This game is amazing

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Kloreep
Knight Status

This game is amazing

#1 Post by Kloreep » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:36 am

I've only puttered around a bit by the inn and out in the desert so far, but this game is amazing. It teems with details. Quite literally in the case of the dialog portraits... how you pack so much character into so few pixels, I do not know.

Favorite moment so far: fighting a T-Rex (or whatever they're called) out in the desert. First it knocks my hero back. "Wow, that's new." Then it proceeds to take him in its mouth and thrash him around. "Holy @%!$ that's new!"

LonemanX
Peasant Status

Re: This game is amazing

#2 Post by LonemanX » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:59 am

I completely agree......I've only seen about as much as you have and it's already breathtaking......amazing job! I gotta sleep now, but I can't wait to give it a serious play tomorrow. Thanks again AGDI!!!!! 8))

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#3 Post by DrJones » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:20 am

Even though I've never played the original EGA Version (I only own the 1st and 3rd of the series), I saw it one day on a friend's house, and I love how this one allows you to keep the old parser and alleyways if you want them so much.

Myself, I'm playing with the combo Parser + Point 'n' Click system, and I love it. I get easy access to the important questions, while I am still able to ask the moneychanger for a kiss. :lol

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:09 am

Seriously, this game is amazing.... From the moment it started, it just sucked you in and you knew you were in for a great ride... from the star wars or was it star trek to flying by, to the carpet being burned a little by the Trial by Fire logo, I knew this remake was gonna be special... and so far, I'm on day 2 and its amazing... there is actual stuff in the alleyways.... and its open ceilings, like it felt like it should have been... great game... WOW!!!!!!!

oxygen1234
Peasant Status

#5 Post by oxygen1234 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:46 am

Amazing job. The documents included (like FACS) were a nice touch too. The combat system looks well done as well.

Just amazing.

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Spanky » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Great stuff. But I think I made the mistake of choosing the "classic alley" option...
I forgot how much of the game involved navigating through that damn city!

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#7 Post by Gronagor » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:58 pm

Only until you bought the map.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#8 Post by PotatoSlayer » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:02 pm

Yeah I think Al Emmo just walked by me while I was wandering around the city

Arastior
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Arastior » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:18 pm

Absolutely agree!
This remake is brilliant! It is the best game of 2008!