few minor issues but the game is pretty good so far.

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

techie775
Knight Status

few minor issues but the game is pretty good so far.

#1 Post by techie775 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:43 pm

Well Thanks again for yet another awesome game. I know it took you guys along time and gives you experience for your careers.I love how you kept the same shortcut keys as the original qfg2. Is there any way to set up the game time speed like in the original?
The battle setup is hard to use if you are playing the game on a laptop since there is no numpad. And it took me awhile to understand the moving character up and down. I know Uhara has a tutorial on that which is neat, but if you're going in the desert to get money for a map you couldn't have seen that. Game seems great besides that.Thanks again.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: few minor issues but the game is pretty good so far.

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Increasing the game speed slider will speed up the time. But the only other way is by resting or sleeping.

You can actually redefine the combat keys to your liking from the options menu. Open it and you'll see a button for it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:57 pm

Hmm, I couldn't replicate the running-issue you mentioned. Does it happen consistently?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:06 pm

Was that meant to be a reply to Deltamatrix's thread, Erpy?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:09 pm

Whoops, sorry.

techie775
Knight Status

#6 Post by techie775 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:20 pm

Another thing I noticed with a new character magic user, the only one I tried so far, started out with low stats. Your hero starts out with 40 strength if you don't modify anything. An most of the stats except magic are that low. I tried going out in the desert fighting and I have trouble getting through one fight without escaping. I don't mind a challenge but did you make that way so you build up your skills in shapier first before you'd be strong enough to go in the desert and fight? Cause it seems hard even when I set the game skill really low.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:48 pm

Yeah, the starting mage's stats are too low to really survive an actual physical battle. You could try alternating dazzle and flame dart, though that's not gonna result in a quick kill either. Regardless, a powered up mage with powered up spells kills things very quickly, so his potential growth is quite steep.

techie775
Knight Status

#8 Post by techie775 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:08 pm

makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to answering all my questions.

techie775
Knight Status

#9 Post by techie775 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Abdulla Doo mentions contacting astrologer about the Fire Elemental on day 5 evening even if you've already done taken care of it. That might have happened in the original now that I think about it but it still makes no sense to give hints about a puzzle if you've already taken care of it.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#10 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 pm

This is intended and works the same way as the original game. Abdulla's talking about consulting the Astrologer about the omens. Kind of hinting that the Hero should go there too, if he hasn't already.