Original v. Simplified Map

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

AlastorBosch
Peasant Status

Original v. Simplified Map

#1 Post by AlastorBosch » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:18 pm

I set the map option to simplified in the beginning because I kept getting lost. ::wry chuckle:: But this now means I can't find the Saurus Repair shop (and who knows how many other neat things)(I scoured the city before looking at the relevant thread here). Is there any way to reset the map without restarting the game?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Original v. Simplified Map

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:20 pm

No, I'm afraid not. The dialogue system can be changed on the fly, but I'm afraid once you pick an alleyway system layout, you're stuck with it.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#3 Post by DrJones » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:41 pm

A reason to play again! :D

daventry
Knight Status

#4 Post by daventry » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Whats the diffrence with Classic and Simplefied. :)

adeyke

#5 Post by adeyke » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:26 pm

The simplified system has straight streets and only those relevant to the game. It's impossible to get lost in them. The classic system is the same as the original QfG2. There are also some thing you can only see in the classic system.

Heavenslaughing
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Heavenslaughing » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:36 am

Ever wandered around a Middle Eastern city of medieval construction? It's like that. I always liked the feel of the alleys, and I like it even more now that AGDI did the concept justice. You really only need to follow halfway complicated directions once at the very start of the game, when Alichica directs you to Dinarzad. After that, it's all magic mapping. Unless, of course, you want to discover some of the nifty things particular to the remake...