Issur Arm Wrestling?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

Issur Arm Wrestling?

#1 Post by ATMachine » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:55 am

Just a quick question. I'm having trouble beating Issur at arm wrestling. Can you guys give me any tips as to what my stats should be before I take him on? Also, what's the best strategy in terms of how to defend against him (keypress-wise)?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Issur Arm Wrestling?

#2 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:57 am

Your strength should be around 140 to 150. I personally found the easiest way to beat him is to hold back his slams until he tires himself out.

Saikyo Mog
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Saikyo Mog » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Hmm..My strength is at 140, and I can't seem to beat him....So I should just keep clicking the down arrow until his status bar goes down to nothing, and then go for the slam?

My character seems to tire out before much can get done...I can hold my position for awhile, but that's pretty much it....

EDIT: Go figure..I swear to god this always happens...Tried again right after posting, and I won.. >_<

EDIT 2: Course, now my problem is that he won't give me the bellows...The air elemental is in town, I talked to Aziza and the flying gnome guy, but nothing...Any help?

EDIT 3: >: >: >: >: Again!! I kept talking to him, trying to get that option, pointing to the bellows, and whatever else you can think of, and a minute of making EDIT 2, the option comes up.. >_<

millig11
Peasant Status

#4 Post by millig11 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Ok, this may sound silly, but how do you arm wrestle with him. In the old game I could just type wrestle, but that doesn't seem to work here. I tried challenge and prove it as well, but I don't seem to be able to wrestle with him. I did tell him to F--k off though and he promptly threw me out. That was rather funny. I noticed if you say that word to him at all he throws you out even without the other warnings.

AtypicalChuck
Peasant Status

#5 Post by AtypicalChuck » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:49 pm

I was able to wrestle with him by putting the mouth cursor on my character and selecting "Challenge"; then using the money bag on him.

However I cannot beat him for the life of me! Do I rapidly hit/click the left arrow or do I hold it down? What visual cues (shaking arms) mean what? It's so confusing T_T

AtypicalChuck
Peasant Status

#6 Post by AtypicalChuck » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:02 am

I think I was confused with the number pad arrows with the normal directional arrows... maybe a practice round like Uhura gave would have been nice XD "Press (2) when they try to slam to hold" or whatnot

Devron
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Devron » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:17 am

Another (less advisable) way is to use the left arrow key plus the "4" numpad key plus using your mouse to click the left button on the screen. I beat Issur with 75 strength. It's the modern day "AA battery across the B and A buttons of your NES controller while playing track and field" trick. (Hooray to anyone who gets that reference)

Unfortunately, I was too smart by a half - how can I easily increase my strength stat since I beat Issur right away? Can someone tell me how else to directly increase strength in QFG2?

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by ATMachine » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:25 am

Try going to the Shapeir Overlook, picking up some rocks, and throwing them around (if you have the Throwing stat). Or, failing that, regular sparring with Uhura (several times a day) should bring it up pretty quick.

Besides, you don't want to arm-wrestle Issur regularly unless you like losing money - he increases the price by 1 dinar every time you come back for more.

Incidentally, thanks for the tip, Erpy - I beat him with a strength of 150.

Devron
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Devron » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:05 am

Those two tips plus tweaking on vigor pills worked fine. Thank you!

Prio
Knight Status

#10 Post by Prio » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:10 am

Even if you don't have a Throwing stat, heaving rocks around will still increase your strength.

hurleybird
Peasant Status

#11 Post by hurleybird » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 am

I can't get him to wrestle me no matter what. I type in challenge and prove but he doesen't understand. Is it because I'm a multi-classed fighter maybe?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#12 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:32 am

First you must ask him about arm wrestling before you know he accepts challenges.

hurleybird
Peasant Status

#13 Post by hurleybird » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:38 am

I already had. Nothing.

papste
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by papste » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:22 am

I challenged Issur being a multiclass thief by just clicking the mouth icon on my self and the option comes up. In addition i had to use the money bag on him to place a bet, assuming you have some shapeir money. He used to beat me everytime with a strength of over 150, when i found out that it was due to the fact that my stamina was low. A single vigor pill fixed the problem and i was able to beat him no problem by simply applying more pressure and pressing the hold afew times when i saw the hands shaking.

hurleybird
Peasant Status

#15 Post by hurleybird » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:42 am

Ah, there's a menu when you click mouth on yourself, got it.