Problems with resolution/vista

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

chuea
Peasant Status

Problems with resolution/vista

#1 Post by chuea » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:49 am

I cannot run the game in 320X200 mode. It only runs in window mode which is incredibly tiny, and unplayable.

I can run in 640 but the graphics look horrible. I waited forever for this and really want to play it in the correct graphics. Any suggestions?

I updated to the latest drivers and everything..

Note: my brother is on vista and has the same problem.

I have an ATI radeon 2400 pro.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Problems with resolution/vista

#2 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:30 am

Have you tried playing with the other graphic settings in the setup, like the filters?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:10 am

Instead of upping the resolution directly, try selecting the '2x nearest-neighbour filter' from the 'graphics filers' drop-down menu in the winsetup.exe (accessible by clicking the 'Setup' button from the menu launcher).

chuea
Peasant Status

#4 Post by chuea » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:38 am

Yes I can play with the other filters, but they are the same graphics at the 640 resolution. It dosen't look nearly as crisp as the correct default resolution? Am I up creek without a paddle? ;/

BerserkerTails
Peasant Status

#5 Post by BerserkerTails » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:40 am

chuea wrote:Yes I can play with the other filters, but they are the same graphics at the 640 resolution. It dosen't look nearly as crisp as the correct default resolution? Am I up creek without a paddle? ;/
Well, the 2x filter does just that. Makes a one pixel square become a four pixel square, making everything twice as large. There's no way to "gain" extra detail by upping the resolution.

chuea
Peasant Status

#6 Post by chuea » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 am

I wasn't really trying to up the resolution. I just wanted to find a way to play at the correct resolution.