Mage fetching the Fire Elemental?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

Mage fetching the Fire Elemental?

#1 Post by Thyme in Lost » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:26 pm

In the EGA Version, when ever I played a mage or mage hybrid, I'd always use the fetch spell to move the Fire elemental from the Plaza to the hall way.

In the VGA Version, when ever I tried to cast fetch, the game would say "That isn't a good idea right now".
So, I ended up having to use incense, which I ended up paying for, because I couldn't get Harik to give it to me free.

So, was I doing something wrong when trying to cast fetch?
Should I had been able to get incense for free?

I know in EGA, Wizards didn't get incense for free, because they had another way of getting the Fire Elemental.

So I'm confused.

Still, get game so far.
Love magic in Combat.

Thyme in Lost

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Mage fetching the Fire Elemental?

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Hmmm, I never heard of that effect of fetch before. Harik SHOULD give you the incense without you having to pay for it. If he says "very well, you may take the incense, you got it for free".

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Thyme in Lost » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:52 pm

Erpy wrote:Hmmm, I never heard of that effect of fetch before. Harik SHOULD give you the incense without you having to pay for it. If he says "very well, you may take the incense, you got it for free".

If I tell him about fire Elemental, he says something nice a long that ends with something along the lines of "and some people want to get ride of the thing." Talking about the Fire elemental.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:57 pm

Yes, but if you then try to bargain for the incense, he'll give it to you without asking money.

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by pikaporeon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Damn, and to think i could have saved 70 centimes.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#6 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:16 pm

He won't always give it for free. If you make an offer that he'd normally accept, he'll still charge you for the incense. Best bet is to bargain 1 centime for it.

"Fetching" the Fire Elemental in the original seems like a quirk, so I'm assuming it was unintended.

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Thyme in Lost » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:40 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:He won't always give it for free. If you make an offer that he'd normally accept, he'll still charge you for the incense. Best bet is to bargain 1 centime for it.

"Fetching" the Fire Elemental in the original seems like a quirk, so I'm assuming it was unintended.
I clearly didn't bargain low enough.
"Fetching" the Fire Elemental was very difficult and it seemed as if you still used incense in the ally way, even if you had no incense to use, in EGA.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#8 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:04 am

sounds like it was a bug in the original that wasn't even encountered in the remake. Interesting.