#2 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:54 am

HELLO? people, i have a preview!!! nobody cares?

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:56 am

oughtobe wrote:HELLO? people, i have a preview!!! nobody cares?
Could you get much more needy? Obviously no one cares. Get the hint, go away.

I never played five. I borrowed one and two from my Cousin, bought four. Then Bought Anthology. It was amazing, I actually found it at a flea market in rather good shape but with no books.
Unfortunately the internet hadn't evolved well at the time and my copy had no manual. I'd emailed sierra saying I could prove I had a real copy but they said they couldn't help me get a manual.
But they were still all good times.
Last edited by Lady Pyro on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:58 am

Lady Pyro wrote:
I'm not needy, i'm just proud of myself... I have a preview, and I know if I was someone else I would really want to see this preview... so i just find it wierd, everybody is stressing and posting a bunch of times, but nobody wants to see a preview... i'm sick of your bitter attitude, please ignore my posts and I will ignore yours from now on... you don't need to reply and I will never reply to your posts...

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#5 Post by Paladinlover » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:01 am

Well since the AGDs are living in Arizona, that puts me 3 hours ahead of them. Meaning when it comes to 8:00 or 9:00PM (I heard they're releasing it at that time), it'll be 11 PM or 12 AM for me. I guess that means I won't really be ably to play it indepth tonight, but tomorrow is another day, and one more day can't hurt after waiting seven whole years! :D

Till next time stay cool 8))

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:06 am

oughtobe wrote:
Lady Pyro wrote:
I'm not needy, i'm just proud of myself... I have a preview, and I know if I was someone else I would really want to see this preview... so i just find it wierd, everybody is stressing and posting a bunch of times, but nobody wants to see a preview... i'm sick of your bitter attitude, please ignore my posts and I will ignore yours from now on... you don't need to reply and I will never reply to your posts...
LOL! Of all the people to talk about someone else's attitude! I have a right to post and to respond and I choose to exercise that right. Don't get me wrong, you're posts evoke no real emotional response, I just like responding to them and watching you make a bigger fool of yourself every time.
It's like you live in your own tiny dome where you actually sound smart.
News Flash: No one responded because we all know your full of it.

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by arganite » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:16 am

Someone who joined twenty days ago has a preview? :rollin

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:19 am

arganite wrote:
Someone who joined twenty days ago has a preview? :rollin
I've been lurking around for 6+ years, what does that have to do with it? And not everyone thought I was full of sh!t... just check my other post, I actually posted the preview...

Pablo Gonzalo
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Pablo Gonzalo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 am

Lady Pyro wrote:I never played five. I borrowed one and two from my Cousin, bought four. Then Bought Anthology. It was amazing, I actually found it at a flea market in rather good shape but with no books.
Unfortunately the internet hadn't evolved well at the time and my copy had no manual. I'd emailed sierra saying I could prove I had a real copy but they said they couldn't help me get a manual.
But they were still all good times.
Check the Anthology disc, I'm fairly certain the manuals are in txt and doc files on it (look for the DOCO folder).

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by MacGyver » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:21 am

arganite wrote:As we head into the evening in PST
We head into the afternoon in Asia, and have the whole day to download the game if it's still on schedule :)

Germain
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Germain » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:29 am

Lady Pyro wrote: Don't get me wrong, you're posts evoke no real emotional response, I just like responding to them and watching you make a bigger fool of yourself every time.
Yeah, clearly :rolleyes

What a troll.

Raa
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Raa » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:17 am

Darnit, Lunch time shortly, then work.... >sigh<
Im going to be sitting at working thinking about QFG2VGA now :P (And not working lol)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#13 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:51 am

Don't get me wrong, you're posts evoke no real emotional response, I just like responding to them and watching you make a bigger fool of yourself every time.
Kind of addictive, isn't it, Lady Pyro? :lol

whoooooopi
Peasant Status

#14 Post by whoooooopi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:02 am

Good memories indeed.

Was maybe... 8 or 9 when I first played QFG2. Then I found a copy of the anthology for sale in my mid teens.

Beating QFG4 was a thrilling experience. Though QFG5 didn't blow my mind like I hoped it would. I did, however, love the Music from QFG5. One track in particular, "The Dance of Mystery and Intrigue" has remained a favorite of mine ever since.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#15 Post by PotatoSlayer » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:04 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, you're posts evoke no real emotional response, I just like responding to them and watching you make a bigger fool of yourself every time.
Kind of addictive, isn't it, Lady Pyro? :lol
I'll second that :D

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by Alanor. » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:16 am

Lady Pyro wrote:Don't get me wrong, you're posts evoke no real emotional response, I just like responding to them and watching you make a bigger fool of yourself every time.
Don't argue with fools, they will first bring you to their level and then beat you with their experience.

Not calling you a fool oughtobe, just giving some sound advice. Nothing against you mate. Let's drop the hostility everybody.

Omega Supreme
Peasant Status

#17 Post by Omega Supreme » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:45 am

My brothers and I used to play QFG 2 all the time when we were kids (we're all between 26 and 29 now). We played and played. Never made it past the fire elemental, but wandered the halls of Shapier for days on end. Still, good times. I'm going to send them the link as soon as it's ready to download!