Saurus Repair Shop

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

arganite
Royal Servant Status

Saurus Repair Shop

#1 Post by arganite » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:10 pm

Sorry about the size. Nice shop :).

It is on street Dambi Darb, off from Tarik of the Kattas.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Saurus Repair Shop

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:28 pm

All the screen descriptions and most of the actions you can perform were actually discerned from the remnants the EGA version's code. So this isn't merely our own interpretation of the repair shop, but rather how it was intended to appear in the original 1990 release (at least at a very basic level).

Of course, we have taken artistic liberties with the visuals, as no screen artwork ever was made for the EGA version. So we based the screen layout on some very vague textual descriptions contained in the original saurus shop code and texts. We also added some stuff that wasn't mentioned anywhere in the original shop (i.e. The mechanic's random actions and some of the background scenery).

10 points to anyone who can guess where the mechanic himself is actually from (and yes, his identity was meant to be the same in the EGA version too).

KrushR
Peasant Status

#3 Post by KrushR » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:48 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote: 10 points to anyone who can guess where the mechanic himself is actually from (and yes, his identity was meant to be the same in the EGA version too).
is he supposed to be the Fonz from Happy Days?

I'm just guessing from the screen shot with the blue coveralls. I have to wait until I get home tonight to play. :cry

Colchek
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Colchek » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:06 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:10 points to anyone who can guess where the mechanic himself is actually from (and yes, his identity was meant to be the same in the EGA version too).
The 'Old Salt' you gamble against for the whiskey bottle in Codename: ICEMAN. :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:08 pm

We have a winner. Yep, according to Brian K. Hughes, Salt was indeed the guy from Codename Iceman.

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:03 pm

Is there anything you can actually do at the saurus repair shop? All i figured to do was look at stuff and lower the saurus, but is that all? was it just supposed to be like an easter egg in the original too or was their a purpose for it?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm

It was merely an easter egg.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#8 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:32 pm

Think "Little Computer People" on the C64. Something like that... without the interaction of being able to tell Salt what to do.

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Think "Little Computer People" on the C64. Something like that... without the interaction of being able to tell Salt what to do.
so like watching a video little computer people, but you have an eye icon? and you can manipulate one object? ha... I think you just wanted to mention that game, and I'm happy you did, they should remake that game, i know sims, but still a real remake... Also, did you play the Last Ninja? that was like an rpg adventure, that game was great, i hope they remake it, they were supposed to and i think they had a working demo for the xbox but it wasn't "groundbreaking" enough, which i am happy about, it would suck to waste that license....

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#10 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:33 am

Salt was a submarine mechanic, right? I like the guy already... :)

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by arganite » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Just in case anyone needs help finding it:

techie775
Knight Status

#12 Post by techie775 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:16 pm

I played my first character on the simplified map so my when I did my second one normal style this was one of the first things I did. Pretty funny. I like the music too.